Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 94, there were 2 winners of the rumble - Bret Hart and Lex Luger.

What better time to bring that tool out of the box than this year where you could have 2 winners - Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns.

Then at WM, you could send Brock off in a triple threat against Dean and Roman. And if Brock is leaving the WWE, I'm sure Vince would be down for having those 2 dismantle Brock.

And during the beatdown, Seth could even come out to the ring. In some alliance with Heyman/Brock, only to end up curb stomping Brock out of the WWE forever. Heck he can even help Dean pick up Brock for Roman to Power Bomb. They can all put their fists together. The Shield reunites to eliminate Brock. One last hurrah.

And as soon as Brock is finished, Seth and the loser (probably Dean cause he loses to everyone these days) turn on the winner (probably Roman) and Seth cashes in and the welcome (probably Dean) into the Authority and somehow reward him for helping Seth gain the title.

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
I don't we'll have another double rumble winners situation. In 2005, with Cena and Batista they restarted the match, it was a botch sure, but they could proclaim both men the winner, since they were going after the championships anyway.

There's other ways to add a third guy at Wrestlemania. Plus we already having a triple threat at the Rumble. And we already had a triple threat main event last year. Two many triple threats man.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Whats the point if the mainevent isnt a shield triple threat? If Rollins wins the title at the rumble then id love to see it. Then maybe do Bryan/Lesnar as the co mainevent.

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
Please no fucked up ending to the Royal Rumble just to make fans happy. Just have a clear winner of the Royal Rumble and no fuckery heading on the road to wrestlemania.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whats the point if the mainevent isnt a shield triple threat? If Rollins wins the title at the rumble then id love to see it. Then maybe do Bryan/Lesnar as the co mainevent.
Maybe because no one else can beat Brock and Dean and Roman are the last 2 guys in the RR and they agree to step out together so they can jointly take out Lesnar.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
Last year was basically a mix of 1994 and 2004.

Daniel Bryan having 2 matches at Wrestlemania (the opening match and main event for the title - Bret Hart at WM X)

The main event was a Triple Threat match for the title (Benoit vs. Michaels vs. Triple H - WM XX)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I'd be cool with that. That way they could have Bryan and Reigns win and Bryan fight Rollins earlier in the night. Reigns could get the title at Summerslam and possibly be screwed somehow against Lesnar, By Rollins possibly?

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Maybe because no one else can beat Brock and Dean and Roman are the last 2 guys in the RR and they agree to step out together so they can jointly take out Lesnar.
Why cant anyone beat lesnar? Would be a waste doing it that way. One guy needs the rub of beating lesnar clean or giving him the streak will of been a huge waste.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
lol, have two winners and neither of them be Bryan? That would piss people off silly.

·
The Man
15,344 Posts
Having Brock finally lose to a three-man beatdown would be lame and not help anyone.

That said I could see two people winning the Rumble, maybe Bryan and Reigns. Then Bryan loses to Lesnar in the opening match at Mania only for Reigns to get his shot at the beast in the main event.

...only Reigns loses too leading to Cena coming out and beating Lesnar afterwards in a minute. :cena3

·
Banned
3,278 Posts
Save it for next year, have Daniel Bryan win the 2015 Royal Rumble, then you can the Co-Winner Ambrose/Reigns Rumble another year, where they face Rollins for the Title in the Shield Triple Threat.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I like the idea of the triple powerbomb.

Having guys team up to take out someone legitimately on their way out wouldn't really help anyone though. It puts Brock over as even more of a beast that the biggest in WWE have to team up to get rid of him and there isn't really a payoff involving him. I can see it being fine if Brock was taking time off to sell, but if he's legitimately leaving, giving the rub of someone defeating him clean would be what they need.

In terms of 1994, there are a lot of similarities; Two wrestlers WWE see as potential top stars, both being pushed heavily but succeeding on varying levels - Bryan as Bret, one of the top workers on the company earning his way to the top and the fans responding, and Reigns as Luger, someone the fans aren't getting behind the way they want, as well as both being faces, both potential winners, both really handsome.

I don't think it would work.

In my head, the best formula for me would be to turn Reigns heel and align him with Heyman once Brock leaves. Have Reigns be a huge cog in a new Dangerous Alliance, give him time to develop further under guidance without the pressure of the spotlight. A turn in nature worked for The Rock who was actually worse than Roman in his rookie year. Seems to be taking longer for Reigns, but with Daniel Bryan back there isn't a huge rush to make the next BIG babyface.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why cant anyone beat lesnar? Would be a waste doing it that way. One guy needs the rub of beating lesnar clean or giving him the streak will of been a huge waste.
I get what you're saying. But having one guy beat Brock on his way out is also predictable. And that match at WM could get crapped on without Bryan in it.

Just trying to think of some logical alternatives.

Also, letting Brock go out as an unbeatable beast really keeps the door open for a future return.

Is there a scenario that you can see happening at WM that isn't predictable based on the outcome of the RR?

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
Bryan/Reigns-Luger/Bret Rumble Finish?

Since the dirtsheets can't seem to make their minds up, do you guys think we'll perhaps get a Luger/Bret style finish? Both guys eliminate each other and both win the Rumble? Then either of 2 things happen:

1) We get a 3 way at Mania

or

2) We get one match earlier in the evening, then the other match as the main event a la WM 10.

Thoughts? Opinions?

·
Registered
8,361 Posts
Re: Bryan/Reigns-Luger/Bret Rumble Finish?

Only way i'd like this ending is if Rollins walked out champ and it was Reigns and Ambrose at the death.

·
Registered
8,361 Posts
Re: Bryan/Reigns-Luger/Bret Rumble Finish?

I hope not, but I could see it. Reigns should really just be eliminated by Rusev and go from there.
no word of a lie, I'd genuinely be hyped for Reigns vs Rusev. Reigns wins the US title at WM, do it, it's good.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts