Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Laurinaitis said it was the beginning of a new era. He said Lesnar was the new face of the WWE. Nothing about Lesnar is PG and even though back in the day, his brawl with Cena wasn't anything special, it's basically unheard of in the PG era. The kiddies were prob like "wtf, superman can bleed!?"

I actually think they might go back sometime in the not too distant future.

·
Banned
92 Posts
Nope. I don't think this will happen at least for the next 10 years.

·
Banned
679 Posts
It's 15+ in australia

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I'm pretty sure these threads always get deleted.

I don't think they are moving back soon but things are stepping up in edge lately.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
It's still PG in America, and that likely won't change anytime soon. And SD has been PG since 2001, so I don't think it's ever going to change.

·
Banned
679 Posts
Coming from a guy with a pokemon name and cartoon in their sig, you probably want it to stay PG. Go to bed, it's late.
Don't ever diss Pokemon you nerd

·
Banned
679 Posts
People still stuck in the AE era. WWE will always be PG from now on. Deal with it.
If you think wwe will always be pg then you're obviously stupid, they went pg to build a new audience and once that audience get's older they will change to tv 14 to keep there interest up, there's a reason why the ratings have dropped off, because alot of the children are now teenagers

·
Registered
6 Posts
It won't be any time too soon but maybe 2014 or 15. sounds optimistic of me but I do think that now that CM punk is pretty much the new face of WWE, and I am sure the Mcmahons are picking up on how us fans are feeling about it, that things will for sure get much edgier. I mean look how all of a sudden Cena is not where he was a year ago(with a belt) , they are figuring out that we are sick of this goody too shoes Cena shit. CM punk is probably the edgiest guy the wwe has, might not be saying much but Punk is a great guy to watch and listen to. He is gonna be the first step in many to change things, and lesner is another peace of that puzzle. I will tell you one thing though, if you asked me 2 years ago who I would want to see back between Rock & Brock I would've said Rock, But DAMN! my opinion has changed alot in 2 years.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
If you think wwe will always be pg then you're obviously stupid, they went pg to build a new audience and once that audience get's older they will change to tv 14 to keep there interest up, there's a reason why the ratings have dropped off, because alot of the children are now teenagers
Yet another idiot who thinks PG automatically means only younger viewers. People dont realize that USA can get away with so much shit with just a PG rating. They only really worry about nudity.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Coming from a guy with a pokemon name and cartoon in their sig, you probably want it to stay PG. Go to bed, it's late.
Offended by a simple answer? Perhaps you should take your own advice, and yes I positively love the PG Era and the guest hosts are the only reason I watch WWE nowadays.

Congratulations on noticing the sig and username, I guess I should of gone for something more creative and sensible like Mr Eagles. As for the sig, sorry if you were expecting to see a semi-dressed woman posing in a suggestive manner, but I much prefer what I have thank you, which like wrestling I've grown up with and still enjoy...

·
Starving for poutine
7,260 Posts
It's still PG in America, and that likely won't change anytime soon. And SD has been PG since 2001, so I don't think it's ever going to change.
Yeah but when Raw had a TV-14 rating, Smackdown's content was adjusted to Raw's content even if the show was rated PG. It's just that WWE's current mentality is even more childish than what the PG rating allows. The shows can still be rated PG and provide awesome action and storytelling at the same time.

WWE needs to grow up, just like its audience.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Does it really matter if it's TV-14? It's just a rating. It's not going to change the product.
We tell them this, but they never listen

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Yeah but when Raw had a TV-14 rating, Smackdown's content was adjusted to Raw's content even if the show was rated PG. It's just that WWE's current mentality is even more childish than what the PG rating allows. The shows can still be rated PG and provide awesome action and storytelling at the same time.

WWE needs to grow up, just like its audience.
Oh please when WWE was actually childish when they turned PG in 08 was in 09. This year was actually pushing the PG enevlope to its limit.

And don't act like WWE never did childish segemnts before. In 07, they had a cartoon segment where Hornswoggle was able to go through this hole in the wall while Carlito couldn't.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.