Wrestling Forum banner

161 - 180 of 207 Posts

·
Premium Member
Geekslayer
12,829 Posts
Dude, you pretty much just mocked how I write some of my posts on a different section to get a response from me. You're guilty of what you're accusing me of here.

Enough of this now. I'm more interested in seeing more of the OP's creative cartoons.
Yes, it was done IN RESPONSE to you starting all this bait in the ratings thread and making tons of posts with no information other than "you are right because I agree with you tbh" nonsense, which you clearly do. Be better.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Yes, it was done IN RESPONSE to you starting all this bait in the ratings thread and making tons of posts with no information other than "you are right because I agree with you tbh" nonsense, which you clearly do. Be better.
You just punished him by mocking his writing because you thought he was baiting, nice.

But hey, you are the grown up.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Are you saying you act exactly the same around every group of people and every interaction you have, be it professional or casual?
I try to be as real as I can be. I am who I am, with my qualities and my faults.
I mostly try to respect people, even though I am not always succeeding but hey I am not perfect.
My job is mostly technical and I don't have to be an ass kisser of to act differently than I usually do.

·
Hardcore Casual
1,236 Posts
Reread that post again. That was about CORNETTE. It had nothing to do with his followers, so it had nothing to do with "baiting." Quit trying to make false and bold accusations.
Quit being a dumb cunt; that makes no fucking sense.

Baiting is posting something inflammatory that contributes nothing to the conversation, with the sole purpose of getting a rise out of people. How does "Cornette deserves to be roasted at all times" not a bait statement? Because it's directed at him and not his fans?

So going into a thread about Seth and calling him a talentless vanilla midget isn't baiting because....I didn't call his fans talentless vanilla midgets?

Seriously, who dropped you on your head as a child?

·
Premium Member
Geekslayer
12,829 Posts
But you are doing the same thing you accuse him of doing.
Why do you get a free pass?
I mostly respond in the manner in which something is posted. When someone makes a lazy argument or continually makes nonsensical posts, I will eventually respond in kind. When they make good posts, I will put thought into responding to them even if we disagree. @DammitChrist and I have actually had good conversations before. I just believe he has been phoning it in a lot recently.

·
Premium Member
Geekslayer
12,829 Posts
I try to be as real as I can be. I am who I am, with my qualities and my faults.
I mostly try to respect people, even though I am not always succeeding but hey I am not perfect.
My job is mostly technical and I don't have to be an ass kisser of to act differently than I usually do.
I am still real in that respect. I just think there is a time and a place for things, like here in Rants. It is fun to cut loose sometimes, but other times people should avoid logical fallacies and insults because they are just not helpful in having a conversation. It is all in good fun though. I know it may be surprising but I have not actually slept with Pip's mom.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
@LifeInCattleClass great work you mad bastard lol! Very funny thread and drawings, certainly be cool and fun to see you put your skills to other topics of wrestling on a weekly thread like @Brodus Clay, @LongPig666 and @BlueEyedDevil have suggested. The list Blue suggested is very amusing and would give you plenty of crazy to work with that's for sure.

·
Banned
14,051 Posts
Quit being a dumb cunt; that makes no fucking sense.

Baiting is posting something inflammatory that contributes nothing to the conversation, with the sole purpose of getting a rise out of people. How does "Cornette deserves to be roasted at all times" not a bait statement? Because it's directed at him and not his fans?

So going into a thread about Seth and calling him a talentless vanilla midget isn't baiting because....I didn't call his fans talentless vanilla midgets?

Seriously, who dropped you on your head as a child?
Jeez, I can't believe we're still going over this, and I can't believe you're being this unreasonably personal/aggressive over it.

That bolded quote was just my half-assed explanation here. That's not what I actually said to begin with since I was pointing out that he's the big jerk (or jackass) in the original post. I'll assure you that there was no bad intentions from me for the following several pages to get chaotic (since I didn't know that would actually happen), and I apologize for pissing you off this much with some of my careless comments lately.

Anyway, with that being said, I'll answer your first question. I suppose it depends with the context since maybe that person just dislikes smaller wrestlers who emphasize their in-ring ability more and he just wants to address that publicly. I admittedly wouldn't be fond of the topic at all (since that's been done to death already), but I don't think it'd really be for the intention to frustrate the fans. However, I guess it's a different story if that person creates a public thread just to bash them and the modern wrestling audience.

·
Premium Member
Geekslayer
12,829 Posts
Your buddy with annoying bold writing is doing mostly those things when he is not copy-pasting "news" from different sites.
Whataboutism logical fallacy;) Yeah, I know you are going to hate that response, but if you do not like @BOSS of Bel-Air's cadence, you are free to take that up with him. I can only speak on my way of thinking.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
This thread makes me want to blow my brains out.

It wasn't even fun to read through, just sad.
this is a high art thread sir

please point to an empty canvas and at least attempt a Jackson Pollock if you absolutely have to do it

for THE ART!

·
Premium Member
Geekslayer
12,829 Posts
Of course.
I just thought you are also calling other people for their bullshit.
If I have a disagreement with someone, of course I will call them out. He likes Vince Russo and I do not so that is a fairly large difference. Russo just rarely comes up in wrestling conversations in 2021 so I have rarely felt the need to discuss him. He also probably thinks there should be more female wrestling on a show than I would like to see, but I have never seen him post anything like "well the real wrestling fans who want more female wrestling on every show are more coherent tbh" so we can just disagree and have good conversations. I see that as a large difference.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
If I have a disagreement with someone, of course I will call them out. He likes Vince Russo and I do not so that is a fairly large difference. Russo just rarely comes up in wrestling conversations in 2021 so I have rarely felt the need to discuss him. He also probably thinks there should be more female wrestling on a show than I would like to see, but I have never seen him post anything like "well the real wrestling fans who want more female wrestling on every show are more coherent tbh" so we can just disagree and have good conversations. I see that as a large difference.
I was talking about things like "hahaha fanboy", "haha loyalist", "haha Cornette knows better".
I don't care what he likes in wrestling. He's doing at least as much baiting as others.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
31,589 Posts
Whataboutism logical fallacy;) Yeah, I know you are going to hate that response, but if you do not like @BOSS of Bel-Air's cadence, you are free to take that up with him. I can only speak on my way of thinking.
I haven't been to rants in like 5 years. This thread isn't even appearing on my list because I have the dipshit OP ignored.

·
Premium Member
Geekslayer
12,829 Posts
I was talking about things like "hahaha fanboy", "haha loyalist".
I don't care what he likes in wrestling. He's doing at least as much baiting as others.
Is that happening out of the blue without someone starting something? I mean, as far as there are sides, no side is "completely innocent" and neither an I. We are all human at the end of the day, but I at least do put effort into trying to be civil and have conversations with people. I think the only two people I never was able to have any decent conversation with were Pips and Claro, who are both banned now.

161 - 180 of 207 Posts