Wrestling Forum banner

Coolest Wrestlers to Meet

4264 Views 20 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  Mojo Stark
From your own experience and/or from what you've seen from video, who do you think are the nicest/coolest wrestlers to meet? I've been watching meet and greet videos on Youtube for like half an hour and some seem bored and/or uninterested. However, guys like Cena, Punk, and Show seem pretty cool to meet. They always seem happy to be there.

I ask this because I hope to one day go to a fan axxess event and maybe meet a few of the wrestlers, but I don't want an awkward moment followed by a picture with a phony smile.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
3,763 Posts
Besides April Hunter, Mick Foley is the only wrestler, I've ever met. Since April isn't really that big of a name in the wrestling business or at least not as big as Mick. I'll just post my experience with him and this was back in March of 2007, for anybody who cares.

For this he was in Indianapolis (North Side, I believe) and he was doing the book signing for The Hardcore Diaries. Me being a fan of Foley for many years, was hell bent on going to this, one way or another. I believe he was there from 2-5 or something like that. I arrived around 3:30 and the line wasn't that bad. Maybe, about 20-25 minutes waiting in line, which for a celebrity, is not horrible. He looked kinda tired, by the time I got there. Only catch that day was you had to purchase a copy of the book (obviously), but he would also sign other pieces of merchandise. Anyways, I had about a 5-10 minute conversation with him. One of the things that I mentioned was that I loved his anti-hardcore promos in the original ECW. Don't know if he was surprised that I didn't mention KOTR1998 or not, but I feel that would be an annoying thing to talk to him about. As he probably gets that more than anything. Also, mentioned his HIAC match with Triple H was awesome and loved him as a heel for the short time last year (now 2006). Overall, he seemed like a cool guy and would really do a lot to make sure the fan leaves happy.

Above is a crappy picture from my old cell phone, from that day.

· Registered
7 Posts
Legitimately, Edge is one of the coolest guys I have ever met, my first ever show in 2005 at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, we were trying to get people to come over and sign some things and Edge pulled up in his vehicle he gets out, walks over to us and says he needs to run inside and take care of a few things and he would be back out in like 20 minutes, well we were thinking of Edge the Character not coming back out at all, but 20 minutes later without fail he came back out, took pictures signed EVERYONES things and chatted for a few minutes, very cool guy! another cool guy to meet is Rey Mysterio, he told one of the security guards who were trying to get us to go away to leave us alone because we are the ones that make them famous.

· BLUE IS BACK
15,758 Posts
Edge, Christian, Big show and foley are great to meet. My favourite would be christian, as my family is close with him. But big show is great to meet, he actually seems like he wants to talk to you and is a really nice guy

· Registered
2,645 Posts
Foley, Cena, Rock, Big Show are all known as being really nice guys so I imagine they'd be cool. Triple H, I haven't really "met", but I think he'd be really cool to meet and wouldn't act like a dick, (not that he's a really nice guy or anything), because I think he really appreciates the fans. Could be wrong, that's just been my experience with him, based on when he came out after a house show match and went around the ring making an effort to tag every single fan who was up at the barrier, even if he had to reach out over it to do so. One thing you can't take away from the guy is that, love him or hate him, he's very passionate about the business.

· Registered
1,604 Posts
ive met a few Wrestlers

Good

HHH
Booker T
William Regal
Y2J
Layla
Nash
RVD

Bad

ive only had 1 bad experience with a Wrestler and he was rumored to be a complete tool and i can confirm that he is and that is Raven my god is this guy an Asshole or what he told a load of fans who had stood in the freezing cold for about an hour after a house show to F off the rest of the guys said hi and signed some Autographs tho so it wasn't all bad .

i have met more but most didn't have the time to stop to talk to much id really like to meet Wade one day my friend met him at a house show late last year and said he was really cool .

· Mamba Mentality
25,255 Posts
The wrestlers I've met at various WrestleMania weekend events are cool - Rey Mysterio (the man genuinely seems like he cares about his fans), Bret Hart, Jack Swagger, Dusty Rhodes, Jim Duggan, Beth Phoenix, Tiffany, Daniel Bryan (all smiles), Mr. Kennedy had a little fun with me because I'm from Chicago, and CM Punk was pretty cool too when I met him. Edge was nice enough to sign an autograph for me when he had to go take part in another activity at Axxess.

· Cult of Personality
273 Posts
I met The Miz in 2009 when he was US Champion and he was really nice, it was an autograph signing and I got there early, which was lucky, because there were heaps of people lined people and most of them didn't get photos but the first few did.

· Registered
497 Posts
I met steve austin, he was a really serious guy and barely made eye contact with the people he was signing for. Seemed like a jerk. Made you afraid to even say a word to him, i know i didnt, i just got my autograph and left.
I got that same vibe when I met him. Then again it could've been because I was a 5 foot nothing 12 year old at the time. Maybe had I been older I would've been able to actually hold a conversation with him even if for a minute or two.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.