Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You don't have to pay Paul Heyman $30 million to tell you that you need to spend more money remodeling TNA. The first thing to do is establish a new regular venue such as the Hammerstein.

Place the stage in the position seen in the video above and put the ring in the center of the pit. Don't put a space between the fans and the stage-- use lighting rather than pyro.

Whether the entrance way is raised or on the floor, the flooring should be like the following:

If the entrance way is a raised stage-- the floor should be wider.

And as most of you already know; I'd replace the ring with a heptagon cage (due to patents), or I would enlarge the squared circle, replace the red cables with blue ropes, and place full padding in the corners. The mat should be white, so the blood shows strongly.

·
Registered
7,891 Posts
First off TNA Does need a Entire company Re branding badly. Paul heyman could bring in a good vision for it. TNA Feels like its trying to rip off wwe being to flashy and it has no fucking branding direction what so ever.

These stage sets TNA has are insane busy and insane tacky. They dont need to be. A simple stage set could do wonders . It just has to have good meaning for the event. They should have Simple smaller stage set just for Impact. Then another one simple to put up for special ppv.

TNA is doing many good things visualy like .That new 4 sided cage is amzing best cage ever in wrestling.

But it just feels like TNA is not branding themselfs in any direction at all. Simple things like Having impact banners around the ring for Imapct helps a lot.

Paul heyman is not going to be brougt in just to change things visualy. But to change the entire company around. It needs a insane over haul. And Hogan and Eric are not the ones doing jack shit. Paul being creative man could have control with anything. Which he was brilliant for. He just does not handle the business side which is why ECW went under.

Also that idiot idea about having a MMA ring is terrible. Yes TNA should move out of the Orlando studio. Like find a new city. New york could take them off.

·
Registered
7,891 Posts
Its so stupid that TNA dont do small things that wouldnt cost to much to buy only once. Like Have only Red Ropes for IMPACT. Have some other color for PPV. Do they even undersatnd why no one buys PPV. For one They put the same matches on Impact for free. Also it just feels like the exact same show in that studio. But the smallest things visualy can make a difference. They waste money on such pointless things its insane.

·
Registered
737 Posts
i agree, tna need to have a specific stage etc for impact, like nitro had the specfic set, thunder a specific one, raw, smackdown etc. impact stage is just ..i dunno i dont hate it but i dont really know what it is though? .

Tna also need to change that apron which jus says tna and add impact or something like that, mabe even a watermark thing on the screen so it has a different feel. currently to me all the ppvs and everything has the same feel

·
Registered
737 Posts
I dont see what heyman can do that bischoff cant do? bischoff marketed wcw better and branded it then heyman did for ecw?

·
Banned
787 Posts
I do agree about Remodeling the ring for PPV's. Someone should really ask Dixie about that on twitter or facebook.

Whats the point of having all red ring ropes for Victory Road - when classic ring ropes fit the PPV more and make it look unique. Why don't the use black for Bound for Glory etc.?

Simple thing, I really don't get why nobody there does it though.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
That would look pretty amazing especially if the entrances look as good as the setup with that great lighting Tiesto had for his concert but yeah its not gonna happen. I wish I was at that concert btw.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Why is the Hammerstein Ballroom the only place TNA should go; there are a load of other places. The look of the Hammerstein Ballroom is just too old-school for TNA; plus to any casual fan it makes TNA look like an ECW rip-off. Plus it would even more expensive to maintain, and I just don't think moving from one permanent location to another permanent location is the solution.

TNA need to go on the road; seriously. If they could draw what they do on average for house shows; 2000 - 3000. Then they are already beating their iMPACT crowd. It also builds up fanbases in different locations for house shows and for PPVs. The draw could work towards paying the venue off, and also with merchandising (and Don West's insane deals :p) they could make more money for paying workers.

TNA seriously don't seem to get it, they focus so much on their talent and their product. When it's just not about that, wrestling is more than just what happens in the ring when you are trying to compete at a mainstream level. They need to focus on the business; merchandising and advertisement. You can't just make an audience watch with a good product and good stars, because if they aren't even aware of your brand anyway they won't see it and won't know what stars you have.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Sorry but the ways you're suggesting would make it look like a gay nightclub.

I don't get the obsession with the Hammerstein Ballroom, Raw used to be there back in the day and it looked outdated then. I think you need a new venue which is more fitting with the times. I heard rumours of them using the Paramount Theatre, which is where WWE New York used to be, so that could look abit more up to date.

·
Registered
784 Posts
You seriously believe, in a form of entertainment so reliant on the visual aspect as wrestling, this is something not worth even thinking about?

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I actually prefer the set before the 2010 change. The wheelchair ramp is an obstruction and stupid too and the only reason that it was changed was because Hulk Hogan wanted a four sided ring.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
TNA needs to travel though, get to Canada/UK/India/Mexico. Instead of investing money into over the hill guys like Hulk Hogan spend the money on travel trucks.

Wrestling has always been a show on wheels, that's how you win fans for life.

4 life

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Cosmetic changes that need to be made:

1. No more pyro to open the show or anymore pyro in general in the Impact Zone

2. Get rid of the disabled wheelchair ramp

3. Keep the laser lights only for Jeff Hardy's entrance (and switch the color up. I have seen green for 8 years).

4. Change the ring rope colors and ring apron for PPV. White ropes and a ring apron for that months PPV. The LED screen above 'The Pit' should not say 'TNAwrestling.com' or 'ShopTNA.com'. It should have the name of the PPV.

5. Change the metal barriers to something more like WWE's. It will look cleaner. It doesn't need to be as thick as WWE or even have TNA branding on it, but it would make the presentation look a bit more professional.

6. No more close up shots of the fans in 'The Pit'. It looks tacky and homely. TNA needs to stick to wide shots and shots that focus on the entertainers and not of the same people in TIZ and people in the crowd being smarky.

This would cost little money to do so and with the pyro budget cut indefinitely (on the road PPV's would be the exception), it would definitely add to the production value of TNA.

·
Registered
432 Posts
the aboce poster pretty much just sumed up exactly my thoughts on the situation.

I was seriously hoping they would have gotten rid of the Wheel chair ramp by now.. wtf why is it still there? when was the last time we saw a springboard moonsault to the outside in TNA? ... Get rid of the fucking ramp ASAP.

·
Registered
803 Posts
The ramp is probably going to stay until Hogan and Flair are out. Hopefully one of them are gone by the end of the year.
Flair can take a superplex.... He doesn't need a ramp.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts