Wrestling Forum banner

1301 - 1320 of 1381 Posts

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
This forum is in a pretty sad state of affairs.

Arguing over whether a pandemic that has killed hundreds of thousands of people is real is absurd and really shows how far our society has fallen.

There is nothing wrong with criticizing or questioning the way our governments have handled this. There have been tons of missteps along the way. Certain things have worked and others haven't, science is about learning from those failures and changing.

I guess it's pretty spot on for a forum filled with wrestling fans to criticize but not offer any intelligent insight or solution.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,187 Posts

Arguing over whether a pandemic that has killed hundreds of thousands of people is real is absurd and really shows how far our society has fallen.

There is nothing wrong with criticizing or questioning the way our governments have handled this. There have been tons of missteps along the way. Certain things have worked and others haven't, science is about learning from those failures and changing.

I guess it's pretty spot on for a forum filled with wrestling fans to criticize but not offer any intelligent insight or solution.
I think it's stupid preventative measures that don't make sense that make people think it's fake. There's just so much that we're doing that doesn't make sense. And when the solutions are nonsensical people start thinking the problem is as well.

I live in New York near the Vermont border. Vermont has a mandatory 14 day quarantine for some counties. There's exceptions to that rule. But the exceptions make the whole thing nonsensical. Lots of people that live on the border cross state lines to go shopping. If you live in Vermont and go to a New York grocery store that's OK. If you live in Vermont and go apple picking outside in New York you have to quarantine for 14 days. If you are a teacher at a Vermont school and live in New York you can go to work at a Vermont school. If you are a student in Vermont and play baseball at a park in New York you aren't allowed back at school for 14 days.

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,304
I think it's stupid preventative measures that don't make sense that make people think it's fake. There's just so much that we're doing that doesn't make sense. And when the solutions are nonsensical people start thinking the problem is as well.

I live in New York near the Vermont border. Vermont has a mandatory 14 day quarantine for some counties. There's exceptions to that rule. But the exceptions make the whole thing nonsensical. Lots of people that live on the border cross state lines to go shopping. If you live in Vermont and go to a New York grocery store that's OK. If you live in Vermont and go apple picking outside in New York you have to quarantine for 14 days. If you are a teacher at a Vermont school and live in New York you can go to work at a Vermont school. If you are a student in Vermont and play baseball at a park in New York you aren't allowed back at school for 14 days.
Just think of the spirit behind the rules. Avoid mixing with people you aren't living with to reduce the spread of the virus. Wear a mask because it has proven to be the most cost efficient method for everyone. All the different rules are to reduce the economic impact compared to a blanket ban. Maybe grocery shopping and going to work is seen as essential while picking apples (assuming this isn't work) and playing baseball isn't.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Avoid mixing with people you aren't living with to reduce the spread of the virus.
Even the Person you really like.. I.e: Boyfriend/Girlfriend?
Virus or Not, That Ain't gonna stop Me from seeing anyone in My Life. Whether its family or other beings.... Because I am not worried about catching anything. You can ridicule me and other's like me that think the same way I do about all this "Corona" stuff. We can argue our points all day and still won't come to any conclusion.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts

The movie Idiocracy highlights a good explanation of what has happened. Plus the web has created a lot of pseudointellectuals.

COVID is ripe for the fuckwits because it's such a 'strange' virus - seems to hit ethnics more, 80% get few to no symptoms, transmits in all weather, countries inconsistent with their recording of cases and deaths, governments perceived to using it for their agenda. In reality it's easy to understand the situation. Answers such as why it hits some more than others will come with time.

My only take from it all this is:
1) Society is too fucked and petty to overcome even a 0.7% mortality rate novel virus without tanking their economies
2) An actual truly super deadly virus will quickly make Mad Max seem like a documentary
3) Mother nature has a warped sense of humor

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,308
Virus or Not, That Ain't gonna stop Me from seeing anyone in My Life. Whether its family or other beings.... Because I am not worried about catching anything. You can ridicule me and other's like me that think the same way I do about all this "Corona" stuff. We can argue our points all day and still won't come to any conclusion.
Yes and OK Karen.

·
Baby It's Violence
7,143 Posts
I love the "My freedoms are more important than saving lives" camp, or the "mandating masks will lead us down into a dystopian technocracy and empire of legitimized euthanasia" camp.

You're not as smart as you think you are. Put on a mask, actually be a decent human being, and shut the fuck up. It literally takes no effort.

Also, some of y'all should stop arguing with a troll.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Then we will accept the fact you are a selfish person who doesn’t care if you murder a family member or friend if they catch COVID because you were careless. Fair? Good talk.

I love the "My freedoms are more important than saving lives" camp, or the "mandating masks will lead us down into a dystopian technocracy and empire of legitimized euthanasia" camp.

You're not as smart as you think you are. Put on a mask, actually be a decent human being, and shut the fuck up. It literally takes no effort.

Also, some of y'all should stop arguing with a troll.
And they get mad when stuff gets messed up. Like the “we have to have college football” crowd. With at least three SEC games postponed this weekend, they bitch about games getting paused but refused to allow any safety measures to limit the fallout. The last time something rolled like this through the south Sherman was marching to the sea.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Yes. I live alone and work from home. I have seen a grand total of 5 friends since March and none of my family. I would rather sacrifice a year of seeing the people I love than go against all the advice and end up giving a virus to my mum could potentially kill her. What we are being asked to do is not the end of the world, you're just being selfish, its not about you its about protecting those around you which you are obviously unwilling to do coz reasons.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
The movie Idiocracy highlights a good explanation of what has happened. Plus the web has created a lot of pseudointellectuals.

COVID is ripe for the fuckwits because it's such a 'strange' virus - seems to hit ethnics more, 80% get few to no symptoms, transmits in all weather, countries inconsistent with their recording of cases and deaths, governments perceived to using it for their agenda. In reality it's easy to understand the situation. Answers such as why it hits some more than others will come with time.

My only take from it all this is:
1) Society is too fucked and petty to overcome even a 0.7% mortality rate novel virus without tanking their economies
2) An actual truly super deadly virus will quickly make Mad Max seem like a documentary
3) Mother nature has a warped sense of humor
Agreed.

COVID is bad, but it's not going to wipe out half our population, I know that.

If a virus that had the ability to do that ever came to be, based on our response to this, we'd all be dead in a month.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
No one is saying you can't see your loved ones, but be mindful if they are high risk. If your parents have lung related health issues, COVID could be fatal. Everyone's situation is different, but you have to apply your own logic and due diligence.

I've got friends I haven't seen since February, because they live with people that are older and are high risk. We've got group chats and other ways of keeping in touch. If I don't see them until next year, it's not a big deal.

If I ever found out I had COVID and spread it to a family member or friend and they died, I could never live with myself.

Not sure why you keep putting Corona in quotes as if to imply it may not be real, at this point it would be like thinking gravity isn't real, a lot a evidence to the contrary.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts

The measures not working the way they're intended has little to do with the measures, but more to do with the people. I live outside of Toronto and when things in the city shut down, people just went to the outskirts of the cities to areas where they weren't shut down, defeating the whole purpose of trying to contain it. People are stupid, can't get away from that.

If you have blanket measures people will complain because why should they be punished for issues elsewhere. If you have measures tailored for certain cities and areas, then people will evade restrictions by going through the loopholes.

The intent is there though, is it 100% effective? No, because people are unpredictable. No one wants martial law with military in the street with checkpoints, I certainly don't, but that would be the only way to have people adhere to measures. I know how dystopian that sounds, but we're living in unique times with unique circumstances.

Hopefully people in the US vote in someone who wouldn't take advantage of these times to create that dystopian future...

·
Banned
2,821 Posts
Everyone responding to soul priestess idiocy , please recognize that she says she's not scared AND has talked about being asthmatic and having breathing problems since she was born

I'm very much sure she's a little on the slow side so there's no real point trying to explain anything to her

Some ppl are a lost cause

·
Registered
186 Posts
Then we will accept the fact you are a selfish person who doesn’t care if you murder a family member or friend if they catch COVID because you were careless. Fair? Good talk.

And they get mad when stuff gets messed up. Like the “we have to have college football” crowd. With at least three SEC games postponed this weekend, they bitch about games getting paused but refused to allow any safety measures to limit the fallout. The last time something rolled like this through the south Sherman was marching to the sea.
And the other 30 ppl I come in contact with each and every day, DON'T wear masks either.
You gonna come here to ohio and argue with them too?🤨

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yes. I live alone and work from home. I have seen a grand total of 5 friends since March and none of my family. I would rather sacrifice a year of seeing the people I love than go against all the advice and end up giving a virus to my mum could potentially kill her. What we are being asked to do is not the end of the world, you're just being selfish, its not about you its about protecting those around you which you are obviously unwilling to do coz reasons.
So Your gonna come here to Ohio and also have this Discussion with the other 30 ppl I see each and everyday that don't wear masks either?

·
Registered
186 Posts
No one is saying you can't see your loved ones, but be mindful if they are high risk. If your parents have lung related health issues, COVID could be fatal. Everyone's situation is different, but you have to apply your own logic and due diligence.

I've got friends I haven't seen since February, because they live with people that are older and are high risk. We've got group chats and other ways of keeping in touch. If I don't see them until next year, it's not a big deal.

If I ever found out I had COVID and spread it to a family member or friend and they died, I could never live with myself.

Not sure why you keep putting Corona in quotes as if to imply it may not be real, at this point it would be like thinking gravity isn't real, a lot a evidence to the contrary.
Everyone in my Family are healthy as Oxes.

1301 - 1320 of 1381 Posts