Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure I read that HHH has always been strongly in favour of having wargames in the WWE but Vince is against the idea cos it is a "WCW MATCH". My question is now HHH has more sway could it be possible that this match makes a debut in WWE? I know in WCW there was a few horrible wargames matches but there also was some sensational ones, and I believe that most times WWE do gimmick matches they are good to great in WWE, I know there is the odd bad to horrible one but i think this match would be a great addition to the WWE.

I was thinking Survivor Series would be a good PPV to debut it. If HHH team v.s CM Punk team is still set for survivor series, why not have their match in wargames as one main event and the rock, cena survivor match as the other one.

heres my matches, what do you guys think?

HHH,Nash,Waltham & HBK (or a substitute if HBK Won't come out of retirement, don't know who) V.S Punk, Cabana (Daniel Bryan if Cabana not signed by SS) and Kings Of Wrestling in wargames

Cena,Rock,Orton, Air Boom V.S Del Rio,Henry,Christian, Truth And Miz in survivor series match

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
I don't give a fuck! Fucking bring back the WarGames. It's way better than HIAC, especially at this point. The WarGames match is one of the best and innovative structures to ever grace wrestling. I would love for it to come back for the HHH/Punk feud. There damn well better be blood in a WarGames match or just don't bring it back at all.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
I don't see why not. I've never seen a Wargames match but I am familiar with the rules. WWE should test it out.

Oh and FYI, Cabana's not signing with WWE. He's gone for a tour in Pro Wrestling NOAH. He shot down the WWE rumors in his podcast.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
No, that's just a clusterfuck of a match. And Triple H team members above are 50yr average old. Bring in younger guys no some "stars" from yesteryear.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Never say never when it comes to the WWE. I personally think we will see a War Games type of match but it may be given a different name and there may be a different cage/ring set-up than the original NWA/WCW style but at some point WWE will do a tag team elimination styled cage match. It'll most likely come later rather than sooner when people have forgotten all about WCW and the War Games concept so when they do debut it in the WWE it'll look fresh and like one of their own ideas.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
The fact that I love it is because it is so old school. Two men start out inside two cells covering two rings for a good five minutes. Afterwards, intervals of the teams come in every two minutes. After all the members are in, the match goes on until one gives up or is knocked out. A brutal match, especially in the early 90s.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what was the I don't give a fuck! part of your answer for?

I don't give a fuck! Fucking bring back the WarGames. It's way better than HIAC, especially at this point. The WarGames match is one of the best and innovative structures to ever grace wrestling. I would love for it to come back for the HHH/Punk feud. There damn well better be blood in a WarGames match or just don't bring it back at all.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Would love to see it but we would need legitimate teams. It's hard enough for the WWE to keep tag teams let alone stables. Would take a while just to get a credible storyline going.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't know...they should at least increase the profile of the Hell in a Cell and Steel Cage matches before bringing in any new Cage matches. So no thanks as of now, but if HIAC especially gets a "push" in a near future, then sure, go for it.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
As long as they don't try to water it down and make yet another WCW thing look like utter shit, then yeah, I'm all for it.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Honestly, start phasing out the HIAC since they barely mean squat and just go along with the WarGames concept.

I will say this, though. If there's no blood in these matches, don't fucking bring them back. Wargames 2000 already sort of tinted my memories of this match. I don't need WWE WWEing it all up.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think if HHH is in the match, then he wouldn't allow it to be watered down cos I believe he is a big fan of these types of matches and even tough Im not a huge fan of him, he does understand what works and he is as he says is a student of the game. though saying that WWE has ruined the Hell In a cell in the last few years so maybe I am talking rubbish.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
Trips has been wanting it for years so you never know. Then again, he has also wanted the WWE Title changed and it's still here. Maybe Vince will have to actually croak for those things to happen lol.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
I hope so but only for a good reason, I don't want it to become just another gimmick match with its own branded PPV, I want it to a spectacular event that happens maybe twice a decade.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Trips has been wanting it for years so you never know. Then again, he has also wanted the WWE Title changed and it's still here. Maybe Vince will have to actually croak for those things to happen lol.
Trips is an old school guy with an old school mentality that he wants to become modern for the business. If he truly wants the match to come back, I should see no reason for it to come back. He is probably the sole person to convince Vince (see wat i did thar?) to think this match would make sense.

Punk/HHH could totally use this feud with the amount of blood and action it can display. I would wonder who the teams would be though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts