Wrestling Forum banner

Could the Streak be broken?

1284 Views 21 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  deseze
The way they're bringing up this match this could be a way of retiring The Undertaker. Idk if The Game is the right guy to do it, but like last year with HBK you could tell he was retiring.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Banned
4,476 Posts
Umm, I'm going to go with "no".

· Premium Member
46,384 Posts
If anybody is going to break it, its going to be Cena.

However, I don't think it will end. I think they should keep the idea open in case they come across a guy they can give that star making win too (I maintain it would mean more than winning a World Title at Mania), but I think Taker's going to retire with it.

· Banned
311 Posts
The streak can definitely be broken, but Triple H won't do it. The person (if someone ever breaks it) will be a new and rising star. WWE will obviously have a lot of faith in him if they let him destroy the streak. Many fans don't realize that the streak is actually a big factor that lures many fans into buying Wrestlemania every year. Without it, buy rates would undoubtedly go down, so again, WWE will only let a very talented and upcoming star end it.

· Registered
10 Posts
i think that HHH will win, only because if the streak is to be broken, who else are they gonna have beat him? you really thing the WWE is going to have MIZ beat him? please, HHH is the only one around, besides Edge and MAYBE Cena, who will end takers streak.

· Registered
1,188 Posts
The streak can definitely be broken, but Triple H won't do it. The person (if someone ever breaks it) will be a new and rising star. WWE will obviously have a lot of faith in him if they let him destroy the streak. Many fans don't realize that the streak is actually a big factor that lures many fans into buying Wrestlemania every year. Without it, buy rates would undoubtedly go down, so again, WWE will only let a very talented and upcoming star end it.
My thoughts exactly.

Having an already established star like HHH or Cena end the streak wouldn't do near as much as it would for an up-and-comer. Mark Calaway has always believed in investing in future generations by putting younger talents over, and having a younger star end the streak would get them instant/permanent main-event credibility (ie. Chris Jericho winning the first ever Undisputed Championship).

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
If a young star ends the Streak, it has to be Barrett or Punk, because whoever ends the Streak, in my opinion, will never be able to be a face again. I honestly don't think people will accept them, the Streak is like the holy grail of wrestling. If it's broken, people are probably gonna be pissed at that person for the rest of their career, so it needs to be somebody who can be a villain for an entire career duration and I don't think Miz, Del Rio, Sheamus, etc can do that.

· Registered
865 Posts
I don't think WWE is silly enough to throw away a free, ready-made, just add other wrestler, big match at WM every year until the year that Taker retires for the sake of adding to HHH's already large list of accomplishments. It shouldn't be any one big that does it, if it must end. Edge will be remembered for E&C and MiTB and being Rated-R, Cena will be remembered for being a rapper and his polarizing effect on the crowd, HHH will be remembered for DX, Evolution and being one of the best heels ever and the remaining really shouldn't, Orton would be remembered as the viper/Legend Killer and being Cena's arch enemy. This doensn't even include their massive number of championship reigns. It shud be someone fresh and rising that's just on the cusp of being main event.

Why drown the importance of the streak in with all that? Let's face it, by year's end no one would remember that when they think of HHH, not unless someone asks who ended the streak, then someone thinks back to that moment. Besides, isn't HHH retiring soon. Yeah, end the streak and go home so the streak is never mentioned again.

· Registered
1,188 Posts
If a young star ends the Streak, it has to be Barrett or Punk, because whoever ends the Streak, in my opinion, will never be able to be a face again. I honestly don't think people will accept them, the Streak is like the holy grail of wrestling. If it's broken, people are probably gonna be pissed at that person for the rest of their career, so it needs to be somebody who can be a villain for an entire career duration and I don't think Miz, Del Rio, Sheamus, etc can do that.
For the most part this.

I don't think CM Punk would be the right person to give the streak to though, being that he's already an established main-eventer and a respected athlete who came through the indies (meaning he could get over as a face, imo). I agree with Barrett though (even though I can't stand him, he's got potential to be a top heel) I also think people like Dolph Ziggler and (a reestablished) Jack Swagger have a big future, but couldn't get over as a face. I would say Miz too, but it looks like Cena might already be putting him over anyways.

· The One Who Knocks
5,640 Posts
Triple H is certainly qualified to do so, but he's the last active wrestler on the planet that should break The Streak. He has absolutely nothing to gain whatsoever. Hell he's probably going to retire before Taker does.

The only guy at the moment who could or should break The Streak is Cena.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.