Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The matches that would normally be on a PPV would just be a part of regular Raw's and SD's.

Title matches could happen on TV and without a month long warning so Raw & SD could be full of surprises and must-watch stuff.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
They can't. The shows are ok but when you consider most good shows in USA get around 8+M viewers, having Raw with only like 5M isn't that great, ppvs are what really brings in the money for WWE.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
And making them lose a big part of their income? COuld you imagine a WWE with no Wrestlemania? Because I sure as fuck can't!

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
To be fair, they probably could for a few years, but overall would end up out of business.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And making them lose a big part of their income? COuld you imagine a WWE with no Wrestlemania? Because I sure as fuck can't!
OK, they'd keep like 4 PPV's but Raw would have an "Anything can happen" like atmosphere.

I just think it's weird that a heel will go "I'm not gonna invoke my rematch clause tonight, I'm gonna wait a month for no particular reason"

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Dumbest. Idea. Ever. WWE makes a SIGNIFICANT portion of their cash from PPV. What is the upside of forfeiting that money? They probably would boost their ratings, but a .5 or 1.0 ratings jump wouldn't counterbalance pulling in a bare minimum of 150,000 buys at a minimum of $45 each. You do the math.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts