• Maybe

Votes: 22 21.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just was wondering as everybody tries to rip the product by ripping who is doing creative. If you were the man on top of the food chain would you be able to do better than the current guys? Many people think it's easy or that TNA is trying to suck, when they are trying to make entertaining telivision.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
It's a learned skill for sure. Not everyone can do it. There's a million things to think about. For one, you can't always book what you want. Some people won't go for it, the wrestlers, the company, the TV execs. People get injured.

You have to book a few for yourself and a few for "Them." This is something all artist struggle with. What's your audience? Your audience might like things that you don't. How much should you cater to the public and how much of your booking should be based on your own self expression?

I like to think I'd be good at it. I understand story structure, I'm not dogmatic about the roles of pro wrestlers. I would love to play on old cliches. And more than anything, I would constantly be starting new angles and wrapping up old ones. I'd look at every month as a new chapter. Very few feuds would last more than one PPV.

But there's no way to tell, in the end. Except to get involved with the wrestling industry. I plan to start my own promotion at a later point in my life. But until then, it's fun to talk about.

Reactions: Cydius

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
A retarded monkey could book better than tna.

That being said, as long as lagana is involved I have hope.
in a funny story court Bauer and gabe sapolsky were both recommended to tna in the past and tna passed on both of them.

Oh what could have been.

I'm still counting on you Dave, save us.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
Most of this site could.

How do you think bookers learn how to book ?, it's wrestling not rocket science.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Most of this site would flame out in 2 months tops. Having 2 good ideas doesn't mean you can write a television show for a career or manage the personalities that come with every business and profession. Stick to the Be the Booker section and the daily "29 changes TNA should make" thread.

Reactions: Guy LeDouche

·
Registered
734 Posts
No and that goes for most people on here. There is so many things bookers have to deal with and to be honest most people would have a nervous breakdown. You have to deal with egos of wrestlers, injuries, releases, and higher ups all screwing with your ideas. Also it is easy to have a good idea but to be able to use it and make it work is a completely different thing. Also being able to have longevity is hard as well. Most people would have writers block within weeks.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Probably could; considering past bookers were Bischoff, Russo, and other hackjobs I would't feel any pressure in trying to outdo them.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Probably could; considering past bookers were Bischoff, Russo, and other hackjobs I would't feel any pressure in trying to outdo them.
Those guys could get away with it because they had big names and Dixie was in awe of them. Everybody here would have the network and the Promotion on our backs the first time something goes wrong.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
lol, you guys are so out of touch with reality.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes. I think I could. However, there's no way in the world that you're ever going to get the majority of people to agree that any one single direction is best. If you polled 100 TNA fans about who should be champion, you'd probably get the following responses:

40 AJ Styles
15 Jeff Hardy
15 Bully Ray
8 Bobby Roode
8 Magnus
6 Kurt Angle
4 Austin Aries
2 Sting
2 Hogan

Even if my numbers are WAY WAY off, my point is still valid that everyone views it differently and thinks that "their guy" should be the focal point. So, it's really hard to book in a way that you'll get fans to agree with. The Internet Wrestling Community is very picky and anal. That's not necessarily all bad but it makes for a lot of 'marks.'

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
No and that goes for most people on here. There is so many things bookers have to deal with and to be honest most people would have a nervous breakdown. You have to deal with egos of wrestlers, injuries, releases, and higher ups all screwing with your ideas. Also it is easy to have a good idea but to be able to use it and make it work is a completely different thing. Also being able to have longevity is hard as well. Most people would have writers block within weeks.
Most of that stuff would be the job of head of talent relations and the agents.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Most of this site could.

How do you think bookers learn how to book ?, it's wrestling not rocket science.
ok guys. put up or shut up.

book something you think is better then what tna is doing.

i feel like i've had some good ideas about possible storylines(like the thread i posted about how id book an aj/magnus fued and some people even said it was a great idea)

but to be a full time booker, probably not. booking matches, storylines, promos every week is probably tough.

i honestly think i could book the tag division better then tna right now since its pretty non existent. tho it would involve hiring a few guys.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Most of that stuff would be the job of head of talent relations and the agents.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
I am not saying that those are the booker's jobs. I am saying that those are all things that get in the way of being able to flesh out your ideas. Look at the card for BFG for example. The booker had a completely different card in mine before the summer. Things like budget cuts and rehab has drastically change what they had in mind.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
Lol at the people saying "yes" you're all smart marks on your computers just like me and everyone else on this message board.

Could I book TNA better than TNA? No and nobody else here could. Most people here have suggestions that consist of "Fire Hulk, Sting, Hardy, Angle, Bully and hire Kevin Steen and The American Wolves"

Yeah, that'll put butts in the seats. I'd like to request a 3 month plan of what the people who said "yes" would do if they were in charge of TNA. I can't wait for the hilarity.

4,547 Posts
While I'm not ready to pass judgement on the current situation, what with the recent changes (leaning positive, but we'll see), some of the time, yes I could do a better job. Like anyone else, those folks TNA’s placed in charge of booking make mistakes, a few big ones and more smaller ones that lead to larger problems, and at other moments they do something a bit inspired. Overall though, they haven’t been consistently good enough. That sounds blunt, and arrogant, coming from someone who isn’t a backstage professional of any sort in the wrestling industry but I know a little about how it’s done and, more importantly, I know people who know a lot more about doing it right and I’m not shy about asking for help when it’s needed.

TNA might be better off if they put people in place who, if they can’t be consistently inspired, are at minimum correct most of the time, flexible enough to change direction/accommodate egos without trampling everything else/work around problems when reasonable and willing to admit when it’s time to give an expert a call.

1 - 20 of 205 Posts