Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Re: Cop forgets where she lives, shoots & kills someone

You know, this reminds me of a certain film we've got broadcast on TV every New Year's Eve. A bloke gets into a wrong flat by mistake, and it ends up as a light romcom. This, though, sounds like an awfully American version of it.

·
Premium Member
18,745 Posts

Did she think the victim changed the locks in her door or something?

·
Registered
7,143 Posts

Is America's police department hiring retarded people in an effort to be more "inclusive" or something?

60,001 Posts

I wonder why she hasn't been charged yet? I am one who tends to give the police the benefit of the doubt, but there is no grey area here. I cannot begin to imagine being killed for the "crime" of living in your own domicile. This is truly a tragedy.

·
Bleep, bloop, bloam, goodbye to your home.
7,735 Posts

Please stop handing out police badges from cereal boxes. Or atleast make a note that the badge ain't real.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,029 Posts

Manslaughter should be a relatively easy charge by which to prosecute her.

Also, not to dissuade anyone who believes that this is an elaborate conspiracy by the cop but, helping out a friend who's had a few run-ins with the police, once he was cited for a particular crime and the cop (another woman for full disclosure's sake) had to send him three different citations in the mail because she had, with the first two, written out the wrong citation statute code number. A few years later he was cited for something else, this time in San Francisco, by another cop (another woman for full disclosure's sake) and the same thing happened. It sounds beyond the breaking point of credulity but it is appalling just how incompetent a lot of cops are. As crazy as this story in Dallas is she just might be that dumb. Reportedly she was checked immediately for alcohol or drug content in her blood. More will doubtless be revealed soon.

·
Premium Member
19,332 Posts

the manslaughter charge doesn't surprise me at all.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,329 Posts

the manslaughter charge doesn't surprise me at all.
Manslaughter was a good call, half the time they go for some really top tier charge and it never sticks because it doesn't fit the criteria of the crime.

At least this way some justice is done and she'll never be a Cop again.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts

She should definitely be jailed for a long time. This is pathetic.

·
Banned
1,431 Posts

Well I didn't read the entire story although its hard to believe that either A this is fake news or B something is going on that we are not being made aware of such as drug or alcohol use or C who the heck knows

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts

Manslaughter in the first degree can carry a significant sentence. Dunno what specifically she's been charged with though. Drug and alcohol tests were administered but the results have not immediately been released. That will get out soon whether released or leaked.

Read one of the prosecutors is unhappy with the charges and thinks they should be more serious. A private citizen that did this would be looking at enough charges to potentially go to the clink for 20+ years if convicted at trial with a mean DA and a mean judge. I suspect this cop is looking at less than half that if she lost at trial. Plea bargains would significantly reduce any eventual sentence in either situation ofc

·
From parts unknown
23,257 Posts

·
Registered
6,694 Posts

Apparently ...

WTF ...?

She entered his home without a warrant and expected him to comply ...

She's gonna get off with nothing. Trust me on this. They're not going to make an example of her at all.
It's just crazy. Of course he didn't fucking comply, some crazy person broke into his house and pointed a gun at him, he was probably in shock and then she killed him. Of course she'll get off, it's what happens apparently. Fucking absolute unadulterated insanity. Since when was "my bad" a valid defence for murder? There shouldn't even be a trial, she confessed to the crime. All she needs is to enter a plea and be sentenced.

·
From parts unknown
23,257 Posts

It's just crazy. Of course he didn't fucking comply, some crazy person broke into his house and pointed a gun at him, he was probably in shock and then she killed him. Of course she'll get off, it's what happens apparently. Fucking absolute unadulterated insanity. Since when was "my bad" a valid defence for murder? There shouldn't even be a trial, she confessed to the crime. All she needs is to enter a plea and be sentenced.
Let's wait and see. There are plenty of cops in prison for murder / manslaughter etc. They just don't get talked about as much as the ones that get off. It doesn't make for a good story.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts

Let's wait and see. There are plenty of cops in prison for murder / manslaughter etc. They just don't get talked about as much as the ones that get off. It doesn't make for a good story.
I'll wait with baited breath. It doesn't really make it any less insane regardless to be honest.

21 - 40 of 188 Posts