Wrestling Forum banner

Could you Imagine if the WWE actually went through with the original main event.

1588 Views 14 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  TheGodsofChristmas
I was thinking about just how epic WM30 was and something occurred to me.

The original plan from the WWE was to have the streak end and then have the main event be Randy Orton v. Batista.

Holy Crap. Seriously the main event of WM30 would have been in front of an empty Superdome. It's just amazing to me that having Bryan in the main event is the difference between one of the best Manias ever and possibly the worst Wrestlemania in the history of the WWE.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
46,606 Posts
Oh God, if it had been Orton Vs. Batista AFTER the end of the streak? Most of that crowd would have walked out and the ones that stayed would have completely shit on it.

· Registered
3,356 Posts
After the people in the Superdome being deflated with disappointment (and possibly even anger) of Brock Lesnar ending the streak, having Batista and Orton as the main event would have just led to people either walking out or being just dead silent. I don't think majority would have even shit on the match, I think the crowd would have just been completely dead after the ending of the streak leaving them deflated. WWE were lucky that Daniel Bryan is as over as he is right now, otherwise the crowd during the main event would have been completely dead or even non-existent.

· Registered
65 Posts
After the people in the Superdome being deflated with disappointment (and possibly even anger) of Brock Lesnar ending the streak, having Batista and Orton as the main event would have just led to people either walking out or being just dead silent. I don't think majority would have even shit on the match, I think the crowd would have just been completely dead after the ending of the streak leaving them deflated. WWE were lucky that Daniel Bryan is as over as he is right now, otherwise the crowd during the main event would have been completely dead or even non-existent.
Yep, even those moments in the main event where Bryan was down and it was just Batista and Orton brawling it was completely silent, just a glimpse what could have been.

· Registered
519 Posts
^WTF is that?

· Registered
519 Posts
An actual human shit on the floor from a Smackdown taping about a month back
Wow. Who the fuck would shit on the floor lol I'm guessing he/she bounced after that

· Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Although I'm perfectly fine with the way everything unfolded, I wish I could take that magic ride into an alternative reality & see what it would have been like. Fuckery is an amazing thing to witness in wrestling, so a small cynical part of me really wishes I could of witnessed a Batista/Orton Main Event.

· Premium Member
585 Posts
It's amazing to think that they would have genuinely been as dumb or stupid to book Batista vs. Orton as the original Main Event of 'Mania 30, especially considering 'Tista returned as a babyface - it was bound to get shit on! Saying that though, if the original plan was to have Daniel Bryan in the Main Event this entire time (highly doubtful & I'm assuming the WWE was forced to include him after they realised how over Bryan had become with fans), it is surely one of, if not the greatest wrestling angles of all time.

· Banned
5,509 Posts
You just know WWE was planning it, or else Batista would have been heel from the start. Bryan was pushed as a result of Punk leaving... My god the crowd would have been so quiet like during the divas match :lmao
Bryan wasn't pushed because punk left. He got the match with triple h because of punk leaving, but he won the World title because of the incredible amount of fan support he's gotten.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.