Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Survivor Series I think the Cena and Nexus could have been booked better. I think it would of made better TV if Cena had turned heel allowed Barrett to win at SS. The next night on Raw Orton should invoke his rematch clause beat Barrett for the title. Then have the Miz cash in and win.

Cena would now have some heat and make it more entertaining. Cena then could of still feuded with the Nexus but bring in other faces such as R-Truth even an angle with Roddy Piper after the promo he gave on old school raw.

What ideas have you got?

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Nexus doesn't feel like the over powering force thats taking over The WWE anymore. At some point they started listening to the WWE officials instead of beating them up.

·
Registered
621 Posts
They could have chose better wrestlers to fill in the story. I mean Nexus ... most of the guys on that stable scream 'I am a jobber' ! The booking was good, not perfect , but good enough to put a talentless piece of shit like Barrett quite over!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Had Nexus continued to be booked as a serious force everyone struggled against, things could have been awesome. Would have been great if they'd used some more experienced wrestlers so that it would have held up better in the ring. But just imagine Cena begging Batista out of retirement (who he forced to retire shortly before Nexus emerged) to help him fight these bastards off.

Since Survivor Series? Better booking would have been just leaving Cena off TV after that phenomenal farewell promo. He does actually go home. They should go on to do other things, maybe even align with Miz who they seldom had issues with post-NXT. Perhaps it's Orton, Killings or Lawler who struggles to find a way to bring Cena back against the tide of this stable. You know, have actual storytelling that supports an angle rather than killing it the same night it happens.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very good storyline imo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I thought the booking was ok (not great).

The whole 'fired' angle was pretty dumb, as he's been back every week and furthermore is gonna get rehired this Monday!

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
It started off great. But since then my interest has fluctuated. At times it has been good and other times it felt like a drag. At this stage I hope they don't do the blowoff at Mania because another 4 months of this seems tiresome to me right now. But the only way I see that happening is if Cena faces Taker, or Orton actually. But otherwise they will need to get really creative to hold my interest.

·
Premium Member
18,211 Posts
Of course it could have been better

Make no mistake the storyline started off as one of the best and Interesting WWE have done in ages but then they just started to mess it up. Why Cena was brought back a week after being fired is beyond me. They should of kept him off screen for a few months at least. Bring him back around RR or EC to end the few with Barrett and Nexus.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
honeslty, it has to be the shortest "fired" angle ever

in paper this feud was cool, but the excecution was awful, specially the timing, even the attempt to re-make the Mr. america gimmmick

-They should have kept cena OFF tv at least for a week or two so his little speech's effect could have lasted a bit
-Cena has been burying nexus as a "dominant force" all the way, when nexus first took over they brutalized him with ease, but now its a joke
-Again they went trough the superman road, ever since cena no-sold that DDT in the concrete floor at summerlsam and buried nexus, it was clear that he would bury them again
-And again too, this is another storyline where cena beats the odds and takes out an entire group of baddies

quite frankly, if you've seen one cena storyline, you've seen them all, the fired angle was just a lame attempt at trying to boost the sales for his newest dvd, they blew it horribly, it didnt even last a month and he's getting re-hired already

edit: i'm wrong, the shortest "fired" angle was with the miz, the guy got his job back the next week after a highly hyped main event where miz would get fired

am i the only one who notices that every guy cena faces and defeats ends up buried and has to wander jobberland or some obscurity? i mean, look at the big show, cena buried him for 3 ppvs and he was hitting rock bottom, once they paired him with jericho the guy improved and became more popular, miz got buried too and he didnt truly raise until he was paired with the big show, from there he went to NXT and raised to become champion now

Cena=bad for putting talent over

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
before Surviviour Series, yeah Cena no selling a concrete bump

afterwards though, who cares anymore?

·
Registered
127 Posts
What really could have better is the rest of the storylines in the WWE the whole time. If it wasn't essentially just a three week deal with Bryan/Miz and Del Rio/Mysterio and the crappy Edge/Kane stuff, this storyline wouldn't be as scrutinized.

·
Premium Member
10,198 Posts
Bragging Rights started the death of it. They ended that title match horrifically and started to lose steam. It was booked excellently up until then. Barrett could have (probably should have) won it at Survivor Series, but again they backed away and ended with another strangely anticlimactic finish, without even teasing a Cena screwjob. And just to finish the job, they haven't even executed the firing angle with any conviction whatsoever. He's appeared on both Raws since, making the whole storyline irrelevant.

I personally think drawing it out across a number of weeks, Cena appearing in the crowd a couple of times, beating up a member of Nexus every other week would've worked better in the long run. You could have Vince return during the Rumble, state the Raw GM is fired, and re-instate Cena, who screws Barrett out of the Rumble match. Barrett finally wins the gold in the Elimination Chamber and faces Cena at WrestleMania to finish it. A huge storyline but a huge final payoff.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I guess we at The IWC are just never pleased, i don't know if it could have been booked better because we have seen John Cena at probably the most over he has been in years since Survivor Series and has a lot more edge to his character as well. A lot of the segments between John Cena and The Nexus since Survivor Series in which John Cena has been attacking them from all angles reminded me of the way Stone Cold Steve Austin used to attack the people he was feuding with back in the day.

One thing i am glad about is WWE dropping the whole Juan Cena thing because that really would have been hard to watch and would have destroyed John Cena's character, think Hulk Hogan with Mr America in 2003 and you see how Juan Cena would have been. I quite like the way WWE have had John Cena get into the arena and do what he is doing and i fully expect to see John Cena and The Nexus go through The Royal Rumble which i expect John Cena to win and maybe even through until WrestleMania 27.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
In some way I get what you mean in the Stone Cold style attacks but Stone Cold pulled it off. Cena always seem too comical and scripted. They should of shown Cena go off the edge and destroy each member of the Nexus in a pure brutal fashion to give his character the much needed harder edge, but that damn PG rating gets in the way. Its not the attitude era anymore.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts