Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Stomping Scrawny Vanilla Midgetesses
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Naomi is marketed to be more of a veteran and Lana wrestled 2 matches and so it makes sense that Lana gets destroyed in that time.

I know I asked for the match to happen at MITB, but I only did it because I wanted Naomi to just have a showcase defense at MITB.

The match at MITB was something that should be reserved more often in developmental territories, not main roster TV, so can we please just get to a real more competitive SDL Women's Title feud now? We have 5 women who went through hell in 2 ladder matches persay to the story and I think it's time to move onto one of them for the title.

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
Baby Yoda
30,260 Posts
More shit on the women fpalm

This company and fanbase fucking sucks.

They're catering to a bunch of pansies and feminists who love mediocre women's wrestling and pretend that it's of a passable standard. It's because of this the WWE will never be mainstream again. Nothing organic or genuine about anything the company does. It's all about publicity and attempting to get into markets they wont see a cent from.

·
I swear to god I had something for this...
3,755 Posts
There won't be any good title feud until Naomi isn't champion. She's awful & incapable of having a good title worthy feud. It should tell you how backwards they have things right now when the championship match is a match that shouldn't even be on TV. While all of the actual entertaining wrestlers are off doing something else on the show.

·
Stomping Scrawny Vanilla Midgetesses
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There won't be any good title feud until Naomi isn't champion. She's awful & incapable of having a good title worthy feud. It should tell you how backwards they have things right now when the championship match is a match that shouldn't even be on TV. While all of the actual entertaining wrestlers are off doing something else on the show.
I don't really have a problem with Naomi as champ. She's actually pretty over for a babyface champion. If it were announced like next week that Becky was getting a title shot against Naomi at Battleground or something, I'd be looking forward to it. When Naomi was feuding with Charlotte, it was actually going pretty well before the interruption from the Welcoming Committee. Even the build between Naomi/Carmella is actually kind of fun when Carmella was getting Naomi's number in tag matches. So it's not impossible, just pick someone that can actually, ya know "work" and feel like a competitive level to the champ.

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,025 Posts
The only good thing I can say about Naomi is her athleticism, everything about her screams mediocrity. Just let the title move on to another person and let us have a decent feud already.

Reactions: Ace

·
Madness is the emergency exit
2,826 Posts
Too bad they gave Carmella the MitB, instead of Becky. Only Becky or Charlotte could bring dignity to that title. I like Naomi, and she's doing good, but it'll all go back to 0 when Carmella is champion. And I like Carmella too. But liking someone and thinking they should be champion are not the same thing. At least Alexa is gone tho.

Reactions: Airstyles77

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
17,365 Posts
Naomi hadn't had a decent feud since Alexa Bliss. As for this little match, it should have not been on free fucking TV. It should have been at another pay per view. Instead we got this. Lana only had 2 main title matches, she still has a lot to learn so I will not write her off like people who have given up on talents.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
that actually was the right booking. GET THIS STUPID DANCING THEME/GIMMICK OFF of LANA and let her just be a ravishing russian. That's it. she's a ravisihing russian...that's a great gimmick.

and build her as an UNDERDOG! No one takes her seriously. Holy crap, that would get over so easily considering how over she already is.

·
Registered
764 Posts
it seems kind of genuine this way, at MITB, lana was the unknown commodity that is why she was relatively competitive , but he second encounter exposed her inexperience
good straightforward storytelling

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
The thing is the only worthy opponents for Naomi are Becky and Charlotte who are both babyfaces. Not counting Carmella because she has the briefcase. Nattie or Tamina vs Naomi would be horrible feuds.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I liked the two matches Naomi had with Charlotte on Smackdown. But now that Charlotte is face I'm not sure how that can work. I was really hoping Asuka had lost the NXT women's title by now so she can be called up to work a program with Naomi. Maybe she can pull a Kevin Owens.

I've actually enjoyed Naomi's run so far as champion. To the people criticizing her saying that she hasn't had a good feud: well of course, because aside from Lana she hasn't had a true one-on-one feud yet. For a good month it was Naomi and company taking on "The Welcoming Committee" and then she had that rushed feud with Lana who is an inexperienced worker. Give her someone like Natalya, Becky, or Charlotte and they'll get the ball rolling on that title program.

Who would have thought that Neville and Naomi would be the strongest booked champions. Naomi ate two or three pins in the last few months but it hasn't hurt her. Naomi has been presented as a dominant champion and I love it. We need more of that.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Naomi haters all abroad. LOL Seethe. She is so over and still your champion. Give Natalya a shot to chase the belt since she's a heel and can handle Naomi high level wrestling style

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
I was hoping for Lana to win. Her getting absolutely destroyed didnt sit too well with me. The thing with Naomi is, she isnt bad but she is not good enough to be a champion either.

Give Charlotte that championship already dammit!

·
Banned
6,405 Posts
I was enjoying watching Charlotte vs. Naomi. They should have continued this rivalry and put the briefcase on someone who would be on Naomi's side against Charlotte, testing her loyalty, like Lynch for example.

·
I will make something truly astonishing!
4,218 Posts
Naomi's run so far has been boring, but that's WWE booking in a nutshell.

I don't hate her, I don't like her.. I just don't care about anything they've done with her.

Squashing Lana like that did nothing good for either of them particularly after the half decent match at the PPV.

·
Registered
16,471 Posts
Cool, they killed the most over woman on their roster. I understand Lana not being a great wrestler, but why the fuck would they put her in this situation in the first place? It does NOTHING for her character other than make her look like a complete Geek.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts