Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do you feel could be a main eventer if they had better mic skills? Who has the ability to go far if they improved their talking?

Not speaking of Jomo or people already established who arn't the best at talking but people like D H Smith who ive seen people talking about on a push maybe.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yoshi Tatsu. If he wasn't so asian, and had a bit better mic skills, then he could atleast secure himself a Intercontinental/United States championship reign.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Ted DiBiase. He's a good in-ring performer but his complete lack of charisma kills him.

·
The Man
25,726 Posts
The Gold Standard Benjamin for sure. I think he should be everyones choice. This guy was a beast. He had agility and power to boot.
And someone said Yoshi Tatsu being so asian. Has WWE ever had an asian wrestler that wasnt so asian. Will they ever have one that doesnt have an accent or have asian music or is just karate.

·
Registered
14 Posts
And someone said Yoshi Tatsu being so asian. Has WWE ever had an asian wrestler that wasnt so asian. Will they ever have one that doesnt have an accent or have asian music or is just karate.
I doubt that they will. WWE focuses heavily on stereotypes. :no:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Going back in time I always wondered why Owen Hart never really got that big push in his career. Perhaps the Montreal Screwjob ended up screwing his career because of being Bret's brother and all, but apart from beating Bret at WM X Owen never really seemed to get into that main event spot despite having all the tools in my view.

But I agree with everyone when you talk about Shelton Benjamin, he had all the wrestling ability in the world.

Billy Gunn/Kip James was another guy who had the looks and the ability, but he to me lacked the mic skills as all he could say was "SUCKKK IT!!!" Never known someone have a feud with The Rock and just not get over in the slightest.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Lol are we gonna have an asian WWE/WHC champion?

(Not counting Khali or Batista)
Why don't Khali or Batista count? Because they suck?

To answer OP it's Shelton Benjamin. WWE tried to get him over and he proved he had the in-ring skills to carry the worst of them, yet he could never get over as a face or a heel, probably due to his poor mic skills, as much as it kills me to say.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
its not really about who could go far if they had better mic skills,a superstar will only go as far as vince lets them,regardless of how good they are on the mic.sure good mic workers are liked better by fans but look at orton,he has no mic skills and isnt particularly stand out in the ring but has been a main eventer for over five years,work that out!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts