Wrestling Forum banner

Could Chris Masters Be A Future Main Eventer?

1842 20
Chris Masters as we know got somewhat of a push a few years back, then I dont know what happend but he completely went off the radar. I thought he was done, and that he'll just be a jobber on Superstars. But then I see that Chris is only 28! I believe that Chris definately has the "look" of a main eventer and he has been improving tremendously in the ring.

What do you guys think?

DISCUSS
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
I think right now he could be a solid midcard talent, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was given an IC title run. As far as the main event goes I don't think he could go that far anymore. Maybe if he had stuck around during his initial push and not gotten released there could have been a chance. He was pretty over during the Masterlock challenges until Lashley totally buried him, and bam that was the end of that gimmick.

· ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,325 Posts
He can make it as a mid carder, but he can't make it as a Main Eventer. I just believe that he doesn't have the tools anymore to get him to the top. He doesn't have a good gimmick anymore and isn't a very good wrestler. But back in 06' before Lashley buried him he could've easily made it to the top.

· Registered
2,515 Posts
If he continues to improve the way he has been, yes. But for now (and the next 2-3 years, he is good at being a mid-carder with maybe being thrown into the Elimination Chamber or other big multi-man matches like that.

· Registered
5,034 Posts
As a face, I doubt he can get anywhere, but as a heel, he could be a big midcard player, main even main event. Unfortunately for him, there are better main event heels right now and will be in the future like Sheamus, CM Punk, Wade Barrett, Alberto Del Rio, The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, so I doubt that Chris Masters will ever be a main eventer :( I like the guy though, he's good :)

· Registered
815 Posts
Try him on the upper-mid-card first, eh?

· Registered
4,724 Posts
When he actually had a character (ie: awesome entrance with pose and fireworks, masterlock challenge, etc.) DEFINITELY. In 2011, nope.

· Registered
4,114 Posts
He has improved A LOT in the ring. I thought he was going to get a significant push when he was re-signed. Now he's directionless, can't seem to get very far as a face and the company's priorities are with other young wrestlers.

· Registered
332 Posts
I can only ideally see him as a midcarder. He's a jobber right now so if he does well as a midcarder, it could happen but, i dont see it happening

· Banned
266 Posts
He can make it as a mid carder, but he can't make it as a Main Eventer. I just believe that he doesn't have the tools anymore to get him to the top. He doesn't have a good gimmick anymore and isn't a very good wrestler. But back in 06' before Lashley buried him he could've easily made it to the top.
Cena,Miz,LoLer,Sheamus,Orton

Conserning the wrestling skills he surpasses them all if you haven't seen his matches in the last couple of months.I know that's not a very hard thing to do but anyway.

· Registered
868 Posts
There's always a chance for everyone.
Except Christian!

Oh yeah I beat the 50 bajillion other people on this site who were gunna say that, I am The Man

· Registered
25 Posts
If you asked me this a few years ago I would have said no but over the last year the guy has improved A LOT. If the WWE wants to move him up, he could be a main event level talent in the future.

I'm afraid they don't have a lot of interest in this though. He seems to be on a charlie Haas or Val Venis track right now which sucks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.