Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At Wrestlemania 17 Austin turned heel when in the main event with the rock. 10 years later could WWE do the same with John Cena in his match with Miz. John Cena as been getting booed a whole lot more and a heel turn could freshen up the John Cena character.

· Banned
3,816 Posts
vince won't turn him.

they had excellent chance of doing so during the nexus angle, but they blew it.

and rock himself was a big face in 2001, so the heel turn made shockwaves. miz on other hand fpalm

· Registered
19,085 Posts
There's no way to turn Cena heel at WM really unless he lays down for Miz during the match.

Even if Cena attacks the rock or something, the cena fans will cheer and rock fans boo, but cena will still be the good guy

· Registered
23,897 Posts
I would be really shocked if they were to turn Cena but I can't see it happening. I'd like to see them do something shocking at Mania and not have the card just trudge along like it has done in the past few years but wether that shocking thing will be a Cena turn is yet to be seen, I guess.

· Registered
3,643 Posts
I really wouldn't be opposed to a Miz face turn sometime soon. That being said, I doubt they do it in dramatic fashion at WM, and I doubt John Cena is turning heel anytime soon (maybe next years Mania after more babyfaces get established.)

· The Winds of Change
5,629 Posts
I honestly don't think it is outside the realm of possibility that Cena will, if not fully turn that night, will set into motion a heel turn. Cena vs. Miz will go on last, and I fully expect Miz to retain. Following the match, we are finally going to get the culmination of the hottest rivalry going into Mania; the Cena/Rock face off. Putting the two in front of 75,000 people that are going to be voicing their support could really decide the fate of John Cena's character.

I don't see Cena getting the support in this situation, so if I were Vince I would capitalize on it, and have Cena throw the first punch on Rock. Even go as far as Cena taking down Rock for a bit and spitting on him. Closing the show with a Rock Bottom and a People's Elbow on a "heel turned" Cena sounds like a Wrestlemania moment to me.

· Premium Member
485 Posts
If there was a year to repeat the WM17 ending it would have been WM25, with HHH/Orton. As dull a match as that was, Vince could have came out and aligned with Orton to screw over HHH. However, I think they want each WM to be unique, to have something different and "creative" each year. All I expect to see this year to close WM is Rock/Cena showdown.

Also, that angle wouldn't work here. Miz is heel and Cena/Rock are both mixed. Any way they try to spin it would be forced and confusing. I say just have the match proceed as normal and after the dust has settled The Rock comes out to have a showdown with Cena. Its safe - avoids confusion.

· Registered
5,307 Posts
They've been "safe" for way too long. Bottom line is there needs to be some sort of shakeup to keep people tuned in after Mania. And as confusing as it may seem on paper, I would definitely tune into Raw to find out how it unfolds. I'd be down with a heel Cena/Rock and a transitioning face Miz.

· Excellent. The bar is so low we can step over it.
1,155 Posts
Yeah, Cena can't turn heel against The Miz. It wouldn't work. Nothing he could do to The Miz would do anything but get him cheered. That said, in the post-match face-off with The Rock, shit could go down. Cena turns heel by aligning himself with the Anonymous GM, just like Austin/McMahon, except this time there's no chair bullshit; the Anonymous GM offers himself up as a weapon and John Cena pummels The Rock into the ground with a laptop.

· Registered
44 Posts
They won't do it

· Banned
322 Posts
They definitely can, and in my opinion, they should. They're ruining Cena's character in the long run by milking as much money as they can out of his merchandise sales. That's the only reason why Vince McMahon doesn't allow the creative team to turn Cena as his merchandise sales will heavilly drop.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.