Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Smark favorite Joe. Geek favorite Ricochet. Guess what happens? "Go away heat" Corbin gets dualing chants and wins to a massive pop. Safe to say my boy is finally over. Big Banter Corbin worked everyone so much the past few months he went ahead and got himself over. Here's a preview for Sunday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZgquAel2rM&feature=youtu.be

·
Southern Pride
3,211 Posts
I will say that it is MSG. Hard to determine anything with the crowd at MSG.

Corbin was already over before RAW last night anyway.

·
Banned
155 Posts
They probably cheered for Baron Corbin because he wears a tank top in the ring now. It's much better than the bartender attire.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Wins to a massive pop? I only watched the highlights on youtube, but I saw him win and the crowd deflate. You know, cause the heel won.

I swear to God some folks on this forum need a reality check.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wins to a massive pop? I only watched the highlights on youtube, but I saw him win and the crowd deflate. You know, cause the heel won.

I swear to God some folks on this forum need a reality check.
I watched the show. Corbin got cheered throughout the match and won to a pop. If WWE edited their Youtube video its because...oh right, because he's a heel. Don't question something you didn't even watch live.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,252 Posts
I'm confused why are we celebrating a heel being cheered? Aren't heels meant to get heat not pops?
In theory, but just like being great in the ring thesedays means being a spot monkey who cant tell a story in the ring, heel work has changed. Even really great heels get cheered because they're cool thesedays. As long as Corbin doesn't reach Kevin Owens levels where he starts desperately fishing for cheers and pops then Corbin is fine, and doing good heel work. It just gets appreciated thesedays.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
In theory, but just like being great in the ring thesedays means being a spot monkey who cant tell a story in the ring, heel work has changed. Even really great heels get cheered because they're cool thesedays. As long as Corbin doesn't reach Kevin Owens levels where he starts desperately fishing for cheers and pops then Corbin is fine, and doing good heel work. It just gets appreciated thesedays.
Then begrudgingly clap, nod with with a frustrated look on your face. Don't fist pump and jump around like idiot monkeys.

There's ways to appreciate a performance without shitting on the narrative. Look at MJF he gets genuine heat and the crowds love to boo him with smiles on their faces.

Don't cheer the heels. I know nowadays people in general aren't black and white, people flock to joker movies and love the morally ambiguous characters. But for fucks sake play along!

Corbins a true heel and he should have immediately shut those cheers up. Gotten on the mic, berated the crowd, ripped up a sign.

The only good thing about Corbin is his a heel who gets genuine heat. You pop for the guy you kill him.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Then begrudgingly clap, nod with with a frustrated look on your face. Don't fist pump and jump around like idiot monkeys.

There's ways to appreciate a performance without shitting on the narrative. Look at MJF he gets genuine heat and the crowds love to boo him with smiles on their faces.

Don't cheer the heels. I know nowadays people in general aren't black and white, people flock to joker movies and love the morally ambiguous characters. But for fucks sake play along!

Corbins a true heel and he should have immediately shut those cheers up. Gotten on the mic, berated the crowd, ripped up a sign.

The only good thing about Corbin is his a heel who gets genuine heat. You pop for the guy you kill him.

Knowing Vince Elias will win tonight and Shane will replace him in the finals. King Shane goes against Corbin and BC turns face.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Yeah he is and its good to see it happening. They changed his ring attire that was a big step in the right direction.

I love Corbin he has it all and I hope he wins KOTR, this is a guy I used to dislike a lot but he's come a long way. He's one of the best heels they have.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Knowing Vince Elias will win tonight and Shane will replace him in the finals. King Shane goes against Corbin and BC turns face.
Gonna have to if the fans keep cheering. Edge got cheers regardless of what he did towards the end, ortons at that stage same with miz. Veteran reactions I'm fine with. I appreciate if they get the desired reaction like with Jericho.

But Corbin hasn't earned that status yet. Until then be the puppet master don't be the puppet. Fans have a say always of course but barons a heel, his not showing redeemable qualities so kill those cheers dead

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,252 Posts

Its just not the way it is anymore, and I think there's too many side issues as well.

Like the babyfaces in WWE are all bland, boring, perfect people with no flaws who endlessly win all the time. While the heels endlessly job and get outsmarted and get their asses kicked constantly. The heels are more relatable than the bland as hell babyfaces are.

As long as Corbin doesn't start sucking up to the fans and fishing for cheers like Owens always did he's fine.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I guess the old man (Vince) was right about him all along. King Corbin should be a good gimmick if they do it right and not overbook him like they have in the past.

·
Registered
808 Posts
One group of dumbasses, once, cheering him doesn't make him over. There are crowds that have cheered for a lot of random shit that never gets over anywhere else.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they cheered just because Ricochet didn't win. ~______~
The New York crowd has long been the "measuring stick" of whether someone is over or not. He surprisingly was over at MSG and Vince will run with it whether he hears crickets when Corbin walks through the curtain in every other building in the world.

·
Asuka
96,541 Posts
The New York crowd has long been the "measuring stick" of whether someone is over or not. He surprisingly was over at MSG and Vince will run with in whether he hears crickets when Corbin walks through the curtain in every other building in the world.
He was going to run with Corbin anyway, regardless of the reaction, like he always does, so......:shrug

Not exactly relevant.

And I would say the measuring stick is constant overness week after week, which Corbin has never been shown to have. Even if he somehow got it, I only care about the push, not how much noise people make.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts