Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The most defining year of the PG era. With The Rock, Austin, Nash, and Booker T returning to WWE programming, Sting being rumored to debut in the WWE (hey they could swerve the 2-21-11 promo similarly to how they did with the woman and the guest host), and HBK being inducted to the hall of fame, could it be the best year since the attitude Era? Not to mention a crop of superstars from the attitude era possibly retiring (Edge, Christian, Undertaker, Jericho, HHH, Henry) could we be looking at the last great year with the batch of superstars my generation have grown up with? The greatest year of this era?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Maybe should make this thread in october or something? nobody's even gonna remember Diesel and Booker returning in a couple months. Diesel will be long gone, Rock will be done with Mania and fade off into the sunset and Booker will probably stop doing commentary in a fuckin month. I could see all this shit happening..

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Maybe should make this thread in october or something? nobody's even gonna remember Diesel and Booker returning in a couple months. Diesel will be long gone, Rock will be done with Mania and fade off into the sunset and Booker will probably stop doing commentary in a fuckin month. I could see all this shit happening..
WAIT...

WHAT?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
dude its february can we atleast wait until november before we get ahead of ourselves

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Why do people constantly call this era as the "PG era"? Sure things changed in 2008, there were a lot of minor tweaks here and there but that doesn't constitute a change of an era. So I don't even believe there's a "PG era" in the first place.

But to answer your question, WWE in 2011 may well be a great year but 2008 was a fantastic year I thought and most of that was during the PG rating so I don't think PG has anything to do without. It's just down the consitant good quality week in and week out. Temporary returns from old legends like Rock and Booker T isn't going to change anything (well it may increase ratings and entertainment for a few weeks) but if the WWE does drastically improve this year it will be down to the current roster, not the older guys.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why do people constantly call this era as the "PG era"? Sure things changed in 2008, there were a lot of minor tweaks here and there but that doesn't constitute a change of an era. So I don't even believe there's a "PG era" in the first place.

But to answer your question, WWE in 2011 may well be a great year but 2008 was a fantastic year I thought and most of that was during the PG rating so I don't think PG has anything to do without. It's just down the consitant good quality week in and week out. Temporary returns from old legends like Rock and Booker T isn't going to change anything (well it may increase ratings and entertainment for a few weeks) but if the WWE does drastically improve this year it will be down to the current roster, not the older guys.
2008 was terrible, HHH was WWE champion, Jeff Hardy was champ, Kozlov was main eventing ppv's, Cena was injured (even though I hate him) and I'm pretty sure Edge was injured too. not to mention how the storylines sucked sucked ass. The only good part of the year was the HBK vs. Jericho feud.

·
Banned
4,201 Posts

Because WWE programming is now all classed as a PG rating and has been since 2008...

Why else would it be called the PG era? :confused:

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
Because WWE programming is now all classed as a PG rating and has been since 2008...

Why else would it be called the PG era? :confused:
um because wwe was pg long before 2008.... :confused:

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
The most defining year of the PG era. With The Rock, Austin, Nash, and Booker T returning to WWE programming, Sting being rumored to debut in the WWE (hey they could swerve the 2-21-11 promo similarly to how they did with the woman and the guest host), and HBK being inducted to the hall of fame, could it be the best year since the attitude Era? Not to mention a crop of superstars from the attitude era possibly retiring (Edge, Christian, Undertaker, Jericho, HHH, Henry) could we be looking at the last great year with the batch of superstars my generation have grown up with? The greatest year of this era?
Defning? Those guys you listed are from a different era. It only refines how awespome those times were because Vince has to resort to hiring these guys for the worst WM buildup since 23 or 24

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
2008 was terrible, HHH was WWE champion, Jeff Hardy was champ, Kozlov was main eventing ppv's, Cena was injured (even though I hate him) and I'm pretty sure Edge was injured too. not to mention how the storylines sucked sucked ass. The only good part of the year was the HBK vs. Jericho feud.
Jeff Hardy was Champion yes but he was extremelly over and put on a great small feud with Triple H. Kozlov main evented one PPV, big deal and Edge wasn't injured. I'm not sure if you remember but he feuded with Taker for nearly the entire year, another great feud on Smackdown with Jericho/Michaels on RAW. 2008 was a great year.

Why else would it be called the PG era?
So? It's a PG rating, that doesn't make it a different era. You obviously missed my point entirely. 2005 onwards was the star of a different era because it signified a new shift of superstars like Cena, Batista, Orton and Edge. 2008 just had a rating change and a few minor tweaks which involved no chair shots to the head, swearing and blood. That doesn't make it a different era.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts