Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
TONI POR TODO!
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the purpose of making a funny storyline to popularize both women, of course...
I'm a fan of both, the iconic duo is GREAT, but since there's no tag team championship for women in WWE, I think this could be fun.
They're charismatic, feminine and glamorous beauty lovers. They would give lesbians a good air in television.:quite

I know that the last couple of gay wrestlers in WWE was that of Billy Gunn and Chuck Palumbo in 2002 which was kinda trashy, but things have changed since then and Billie Kay and Peyton Royce can make an interesting romantic couple.
IMO it would be like seeing Catwoman and Poison Ivy as lesbians.0:)

And a good final purpose would be getting a new girl in between them...
Then after many matches between Billie, Peyton and that new girl, the iconic duo would be separated going to Raw or Smackdown, and the popularity of them increased.
While that new girl would stay in NXT for a succesful champion run.:avit:

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Lmao, I think it's kinda cheap, but it may even please all sides. LGBT's get representation, dudebros get eye candy, people who deserve it get pushed. It might just work lol.

Reactions: Even Flow

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
I mean it could work if it is done the right way, but 2 things:

1. WWE will never do it, at least not in the PG Era

2. If they do it they will botch it so bad it will actually hurt both women

·
Registered
9,985 Posts

I mean, I'm not going to advocate WWE trying to do gay storylines, because you're right, they would botch it.

But why would a gay relationship be less PG than a straight relationship, which WWE do all the time?

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
I wouldn't mind a lesbian angle with other women but I see Billie and Peyton as best friends. If they do a lesbian angle, it won't really work in the PG era. Closest they've come to trying it is Paige/AJ.

I mean, I'm not going to advocate WWE trying to do gay storylines, because you're right, they would botch it.

But why would a gay relationship be less PG than a straight relationship, which WWE do all the time?
Because gay/lesbian relationships are controversial, and if it's between two women, it's going to be highly sexualized.

·
17,649 Posts

A real gay relationship is just as normal as any straight relationship, a gay relationship, specially a lesbian one, scripted by WWE, would be less PG; old, horny Vince won't be able to help himself

·
Registered
14,377 Posts
A real gay relationship is just as normal as any straight relationship, a gay relationship, specially a lesbian one, scripted by WWE, would be less PG; old, horny Vince won't be able to help himself
I'm not exactly sure how anyone doesn't know this by now. In the social media mob age they would be ripped to shreds.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts

They did a paige/aj Lee lesbian storyline on raw for a while in 2014

They won't do it on NXT because it's too cartoony, main roster I could see it happening for sure

·
Registered
880 Posts
With the purpose of making a funny storyline to popularize both women, of course...
I'm a fan of both, the iconic duo is GREAT, but since there's no tag team championship for women in WWE, I think this could be fun.
They're charismatic, feminine and glamorous beauty lovers. They would give lesbians a good air in television.:quite

I know that the last couple of gay wrestlers in WWE was that of Billy Gunn and Chuck Palumbo in 2002 which was kinda trashy, but things have changed since then and Billie Kay and Peyton Royce can make an interesting romantic couple.
IMO it would be like seeing Catwoman and Poison Ivy as lesbians.0:)

And a good final purpose would be getting a new girl in between them...
Then after many matches between Billie, Peyton and that new girl, the iconic duo would be separated going to Raw or Smackdown, and the popularity of them increased.
While that new girl would stay in NXT for a succesful champion run.:avit:
Sonya Deville is openly lesbian.

·
17,649 Posts
Billie and Peyton walking out of the ring like

Reactions: Chris JeriG.O.A.T

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
It's only controversial if you are have a problem with two people being together.

WWE won't do this because Linda is a Republican and it would hurt her political career to be associated with a company that promotes gay stars.

I think billy and chuck passed becase it was more mocking of gays. I would call Billy and Chuck the gay version of black face. They were not gay and the whole storyline was about them being over the top "fags" whose sexuality was forced on everyone else (how republicans views gays in general)

Reactions: Crasp

·
The Final Kid
3,397 Posts
I don't see why not. WWE as of late has moved towards more "mature" content (Rollins' vibrating briefcase anyone?) and that's still under PG but then again, I don't think they can book a successful storyline that doesn't fall into your stereotypical over the top flamboyant gay stuff.

@Chris JeriG.O.A.T there you have it :mj4

·
When you don't have a match on the show
3,745 Posts
No thank you.

It would be done for laughs and comedy acts = jobbers.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts