• Unsure

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just thinking back to the reaction Brock got when he returned, as well as the huge increase in buyrate Summerslam and Extreme Rules experienced, people clearly want to see Brock Lesnar. Outside of the Rock he is probably the best known outside of the WWE and has the rarest connection to the audience I have ever seen, in that people genuinely feel he could beat the shit out of you.

So if people are tuning in to see him, why is he a heel? and not just a heel, but one who is probably going to job to Hunter at wrestlemania, who attacks a man in his 60's etc. Surely the best way to book Brock Lesnar is to have him as the guy who just doesn't give a shit, and does what suits Brock Lesnar? Vince Mcmahon once went on TV and said that the audience was tired of having its intelligence insulted and the idea of simple good guys vs bad guys was outdated, yet here Brock is, Mr Heel number 87639474659402

So anyway, would the audience react to a tweener Lesnar?

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
No, he's the definition of a heel. A massive powerhouse that'll do what he wants, when he wants

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
He's a monster, an ass-kicker, he destroys everything that stand in his way, so no he is a natural heel at the moment :D

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Brock Lesnar could work as anything. Face, heel, tweener it doesn't matter because he's over as hell.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Reactions: BreakTheWallsDown.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But then surely Stone Cold back in the day was 'the definition of a heel'? I mean he used to throw beer on people, beat the crap out of anyone and everyone and was rude and didn't look anything like preceeding faces. Also see The Rock, some cocky college kid, who just buries everyone good guy or bad, how many times have we seen that gimmick run as a heel?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One of the best examples of a succesful tweener is Punk around MITB 2011

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
"I'm not a wrestler, I'm an asskicker. I beat people up and I do what I want. Oh wait, you called the crowd fat and you're getting booed? In that case, you're fine, I won't beat you up."

Yes, he should be a tweener. if you're in his way, you get your ass kicked, whether you call the crowd fat or you kiss babies and make jokes about cookiepuss.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
He basically is one already. Just make him a badass and there you go. What could make it difficult is that Heyman would still be needed as his manager, and he doesn't have any face/tweener qualities about him.
A tweener is not a face, and I believe that Lesnar could be a great tweener.
A tweener is someone who is booked one way but his/her reactions are the other. So a heel can be a heel or a face. It just so happens that tweeners that start off as faces are viewed as failures.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts