Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
the critques arent that bad and annoying. I'm a big time AEW fan boy and yeah, Big swoll vs rose was the drizzling shits. And the stuff at the end looked bad too.

Too harsh on Kip Sabian, i think he looks like a C level heel from WCW 1995 (underneath guy). I think Janella blows.

Too harsh on the "missed punches", come on now.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
the critques arent that bad and annoying. I'm a big time AEW fan boy and yeah, Big swoll vs rose was the drizzling shits. And the stuff at the end looked bad too.

Too harsh on Kip Sabian, i think he looks like a C level heel from WCW 1995 (underneath guy). I think Janella blows.

Too harsh on the "missed punches", come on now.
Swole and Nyla dat dropkick was the only thing wrong.

The rest of Corny's critique is attention whoring.

·
Banned
6,268 Posts
Cornette is usually right on the money. I think he was too nice about the stuff with The Bucks and even the Moxley promo, which I thought was filler at best this week.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Some of his criticisms of modern wrestling tropes that are dumb and illogical are entertaining and I enjoy that aspect, but I HATE most of the rest of his bullshit. This week he said of Moxley that he loved the promo, loved the character, but admits to hating Moxley because he willingly takes part in hardcore matches. So Moxley is great, but I'm going to hold shit against him that isn't even currently relevant?

I'm glad AEW's existence gives him lots to talk about every week for his fans tho. Without a host to feed from a parasite would die pretty quickly.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Saw "Untrained garbage wrestlers" headline. Not interested.

I'm not familiar what Cornette usually does, but I assume he's bashing AEW a lot, so why even give the whore attention. "Untrained garbage wrestlers"... really? that desperate?
He actually said AEW was better than NXT this week, so I guess he is crazy based on people's quickness to judge his comments without hearing or reading them.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Cornette has a deeply personal issue with Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks. Also, he's a career heel. I think as long as you keep those things in mind, his commentaries are fun to watch

·
Registered
153 Posts
It's funny to see such a turn on Cornette. He's been a harsh critic for a long damn time and he was loved for it. But now that he's went from "HHH is the guy who works with the guy" and Russo rants to harshly critiquing The Elite, suddenly he's an old out of touch asshole lol.
I was watching his Russo shoots. Funny how people dont seem to mind him wishing death on Russo (some even find it funny) but once he does it to their favourites cornette is just a grumpy old man

·
Team AEW
2,794 Posts
He actually said AEW was better than NXT this week, so I guess he is crazy based on people's quickness to judge his comments without hearing or reading them.
Maybe, I didn't care enough to check it out. I'm not interested in his opinion on anything really, anyway, nor do I care whether AEW is better than NXT or not. Seems like we have more than enough Cornette threads these days.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts

He catches things a casual wouldn't even notice. I'd love if he did this weekly.
He does. He has a segment where he buries it every week on The Jim Cornette Experience and he also buries it at every opportunity on Jim Cornette's Drive-Thru. He also helpfully cuts up the segments and puts them on his YouTube channel with some funny artwork.

1 - 20 of 188 Posts