Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
255 Posts
I can't see the fans shouting that. Plus it seems pretty heel-ish to me.

· Premium Member
721 Posts
The Miz is being over pushed just to gain heat as a heel. I doubt he would get a strong reaction as a face unless he became some kind of comedic relief character like Santino. Austins "What?" has lasted over a decade and the crowd still use it. The thought of The Miz's saying of "really" becoming the new "what" is a complete fail.

But then again anything can happen, there's so many idiots out there. Nothing surprises me these days. Maybe the "Skull Crushing Finale" will become the new "Tombstone"

· Registered
581 Posts
I like your thinking OP, I hadn't thought of this at all. In a few years time it could have proved to be a pretty good shout.

I do find it hard to picture, but it will be interesting to see if a face Miz tries to go down this route.

· Premium Member
39,025 Posts
The Miz is being over pushed just to gain heat as a heel. I doubt he would get a strong reaction as a face unless he became some kind of comedic relief character like Santino.
Why? Fans used to chant Die Rocky Die when ever he spoke/wrestled and he went on to top 3 wrestling faces in history.

· Registered
2,737 Posts
Whenever miz turns face which is bound to happen because vince is very high on him.

Really could become the new what, all he has to do is shout it at some heels interrupting promos and the crowd would go along with it. So could i'm awesome.

Miz is being tailored into the next main event #1 babyface. He's got the clean cut look, marketable, loves the business, will do anything for wwe, and is just passable enough in the ring.

· Premium Member
39,025 Posts
Miz is being tailored into the next main event #1 babyface. He's got the clean cut look, marketable, loves the business, will do anything for wwe, and is just passable enough in the ring.
Agreed. Before long I would say Cena will be the top baby face on one show and Miz will be the top baby face on the other. Anyone that really develops a strong heel personality has a strong chance of being a very over face. Everyone forgets that WWE fans have no memories. All they do is go from insulting the fans and faces to insulting the heels.

· Registered
39,577 Posts
No. No body in the current WWE, Miz included, has a tenth the popularity of Austin.

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,225 Posts
I can just imagine how annoying it will be if miz turns into a mega face.
I don't think it will, think back the Raw Ozzy Osbourne guest hosted when Miz and Sharon went back and forth with the 'Reallys' it was fingernails-down-a-blackboard. Granted, Sharon Osbourne is fingernails-down-a-blackboard no matter what she does but it stil suggests that the catchphrase will never get over as a face one.

· Registered
20,969 Posts
I can't see the fans shouting that. Plus it seems pretty heel-ish to me.

"What" is pretty heelish as well and was first used during Austin's heel run.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.