Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In reading this article, which they made from Corey's After the Bell, he's basing this off almost if not all entirely from the fan reaction after she won at Royal Rumble against Asuka.

Here's my take on that- Asuka is a huge fan favorite no matter who you put Asuka up agaisnt and many in the Stadium wanted to see Asuka win and become Asuka 2 belts and get the Grand Slam accolade.

I like Becky but I like Asuka more.

Now it is a little hard to judge this cause yeah I do agree Becky goes from hot to lukewarm back to hot to lukewarm during the whole WM35 build and beyond with 3 months with Lacey Evans, a one off with Natalya.

But how much is that creatives fault vs Becky's own fault.

Graves also said fans began to get tired of Ronda to near the end.

Im baffled why fans booed Ronda at Survivor Series. Dont know what she did there wrong.

What say you wrestling forum?

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
If his solution to Becky cooling off a bit is to put that focus on Charolette? No thanks. Fuck off forever plz.

Asuka? Ember Moon? Sasha? Hell even a bit of a run for Shayna? I'm fine with it.

·
Fearless University Graduate
14,977 Posts
She's been doing the same song and dance for what feels like an eternity already with no growth or development since she became 'The Man'. Her push has exposed that she's not actually that good of a Pro Wrestler and she steamrolls everyone she feuds with, repeatedly. Of course people are getting tired of her.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
2,656 Posts
Corey Graves believes ...

Does anybody really care? He is a guy sitting there and repeating, what Vince screams into his ears. Then he tries to start controversies with other commentators and wrestlers, just to get attention. If we remember how "great" he managed the situation with his wife and Carmella ...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Corey Graves believes ...

Does anybody really care? He is a guy sitting there and repeating, what Vince screams into his ears. Then he tries to start controversies with other commentators and wrestlers, just to get attention. If we remember how "great" he managed the situation with his wife and Carmella ...
I don't believe anything Graves spews out, because it's mostly the company telling him feed into whatever the fans are. Cause one week he complains about something, and the following week surprisingly they fixed it. That's odd right?

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,173 Posts
He reactions are not what they used to be I do agree. That’s on creative though. Coming out of Wrestlemania, she had no one to feud with. And this is after they refused to give us Rousey vs Becky 1v1. If she doesn’t have a villain to play off of, then why would anyone continue to care?

All of her feuds have been lazily put together and lackluster. We were all excited for the Sasha Banks feud, and even though we got 2 great matches out of it, it wasn’t a real feud. There was no real storyline behind it, they just threw the matches together with as least effort as possible. Her charisma is the reason why she stayed so over for so long.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Maybe Ronda doesn't want to work with her anymore (still not sure why Ronda doesn't want to come back to kick off a program with her, Ronda looks healthy right now) and they are preparing fans for another Charlotte push back to the top

I'm starting to think Ronda may be deliberately stumping Becky's reign for payback on Becky for all the trash talk Becky threw at her last year.

I can't be the only one who wondered if Ronda might not have been legit triggered by some of those tweets.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Meanwhile the boss tweets that she's only getting started...

In all honesty though, Becky has been champ for close to a year, and due to the constant overexposure you get as a top tier wwe talent, it's VERY hard to keep people interested that long.

Probably even harder for the women, since the pool of potential challengers/fresh programs is much smaller than the male roster.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Usually I dont agree with Graves. Like Charlottes bad booking haha fucking please man.

But here yeah he does have a point here, and its not entirely Becky fault.

During her run from SummerSlam 2018 till the day after Royal Rumble 19 on Raw Becky was on a hot streak that whole period. Even when she made fun of Edges neck and retirement the fans loudly cheered when I thought for sure they would be a huge wave of boos. Thats when I knew Becky solidly had the fans support.

Then you get to the Road of WM35. This is where the fans started to waiver and the faults not on Becky. One of worse WM builds I ever seen.

-The retarded leg injury. Which magically healed after Charlotte put her in the figure 8 😂.
- apologizing to Triple H so she could go on to WM. Becky is supposed to be a badass, "THE MAN" she's painted to be the female Stone Cold. Stone Cold would have flipped the bird to H, stunner him, and still go on to headline WM.

There's more to say and beyond WM but I dont want to make this post to long but the constat fighting and pairing with Charlotte is a factor to.

Shayna might be the one to get the fans to behind and invest in Becky again

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
She's been champ forever with no character development in a dead division with no challengers. Of course people are gonna get bored of her.

I don't care about anything she does right now, the Asuka feud was good and well told, but was about 6 months too late. The Sasha feud was decent, but should have been longer. Other than that her reign has been a waste of time. Not her fault, but she's had some real boring uninspired booking.

One thing I will say is she has done VERY well to remain fairly over for this long without any fan backlash in the arenas. Almost impossible for the top babyface this day and age. I'd like to see a big change for her anyway, because it's boring this same shit all the time.

·
Baby Yoda
29,153 Posts
She's not very good and the fans are starting to realize it.

Once the next hot thing appears they'll turn on her and jump bandwagons.

Rinse and repeat.

At least Becky got a WM ME out of it even though it was only because of Ronda.

Maybe Ronda doesn't want to work with her anymore (still not sure why Ronda doesn't want to come back to kick off a program with her, Ronda looks healthy right now) and they are preparing fans for another Charlotte push back to the top

I'm starting to think Ronda may be deliberately stumping Becky's reign for payback on Becky for all the trash talk Becky threw at her last year.

I can't be the only one who wondered if Ronda might not have been legit triggered by some of those tweets.
Ronda is the only reason Becky got relevant.

If she's out another year, Becky's match with Ronda wont mean shit and which ever women smarks are behind then will want to see that instead. She's already fallen off a cliff from what I've seen here and there, her buzz has disappeared.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Meanwhile the boss tweets that she's only getting started...

In all honesty though, Becky has been champ for close to a year, and due to the constant overexposure you get as a top tier wwe talent, it's VERY hard to keep people interested that long.

Probably even harder for the women, since the pool of potential challengers/fresh programs is much smaller than the male roster.
This exactly. It’s just natural that this happens. If people are bored with becky. Imagine any other woman being in her spot for a year. People would go crazy from boredom.

Honestly I don’t really have an answer for the Becky situation. I mean what do you do with her.

·
Baby Yoda
29,153 Posts
almost 1.5 years and she's STILL getting big reactions. That's a hell of an accomplishment...and that's with pretty bland booking in 2019.
Is she though? I've seen Bray and Roman get a lot of big pops whenever I've watched and from what I've read her matches are pretty dead these days.

She has fickle smarks behind her, while Roman is untouchable among families/casual crowds. His look and character appeals to them.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts