Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Is she though? I've seen Bray and Roman get a lot of big pops whenever I've watched and from what I've read her matches are pretty dead these days.

She has fickle smarks behind her, while Roman is untouchable among families/casual crowds. His look and character appeals to them.
  1. Becky chants almost every time shes on the mic. Pops when she wins.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Probably doesn't help that the NXT women's division is so far ahead of the main roster. They also have not built any new challengers to the titles & its the same handful. The titles need to change hands a lot more often than they currently do to keep things fresh & that's not just for the women's division.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,483 Posts
She's been consistent since her rise from Summerslam 2018 whether some like it or not, What Corey or other people say is just an opinion when the majority still clamor to Becky Lynch to this day, The one thing critics will say is she never made stars out of others when booking is the sole enemy of a wrestlers momentum in the first place go figure...

Few are as consistent with their material every week like Becky who actually tries to bounce against the corporate wall just to give fans something to talk about, If that's not dedication then I don't know what is.

She gave Sasha relevance last year despite the cooldown of the latter upon being drafted to Smackdown is that really Becky's fault entirely? No, She tried to work with a green ass Lacey for 4 damn months yet couldn't make her look any better despite being rushed early in a prominent position is that solely Becky's fault? No, She's given us something to care for while feuding with Asuka who could have still been an afterthought, Sounds like she's more valuable of a talent that some give her credit for.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Fans getting tired of Becky? She's one of the most over people on the main roster and that's despite WWE trying to cool her off with that lousy Road to Wrestlemania. They've done a poor job booking Becky's Championship run, it's actually one of the weaker Raw Women title runs even if it still isn't as awful and destructive as Ronda's with Alexa's and Charlotte's run still being the best. But to be fair, after the women lost all their credibility because of Ronda there really wasn't much of a division left for Becky to work with.

·
Fearless University Graduate
14,977 Posts
Maybe Ronda doesn't want to work with her anymore (still not sure why Ronda doesn't want to come back to kick off a program with her, Ronda looks healthy right now) and they are preparing fans for another Charlotte push back to the top

I'm starting to think Ronda may be deliberately stumping Becky's reign for payback on Becky for all the trash talk Becky threw at her last year.

I can't be the only one who wondered if Ronda might not have been legit triggered by some of those tweets.
Ummm...Ronda's focusing on starting a family, so Id put the tin foil hat and smark nonsense away.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Yeah I highly doubt that fans are getting tired of her when she's still one of the most over people on the roster and she's still the most over woman. She gets consistently good reactions every single week, she's entertaining to watch , still gets "Becky" chants and the last couple of weeks has brought back her cocky edge. What's not to like?

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
1,923 Posts
Don't worry Ruby Riott is back in time to make the champ look good just before Wrestlmania, in what has essentially become a tradition at this point.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I've been tired of her for a long time, although I was never her biggest fan anyway.

The shit she's doing now is stale and pretty awful, her segment on Monday was lame. She should absolutely be dropping the title to Asuka, but you know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Modern fans get tired of babyfaces after a month. The fact that she is still over at all after a year in a half is honestly a testament to how good she is. Combine that with the fact that she was saddled with having terrible feuds with the likes of Lacey Evans and I honestly think she is doing just fine. How many babyfaces are getting better reactions than her right now?

I wouldn't change a thing about her right now. Maybe take the title off her and put it on Sasha or Baszler, but other than that she is doing just fine. A little tweak here and there couldn't hurt I guess.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Corey Graves believes ...

Does anybody really care? He is a guy sitting there and repeating, what Vince screams into his ears. Then he tries to start controversies with other commentators and wrestlers, just to get attention. If we remember how "great" he managed the situation with his wife and Carmella ...
Apparently people do since this is a topic

·
14,977 Posts
She's been consistent since her rise from Summerslam 2018 whether some like it or not, What Corey or other people say is just an opinion when the majority still clamor to Becky Lynch to this day, The one thing critics will say is she never made stars out of others when booking is the sole enemy of a wrestlers momentum in the first place go figure...

Few are as consistent with their material every week like Becky who actually tries to bounce against the corporate wall just to give fans something to talk about, If that's not dedication then I don't know what is.

She gave Sasha relevance last year despite the cooldown of the latter upon being drafted to Smackdown is that really Becky's fault entirely? No, She tried to work with a green ass Lacey for 4 damn months yet couldn't make her look any better despite being rushed early in a prominent position is that solely Becky's fault? No, She's given us something to care for while feuding with Asuka who could have still been an afterthought, Sounds like she's more valuable of a talent that some give her credit for.
Sasha's return and heel turn is what made Sasha relevant again. Then jobbing to Becky despite being the hotter act at the time was what started her cooldown. Its not Becky's fault, but no one comes out of a feud with Becky with any kind of relevance or credibility because she just steamrolls everyone. Its the only way WWE knows how to book top Babyfaces; have then wreck everyone they face then move onto the next victim.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,483 Posts
Sasha's return and heel turn is what made Sasha relevant again. Then jobbing to Becky despite being the hotter act at the time was what started her cooldown. Its not Becky's fault, but no one comes out of a feud with Becky with any kind of relevance or credibility because she just steamrolls everyone. Its the only way WWE knows how to book top Babyfaces; have then wreck everyone they face then move onto the next victim.
Sasha's Heel turn required a high profile program upon returning and Becky gave her the needed relevance to prevent the turn being flat is what I meant, Sasha was on a roll immediately after she returned but if she was planted in filler programs with someone like say Natayla or any Lower Tier performer she would have cooled off much quicker, She needed to capitalize on her new role change and actually beat Becky which should have happened at HIAC to avoid this problem then you get why she cooled off considerably.

·
14,977 Posts
Sasha's Heel turn required a high profile program upon returning and Becky gave her the needed relevance to prevent the turn being flat is what I meant, Sasha was on a roll immediately after she returned but if she was planted in filler programs with someone like say Natayla or any Lower Tier performer she would have cooled off much quicker, She needed to capitalize on her new role change and actually beat Becky which should have happened at HIAC to avoid this problem then you get why she cooled off considerably.
The problem lies in the fact that she returned, turned heel and then immediately was jobbed out to Becky. As soon as popular her momentum was squandered and we just got more Becky Lynch doing what she's done for long enough.

·
FOTC
10,333 Posts
Becky's fans aren't getting tired of her. She probably has the most loyal and passionate fans around. The rest of the fans are probably indifferent to her. The good thing for Becky is that there are three Women's Championions on the main roster -- so people don't focus much on her dominance. The bad thing for Becky is that her title run will soon be overshadowed by the NXT Women's Championship picture. One year of her run and somehow the NXT Women's Division is more relevant than the division she claimed she would elevate.

Regarding Sasha's return: Sasha was relevant when she attacked Nattie. Becky had NOTHING to do with it. In fact, Sasha would've been better off NOT going after the title upon returning.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Corey Graves believes ...

Does anybody really care? He is a guy sitting there and repeating, what Vince screams into his ears. Then he tries to start controversies with other commentators and wrestlers, just to get attention.
He's just posting clickbait to get attention for his podcast.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,822 Posts
yes maybe, but honestly who on the roster is a better alternative atm? she will definitely hold it til mania and who knows who challenges, maybe bazler.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
This is will be always happen everytime WWE make the underdog as champion, they don't have clue or next phase strategy,just let the champion walk in into arena with doing nothing or have bad direction, Eddie and Benoit win the big times in early 2004, everyone look happy but after WM20,their booking look like sh*t, Daniel Bryan also have same path,Kofi and now Becky, she practically only have one good match after win WM35 and it was Sasha who carry that feud.

Sometimes I'm more exciting see wrestlers without the championship belt but can deliver the storyline, Eddie after lost the title have great program with Kurt then in 2005 with Rey and Batista.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts