Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New poster here what happened last night, why were two men fighting over Paper on the floor. Why couldn't one of them just grab the contract and win the match, it's an contract on a pole match once you get it off the pole you win. That segment had me :lmao: WTF,after that why have Sheamus come out and announce it will be an triple threat match on Smackdown.Just have Vickie announce that it would be triple threat match, when both Dolph and Alberto were backstage with her instead of that garbage WTF was that.You put two of your best wrestlers in an contract on an pole match,I understand if it was Big Show and Brodus Clay in that match but it was not it was Del Rio VS Ziggler.That Contract was slippery any cricket fans you will understand this, when I say that they made Asian cricket players look good with the way the could not hold the contract.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
A lot of the people around here seem to think that the contract falling was a botch and that ADR and Ziggler were just going with it. The way it was dragged out seemed to indicate that they were just trying to make the match last a little longer. Nothing about the match or its finish made sense. "On a pole" matches are not only an awful gimmick, but seem to fail quite a bit. Why it couldn't have been a ladder match or anything but an "on a pole" match is beyond me. Then after the big F-U of the two guys fumbling with a clipboard, we get told that the match means absolutely nothing because it's a triple threat.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
My guess is also the contract falling off the pole was a botch and everything else was to cover that.

·
Munster Mash
3,975 Posts
The second they begin comically going after the contract, I knew it was gonna become a triple threat match.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
"They need to CONTROL the contract!"
Say wut? I never knew that rule exists. Anyway, like previous posters said, possibly a way to cover up a botched slipping contract

·
Registered
12,936 Posts
Well, it was definitely no Judy Bagwell on a pole match but...

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
It was awesome to be honest. Made for a good laugh with them rolling around trying to hold the paper.

"YOU HAVE TO CONTROL THE CONTRACT" :lmao

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
It was probably a botch, but either way it was hilariously bad you had to laugh

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
were they trying to make the title seem important for once? it was a corny way to do it, but it was entertaining. it was something i havent seen before..or at least i dont remember seeing it.

·
#Born2Rap
5,831 Posts
I loved how Alberto could have just picked it up but he was just clearly pushing it around and fumbling with it like it was greased with oil. :lmao

·
Premium Member
19,333 Posts
It made both guys look like complete idiots so if that was the intention then mission accomplished.

Reactions: ItsWhatIdo

·
YES! YES! YES!
10,405 Posts
Pretty sure that's the rule in all these kinds of matches. I know there have been ladder matches before where one guy gets the belt down and it drops and someone else picks it up to win.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
It was for comedic purposes , the highlight when Ricardo tried to get it. It was the best comic part of the night and the wrestling involved was also the best.

·
Premium Member
44,391 Posts
It was terrible, but at least it gives Botchamania something to work with!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts