Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if someone already made a thread about this, But its clear that CM punk screwed up Nexus to a point of no return. But Wade is still keeping his group looking good. Did WWE just think more highly of Heath and Gabrielle?

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
they win by default, New Nexus is dead. But Corre has been better than Nexus in the past few months definetly

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Yeah, no shit Corre's better. Punk didn't kill Nexus to a point of no return, though, Cena did when he no sold being fired and then murdered the leader. That was THE end of any progress that was going to come out of that storyline. Punk is simply in the position of leader because WWE wants the best in the business to coach 4 green fucknuggets.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I still have high hopes that punk will get some new blood for New Nexus at WM to get the win. I cant see Randy having a clean sweep of a 5 man team.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
The "new" nexus became the worst of the two when Gabriel & Slather moved to SD and joined The Corre.
How anyone could expect big things from the group baffles me.

·
-
7,495 Posts
Yeah, WWE basically transferred all the guys in the original nexus that have a good future in the WWE to Corre, and the rest were dumped in the New Nexus or sent back to FCW.

Here's how I see the Corre in future.

Heath Slater-IC champion
Justin Gabriel-U.S Champion,has potental to compete for the World title.
Wade Barret-World/WWe Champion
Ezekiel Champion-World/WWE champion.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
I still have high hopes that punk will get some new blood for New Nexus at WM to get the win. I cant see Randy having a clean sweep of a 5 man team.
The logical conclusion for Punk winning at WM is Jericho returns and screws Orton for punting him in the head, thus providing not only a shocking WM moment, but gives Punk material to work with about how karma "bit the viper in the ass" or something that will fit that effect. Of course that plan is contingent on Jericho himself, so it's not likely.

·
Registered
930 Posts
The New Nexus no longer exists, so...of course. But a group that consisted of Otunga, McGillicutty, Harris, and one green as hell Mason Ryan was never going anywhere anyway.

Barrett looked like an absolute beast tonight, he and Jackson alone looked like they could have destroyed the New Nexus themselves. Gabriel is just icing on the cake, and Slater is...well, he's still Slater, but he works as half of a tag team anyway.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
It's already plain obvious since the birth of Corre that the equality thing is actually real. While I do think they'll help Wade win a World Title sometime in the future, I have no reason to doubt the group itself will help every member win a title.

This is a case of this group being very synergistic. I can seriously imagine Wade, Zeke and Gabriel going out of their way to help Slater win an IC Championship and drawing insane heat. That's how good this group is.

But what's important is that they WIN at Wrestlemania no matter who they face.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Wade will win MITB, then the Corre will crush whoever's holding the title so Wade can easily cash it in and win the title.

But yeah if they don't win at WrestleMania they might as well not exist.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Wade will win MITB, then the Corre will crush whoever's holding the title so Wade can easily cash it in and win the title.

But yeah if they don't win at WrestleMania they might as well not exist.
I dunno, there's a lot of heels at Wrestlemania that "have" to win. The WWE is not going to have like six out of eight matches end in heel victories.

I don't think a loss would hurt Corre all that much considering they are probably going up against a team with a lot more star power.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
call me crazy, but i still think Corre and Nexus will merge at Mania to help Punk

And yeah, New Nexus fails.Otunga, Hennig, Ryan and Husky?on Raw?Really?

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I dunno, there's a lot of heels at Wrestlemania that "have" to win. The WWE is not going to have like six out of eight matches end in heel victories.

I don't think a loss would hurt Corre all that much considering they are probably going up against a team with a lot more star power.
Dude, not many heels need victories, i'll make it easy to understand

Miz vs Cena

Del Rio vs Edge

Taker vs HHH

Cm Punk vs Orton

Cody vs Rey

Corre vs team face,

Snooki team vs Lay-Cool and Dolph

Cole vs Lawyer

i see 4 faces winning and 4 heels who need the victory winning, so HOW IS IT 6 OUT OF 8 BEING HEEL VICTORIES? And TBH, Corre needs a victory more then many other heels.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Barrett definitely deserves to win at WM after he outshined Cena and carried Raw for months

Reactions: Kratosx23
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.