Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SmackDown color commentor Corey Graves is not a fan of Charlotte Flair's booking as of late. On the latest episode of After The Bell, Graves made it quite clear that the 11-time champ needs to go back to being who she was before, "The Queen."

"In my opinion, Charlotte Flair has never felt less important than she does right now," Graves said. "This is Charlotte Flair we're talking about. She has a resume a mile long. In the few short years, she has cemented herself as one, if not, the greatest female superstar in WWE history. By the time it's all set and done, I'm pretty certain we will be referring to 'The Queen' as such.
"But something about what's been happening lately just feels off. This whole tag team thing with Charlotte finding a different partner week after week, it just doesn't click. I'm not feeling it. It looks to me like Charlotte isn't feeling it. You can see it on her face. Charlotte Flair looks like she is going through the motions and getting through the night. I don't mean this as an insult; she's a close friend of mine. I have all the respect in the world for Charlotte and I'm not saying anything negative about her or her ability. I'm saying, what is happening around Charlotte Flair has made her feel less than Charlotte Flair for some reason."

Graves criticized the recent storyline with Charlotte and Becky Lynch all of a sudden being on the same page. Graves noted that he would like for Charlotte to go back to being "The Queen."
"Despite the fact that they (WWE) spent the better part of last year trying to kill one another (Flair and Becky Lynch) and all of a sudden they're just pals. Charlotte Flair and Asuka at WrestleMania a couple of years ago was maybe the match of the year. Charlotte Flair is one of the most exciting talents in all of the WWE. Maybe, even the best athlete in the entire business. Charlotte has the ability to be consistent. Let's be honest here, Charlotte Flair carried WrestleMania 35 this year. Yes, 'The Man' Becky Lynch won. Yes, Becky got all of the spotlight and the accolades and deservingly so, but, let's be honest, if Charlotte Flair was not in that triple threat match there is no way that match was merely exciting or as successful as it was. I will argue that point to the death. Charlotte Flair to me was the star of that matchup, because she's a pro, and is highly talented. When she's motivated, dare I say, untouchable.
"I miss 'The Queen,' my queen. The villainous that just kicked everybody's a** because she was superior. I don't know how to bring it back. I think it's a tough thing to fix, but it needs to come back. Let Charlotte Flair take a little bit of a break. Let her take some time off and disappear from the public eye for a few months. Let everyone remember why they miss Charlotte Flair. Why she is who she is. Allow me to reiterate once more; I want 'The Queen' back."
Charlotte took to Twitter to respond to Graves' comments, writing, "The problem is: He's not entirely wrong."

Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/12/corey-graves-does-not-like-how-charlotte-flair-has-been-663176/

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,585 Posts
Charlotte does need to be kept out of the title picture for a while, so they need to keep her busy with something else, but what they're doing with her is really bad i agree with him. But the thing is theres literally no one else in the Raw Womens division that she can feud with outside of Becky, the Raw womens roster is thin as fuck right now, Kairi and Asuka the two best performers in their womens division is stuck together as a tag team so they are literally the only option Charlotte has atm.

I mean who else does she feud with in terms of singles wrestlers? Natalya is hurt, Naomi is as well i think, Nia is hurt, Ruby is, all her viable options in terms of a singles feud is very limited right now until some of the injured ones get back.

·
Since Day One
9,843 Posts
Charlotte does need to be kept out of the title picture for a while, so they need to keep her busy with something else, but what they're doing with her is really bad i agree with him. But the thing is theres literally no one else in the Raw Womens division that she can feud with outside of Becky, the Raw womens roster is thin as fuck right now, Kairi and Asuka the two best performers in their womens division is stuck together as a tag team so they are literally the only option Charlotte has atm.

I mean who else does she feud with in terms of singles wrestlers? Natalya is hurt, Naomi is as well i think, Nia is hurt, Ruby is, all her viable options in terms of a singles feud is very limited right now until some of the injured ones get back.
There’s also this underlying problem that’s been an issue in the women’s division for years—if you’re not fighting for the title, you’re doomed to be directionless. Like her or not, the last thing Charlotte Flair needs to be is directionless. It’s only made worse when you’re on a brand where more than half of the women’s roster is out with an injury, just not used on TV for whatever reason, or a manager. That just leaves her with three other women, who just so happen to be champions. They really don’t have a choice but to still have Charlotte hovering around in the title scene until their roster gets a massive, miraculous shot in the arm.

·
Registered
750 Posts
The problem is she has been built up so much, there's not much that can be done if she's not chasing the title. Who wants to see her feud for anything outside the title. It's sad because she is the reason the divisions are in such bad shape. There is no way in hell she should be a 10x champion this soon.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
If wwe would've bothered building up rivals for her as opposed to letting her steamroll everybody and giving her a fake stable, she wouldn't have that problem. Now, she's randy orton to becky's cena Not the worst place to be but not a bad place to be either.

·
Since Day One
9,843 Posts
Why not? Every other woman except her has been directionless at times.
Because you’re wasting the value of her credibility by not putting her in positions to help get other people over (i.e. Becky Lynch). What “other women” have to go through shouldn’t matter in this context, especially if you want to pride yourself as someone who gets wrestling and booking better than the suits. People get (justifiably) upset when it looks like someone like Brock Lesnar steamrolls through the entire roster for years, only to disappear without giving anyone else the rub or just float around aimlessly with no chance of a positive impact on anyone who could benefit.

Throwing out the baby with the bathwater is never a good idea, especially in a company that’s starving for real stars within a division that’s paper thin and shackled down by unnecessary championships.

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
Because you’re wasting the value of her credibility by not putting her in positions to help get other people over (i.e. Becky Lynch). What “other women” have to go through shouldn’t matter in this context, especially if you want to pride yourself as someone who gets wrestling and booking better than the suits. People get (justifiably) upset when it looks like someone like Brock Lesnar steamrolls through the entire roster for years, only to disappear without giving anyone else the rub or just float around aimlessly with no chance of a positive impact on anyone who could benefit.

Throwing out the baby with the bathwater is never a good idea, especially in a company that’s starving for real stars within a division that’s paper thin and shackled down by unnecessary championships.
Thanks for the thoughtful response. I get where you are coming from now.

However, my reasoning is that they wouldn't have to be so heavily reliant on Charlotte to the point of turning off fans if they had built up other people in the division as well. She's wasn't the only over woman they had over the past 3 years. The reason why the division is thin is because they only ever devote their energies to consistently giving Charlotte more focus than anyone else.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
1,726 Posts
Sounds like Corey is just marking for her to dominate the entire Women's division again, She's more than capable of taking a brief backseat to someone else.
I think it's because of other people's in

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
1,726 Posts
Sorry @Twisted Blissfit; I didn't mean to put that on your post .

I heard there pairing Charlotte and Becky v Kabuki Warriors at TLC in the first ever tag team division TLC Match, thus making her and becky grand slam champs if they win , which would be Vince way of saying to her sorry I know Becky's been pushed to no1 but your still my favourite God damn it!!

Peace .

Attachments

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Out of all the women you chould have chosen to bitch about how their booked Corey choose...Charlotte Flair?

Charlaire has been pushed beyond the moon. Shes the most pushed woman on the entire roster.

Just this year alone...
Forced way into championship match WM35
1of 3 women to headline and main event first ever womens main event at WM35
9 times champ at MOTB
Defeated Trish Stratus at SS
10 champ at HIAC
Team Captain for Raw
Match after match with Asuka and Kairi, some of the best womens wrestlers today.

And you dont like her booking?

What about Naomi,Ember, Mandy and Sonya, Bayley with this heel turn?

You cant complain about Charlaire's booking when others cant get past chapter 1 and she's on chapter 365 of her booking

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
1,726 Posts
Who's complaining?? I'm not complaining in think u misunderstood my post dude . I think Charlotte will go down in history as the greatest wwe woman's sports entertainment worker of all time. Read my Sig who's in it Charlotte! Along with gailnkim , Becky etc .

I was taking the piss in my post as if I were Vince and h totally misunderstood me ,

I get a lot if shit for saying Charlotte's better than Becky in every way except on the Mic, if she hadn't of been in wm35 the match wouldn't have been as good it's still my fav woman's match of the year in wwe .

I hope if rumours are true she n Becky do beztcaskua n Kairi so she gets the woman's version of the grand slam , there's only one other person who's going to break her dad's 16 time world champ records ( which really is 23 , if u watch her dad's doc on ESPN 30 F0R 30 , he explains it) that is John Cena , Charlotte has done a lot in such a short space of time people envy her and personally if she wasn't as good as she is , no matter her second name flehir thatschiw it's spelt proper I think she wouldn't have got a push ie look at David flair he tried and justvdidng have the talent .

You totally misunderstood me ,

Peace .
l

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
1,726 Posts
Excuse my grammar ☝

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
1,726 Posts
Who's complaining?? I'm not complaining in think u misunderstood my post dude . I think Charlotte will go down in history as the greatest wwe woman's sports entertainment worker of all time. Read my Sig who's in it Charlotte! Along with gailnkim , Becky etc .

I was taking the piss in my post as if I were Vince and h totally misunderstood me ,

I get a lot if shit for saying Charlotte's better than Becky in every way except on the Mic, if she hadn't of been in wm35 the match wouldn't have been as good it's still my fav woman's match of the year in wwe .

I hope if rumours are true she n Becky do win against Kabuki warriors so she gets the woman's version of the grand slam , there's only one other person who's going to break her dad's 16 time world champ records ( which really is 23 , if u watch her dad's doc on ESPN 30 F0R 30 , he explains it) that is John Cena , Charlotte has done a lot in such a short space of time people envy her and personally if she wasn't as good as she is , no matter her second name flehir thats how it's spelt proper I think , she wouldn't have got a push ie look at David flair he tried and just didn't have the talent .

You totally misunderstood me ,

Peace . View attachment 81179 l

·
Southern Pride
2,900 Posts
Lets see..

Becky won the Royal Rumble match, won in the WrestleMania main event to become Becky 2 Belts and has remained strong since then.

Bayley has been the Smackdown Womens Champ for a chunk of the year (along with one half of the tag team Champions) after she won the MITB match. They even turned her heel and gave the title back to her. All of that has included beating Charlotte at least 3 times. Charlotte even has done the "trips, hits head on turnbuckle" spot so many times this year with Bayley while putting Bayley over.

Sasha left after WrestleMania for months. Other women got hurt and disappeared after WrestleMania. Alexa Bliss had a constant concussion problem.

So i'm trying to figure out how Charlotte has been booked as the strongest woman on the roster and "steamrolls over everyone". Bayley probably still has a much better win/loss record than anyone else in the Womens Division.

Charlotte hasn't won a singles match in 2 months. Her last singles win was at HIAC. Since then shes lost to Bayley, Becky and Asuka in singles matches.

Must y'all keep repeating the same things that just isn't true?

Charlotte even disappeared for a month earlier this year when they had already started pushing Bayley on Smackdown.

Graves is right. Especially when they were pairing her with Natalya for no good reason at all. Just randomly having them tag team together.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts