Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
My point was that AEW, even if it posed a viable threat to the WWE, isn’t going to directly or indirectly improve the WWE product. The WWE’s creative problems are from within. And now I don’t think that will change until Vince calls it a day.

·
Registered
917 Posts
It’s made me watch wrestling again weekly so I’m happy. I don’t think anything can fix WWE other than it going back to being a private company without stockholders to answer to. They are the main reason that WWE has such bad programming.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Well, WWE has felt threatened enough to change the hard cam to be like AEW, who only changed their hard cam to be like CMLL and their lighting to be like NJPW because of the coronavirus. Make of that what you will.

From a viewers perspective, AEW is WWE to me; a TV-14 version of it. I would be ok with that, if they would suspend my disbelief that it’s WWE. That’s why I push so hard for them to make their presentation look different from WWE. I don’t want to be watching WWE, even if that’s exactly what it is.

·
Registered
8,928 Posts
Well, WWE has felt threatened enough to change the hard cam to be like AEW, who only changed their hard cam to be like CMLL and their lighting to be like NJPW because of the coronavirus. Make of that what you will.

From a viewers perspective, AEW is WWE to me; a TV-14 version of it. I would be ok with that, if they would suspend my disbelief that it’s WWE. That’s why I push so hard for them to make their presentation look different from WWE. I don’t want to be watching WWE, even if that’s exactly what it is.

Aew is not trying hard enough to be different. This is exactly what eric bishoff realized he had to do. He cant beat them he has to just be different and than he ended up beating them.

Even its production should be trying harder to he more creative. That doenst mean soend more money at all. Even the nitro set was so impactful and not over the top.

Aew look seems like iust a nicer version of a tna set and simialr to wwe

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
HHH will never takeover because he is not a McMahon but neither will Shane because dude is clueless.

Stephanie will take over after Vince.

Your comment makes no sense. HHH didn't push Ricochet as top guy in NXT (where his main competition was Gargano, Ciampa and Black). He was upper mid so zero chance HHH would push Ricochet above Rollins, Reigns, Brock, Orton on a far more stacked main roster etc.

HHH after all is the guy that handpicked Reigns to be in Shield and his megapush. Wrestlemania 31 HHH convinced Vince to go with Reigns because Vince wanted Rock Rumors Of Vince McMahon & Triple H Being At Odds Over WWE Creative & WrestleMania 31 | PWMania
HHH is a McMahon by law, he's as entrenched in the family as any blood relative is at this point. That he isn't biologically related to Vince or the others is beyond silly as a reason why he wouldn't be running things

And no way I'm buying that Vince had to be convinced of Reigns' push. Vince saw the next FOTC from the first time he probably laid eyes on Reigns.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,010 Posts
I’m honestly not interested in that anymore. WWE has gotten worse since AEW launched. They moved to FOX and SD has become the worst show it has ever been in its history. It doesn’t matter what AEW does because nothing will change until Vince steps down. Even if AEW became like WCW in its level of competition, I doubt that would cause WWE to change their ways at this point. This is how WWE will be until Vince is gone.

·
Banned
374 Posts
Jericho's apparently getting better pay there than with WWE, alot of people might be motivated to join for better deals. I dont know if theyll do what Bischoff did and call everyone to ask to sign contracts. But right now AEW feels like a pool of bitter ex wwe upper midcard talent But maybe guys like Reigns and Rollins will end up there? 😄 I dont see that happening but I can't rule that out.
Yeah Chris Jericho's getting the most money hes gotten in AEW but Jericho isn't John Cena though. AEW can't pay John Cena, Randy Orton, and Brock Lesnar or even CM Punk the type of money that they'll be asking for. Only WWE can pay them the type of money they want because its a money making machine. AEW doesn't have enough money to pay those guys because those guys will cost a fortune.

They've already spent half ($50 million) of their $100 million budget just to compeete and "beat" a devolopmental brand.

AEW only appeals to smarks not casuals and thats going to hurt them in the end, heck we're already seeing it with stagnant viewership that will only decline in the future and their attendance was declining as well before the COVID 19.

AEW will never become competition to WWE so if you enjoy AEW then just enjoy it. Plus AEW has already made WCW mistakes by paying overpaying them with these big money contracts.

Moxley's getting $6 million from AEW

This increased to over $1 million later in 2016-17. It is rumoured that his salary as a wrestler of AEW could be around $6 million.https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/dean-ambrose-net-worth#dean-ambrose-net-worth-2

They paid Satana andvOrtiz, Lucha Bros, and Matt Hardy more than what they were worth. These ex WWE, Impact Wrestling, and NJPW guys are going to bleed this company dry.

·
Registered
319 Posts
HHH is a McMahon by law, he's as entrenched in the family as any blood relative is at this point. That he isn't biologically related to Vince or the others is beyond silly as a reason why he wouldn't be running things

And no way I'm buying that Vince had to be convinced of Reigns' push. Vince saw the next FOTC from the first time he probably laid eyes on Reigns.
Your 100 wrong

·
Registered
11,624 Posts

WWE has been in McMahon hands since 52. When time comes guaranteed Vince's shares transfer to Stephanie not HHH and whoever owns those shares has majority power. If they are sold the shares lose voting power and become ordinary shares.

Shane lost his chance to succeed Vince when he walked out to do his own thing in 2009. He is a low ranking producer now in a company that loves to give everyone an executive title. He even has to fly commercial. We met him in Newark airport waiting for United flight down to Orlando few days before Wrestlemania 33. Steph and HHH aren't flying commercial.

As for Reigns I doubt it. Vince is extremely slow to accept new people. He didn't see it with Cena or Austin first. He has never fully got behind Orton who has all the same attributes as Reigns (tall, good body, Hollywood leading man looks, third generation).

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
WWE has been in McMahon hands since 52. When time comes guaranteed Vince's shares transfer to Stephanie not HHH and whoever owns those shares has majority power. If they are sold the shares lose voting power and become ordinary shares.

Shane lost his chance to succeed Vince when he walked out to do his own thing in 2009. He is a low ranking producer now in a company that loves to give everyone an executive title. He even has to fly commercial. We met him in Newark airport waiting for United flight down to Orlando few days before Wrestlemania 33. Steph and HHH aren't flying commercial.

As for Reigns I doubt it. Vince is extremely slow to accept new people. He didn't see it with Cena or Austin first. He has never fully got behind Orton who has all the same attributes as Reigns (tall, good body, Hollywood leading man looks, third generation).
Reigns was part of The Shield for his first couple years on the roster, so he had plenty of time to warm up to him before giving him his first singles push. He gave Luger and (especially) Brock huge pushes almost right out the gate, so we know it doesn't always take time for him to gravitate towards certain people. Reigns is everything Vince cherishes in a superstar; of course he saw the future in him. The fact that he's related to The Rock only made his decision easier.

HHH is part of the McMahon family now. He and Stephanie come as a pair. Even if Stephanie becomes CEO of the company, HHH might still be the "boss" as it were. It could be like when Linda was the CEO and did all the conference calls in the 2000's, even though Vince has always been the main one in charge making all the final decisions.

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
At this point i don't think anything will make WWE better it's just gonna stay the way it's been forever and we are all gonna have to deal.
Not for nought, but that is EXACTLY why there were people criticizing AEW in the early days, with people you like throwing tantrums about it. I'm glad you've accepted you've got to deal though.

This virus has basically killed it dead, but I do have hope that when that clears up, the market will still be ripe for another billionaire to come in and poach a whole bunch of talent and do something spectacular. The theory of having another wrestling product out there is good, it's just that the execution has basically been them asking pretty please for a slice of quiche so they don't piss off the big dog (Vince, not Roman).

21 - 37 of 37 Posts