Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,there have been rumors mainly on the internet about Heyman joining TNA wrestling.True or false is something i won't ask about,because i don't know what is and i suppose neither do you.My question to you is this.Lets say that Heyman is indeed linked to TNA wrestling,do you think he could change their product so much that TNA can challenge the WWE?Could Paul Heyman be worth the millions he's asking for or is he just his biggest fan?

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
I'm not attacking you but I feel like people are wrong when they say TNA needs to be "turned around".

I've only been watching for about a year but this is the best that it's ever been. I enjoy it and I'm pretty happy with what we're getting as of late.

There is no doubt that Heyman would help the company. He's a smart guy who knows what he's doing.

Thing is, for the money, what can Heyman really do? They have a good roster, improving product, and they're pulling about a 1.2 a week.

I don't think he can do anything that would warrant the money they'd be spending.

How about they use that money towards advertising, that's what they really need.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Im sure he would improve the booking aspect of it and things would start to make a little bit more sense, but as far as taking a share of the WWE audience, I doubt it.

Heyman actually taks a little bit about TNA here
http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/149813/[VIDEO]-Paul-Heyman-Discusses-TNA,-Older-Wrestlers,-More.htm

I like the some of the ideas he has but im not sure that it would result in a massive progression in TNA. At best the storylines would be better.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Nothing Heyman can do will help TNA. TNA has a great roster right now and some interesting storylines going on. All they need to do is cut down on PPVs and use the money they save to do more advertising and leave the Impact Zone. Nothing Heyman can do is gonna boost ratings or make any company growth possible. He's an overrated con man glued to Brock Lesnar and Dana Whites cocks.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I'm sure Heyman would do a better job than Hogan and Bischoff. Yes, a few of his ideas are a bit extreme (such as the 40+ guys getting fired or not getting pushed), but that would be a better idea than right now where you have a bunch of 40+ year olds fighting a stable lead by a 61 year old as well as a 50+ guy being around praising TNA with bullshit.

The only problem here is that he needs full control and Dixie doesn't want to do that because of her protection of certain employees, but a few TNA talent have already expressed that they want Heyman in the company. Anyone would be better than Hogan, Bischoff and Russo, but Dixie wants to keep them in regardless of how awful they are. If they stay, expect more old people, rehashed storylines, WWE rejects, Impact Zone events and much more. Even the No Surrender main events are all being headed up by former WWE guys. What the fuck is with that shit? Fucking Russo.

Anyway, that's my take for today, in before lock.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I dont think they need to be turned around. I think that they are close to hitting their stride with their storylines. Hogan/Jarrett acting like faces while their heels and Sting and Nash doing the opposite is actually very interesting to me.

·
Registered
932 Posts
these kinds of threads mean that when any actual relevant Heyman news stories come about they get closed immediately.

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
I don't know if he can turn that company around, but he would at least given that company some direction.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yes, as a promoter, booker, and creative writer but as the replacement for Biscoff as the top guy, hell no. Anyone who say he should replace Biscoff is nuts. Heyman record speaks for itself, he is a great innovator of wrestling but bad at finances and handling people outside of wrestling ie in this case Spike TV executive.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I don't think Bischoff would stay around if Heyman came in. He'd probably go if Hogan got shown the door. If anything, Bischoff is stuck in the 90's right now. Heyman on the other hand would rather do something else rather than revive ECW countless times. As long as you have someone handling the finances, things will be fine.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
TNA and TNA fans- Heyman is just not that in to you.

But yeah, if by chance something legit does happen between Heyman and the company, I have no problem leaving it open.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.