Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 140 of 207 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
It would be much better if people actually stop making ad hominem attacks. People are always going to get called out for making lazy, obvious logical fallacies.
How about people stop arguing about what some cranky old man has to say about professional wrestling on a daily basis? The worship and the hatred are equally fucking embarrassing.

Also, no one constantly arguing over AEW knew what the hell ad hominem meant until the wood started using it in every single one of his two page rants about them.

·
rasslin
6,776 Posts
How about people stop arguing about what some cranky old man has to say about professional wrestling on a daily basis? The worship and the hatred are equally fucking embarrassing.

Also, no one constantly arguing over AEW knew what the hell ad hominem meant until the wood started using it in every single one of his two page rants about them.
As hominem is a pretty common phrase and has been for years.

I can see why the AEW fans would like to get rid of it though.

·
Registered
108 Posts

Much agreed man , no doubt. However that stupid shit , cornette is a fucking loon. He's some old ass man who just yells at nothing and his cult is similar to some sherry shriner bull shit.

Either way you made a good point.

·
Banned
14,051 Posts
Jim Cornette fans are in absolutely shambles, and are seething atm.

You'd love to see it.

·
Banned
14,051 Posts

·
Premium Member
Geekslayer
12,829 Posts

Anyone who has studied philosophy or has been in a proper debate knows the logical fallacies, one of the most prolific ones being ad hominem. Not sure why you would want to insult your fellow posters by insinuating almost all are uneducated.

As far as Corny goes, maybe people like @DammitChrist should stop bringing him up in the ratings thread as he did four days ago here:

I’d say that Dave Meltzer is still more credible than Jim Cornette tbh. He’s at least worth taking seriously in 2021 to some extent :p
And three days ago here:
He can’t be a “bigger jackass” than Jim Cornette tbh.
Completely out of the blue in a baiting fashion. I think most of us were happy to discuss things he says in the "sticky" thread dedicated to him. But no, he lives so vividly in some people's heads that he must be brought up to instigate a fight. Biggest heel in AEW by far. I am happy to talk about AEW without mentioning Cornette, but if his haters are going to try and break the rules and mention him in threads not about him, they are going to get responded to.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
This is quite the thread lol.
@LifeInCattleClass you're very talented!

From my perspective I don't care for either Cornette or Meltzer and I'm happy to have my own mind. It does get somewhat tedious to use either of them as some bastion of truth and put them on a platform. Cornette is clearly a hateful ranter who leans into his anti AEW stance. Meltzer is very pro AEW and anti WWE so his views will swing that way. Big deal?

As for the 'rent free' shtick...

It's pretty much impossible to tell nowadays whether Cornette lives rent free in the minds of AEW fans, Meltzer and Tony Kahn live rent free in the minds of Cornette fans, or if @DammitChrist lives rent free in the minds of the posters that have started mimicking him...we've hit an infinite regress folks 🤯

·
Premium Member
Geekslayer
12,829 Posts
This is quite the thread lol.
@LifeInCattleClass you're very talented!

From my perspective I don't care for either Cornette or Meltzer and I'm happy to have my own mind. It does get somewhat tedious to use either of them as some bastion of truth and put them on a platform. Cornette is clearly a hateful ranter who leans into his anti AEW stance. Meltzer is very pro AEW and anti WWE so his views will swing that way. Big deal?

As for the 'rent free' shtick...

It's pretty much impossible to tell nowadays whether Cornette lives rent free in the minds of AEW fans, Meltzer and Tony Kahn live rent free in the minds of Cornette fans, or if @DammitChrist lives rent free in the minds of the posters that have started mimicking him...we've hit an infinite regress folks 🤯
The larger problem is most of his posts just contain no actual information now tbh.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I really can't fucking wait until both of these old mf , cornette and meltzer just pass away so it's not even hardly a topic.

I'm sure the cult will refer to the great goof some sorry ass podcast. Many years from now the same assholes will be bringing these pricks up. Hope you all die sucking shit , just like Cattles art.

Follow and fall in line you bunch of sorry fucks.

Try formulating your own thoughts once and a while.

·
Banned
14,051 Posts
Anyone who has studied philosophy or has been in a proper debate knows the logical fallacies, one of the most prolific ones being ad hominem. Not sure why you would want to insult your fellow posters by insinuating almost all are uneducated.

As far as Corny goes, maybe people like @DammitChrist should stop bringing him up in the ratings thread as he did four days ago here:

And three days ago here:

Completely out of the blue in a baiting fashion. I think most of us were happy to discuss things he says in the "sticky" thread dedicated to him. But no, he lives so vividly in some people's heads that he must be brought up to instigate a fight. Biggest heel in AEW by far. I am happy to talk about AEW without mentioning Cornette, but if his haters are going to try and break the rules and mention him in threads not about him, they are going to get responded to.
I did that because it's always satisfying to see him get roasted. His cult followers could've easily moved on from that slight comment, but of course, they ended up throwing a fit dogpiling on me over it; which ended up lasting for about 10 pages.

I highly doubt you'll see the same outrage (for 10 PAGES) among Dave Meltzer's followers/fans whenever other folks get angry over him and his news coverage.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Should I search for the posts where you insinuated having sexual relations with Pippen's mother or whatever his username was.
Stop acting like you are so elevated because you are just like the rest, myself included. It is in the human nature to act like that in some situations, unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
Geekslayer
12,829 Posts
I did that because it's always satisfying to see him get roasted. His cult followers could've easily moved on from that slight comment, but of course, they ended up throwing a fit dogpiling on me over it; which ended up lasting for about 10 pages.

I highly doubt you'll see the same outrage (for 10 PAGES) among Dave Meltzer's followers/fans whenever other folks get angry over him and his news coverage.
At least you admit you were baiting.

Edit: No one is going to care enough about Meltzer to talk about him for 10 pages because no one takes him seriously.

·
Premium Member
Geekslayer
12,829 Posts
Should I search for the posts where you insinuated having sexual relations with Pippen's mother or whatever his username was.
Stop acting like you are so elevated because you are just like the rest, myself included. It is in the human nature to act like that in some situations, unfortunately.
Oh, in Rants anything goes. Completely different rulebook. I have no problems letting loose and commiting as many ad hominems in here as I wish. @Pippen94's mom was a little too worn out for me though. Too many previous passengers.

121 - 140 of 207 Posts