Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sting returns in the ring against Bobby Roode in a lumberjack. I think it's going to be a really entertaining match for the first Impact Live. I don't think the belt is on the line bu a lot of shit could go down in this match since every single wrestler of the roster will be around the ring. James Storm returns maybe? Should be a very fun match.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
spoilers?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
its no the main event as hogan said it will be kicking off the show ...anyways sting shouldnt be in any main events. he is well past his prime and should only be used to help young talent get over

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Isn't that exactly what he does? As long as he is not facing Roode for the WHC at Slammiversary I'm fine with it.
no not really . ever year sting has been in tna hes been in the world title picture and in the main events. and i wouldnt call losing to roode the way he lost putting him over exactly. i cant believe im going to say this but rvd put over roode better then sting ever did .

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Exactly, Sting does his job as "elder statesman" of the company perfectly. He didn't hog air time as GM snd he's not been afraid to put guys over as a wrestler.

And he's still got it in the ring, too. I think a lot of people's opinion might be tainted by the fact he was lumbered with some big matches against Flair and Hogan in recent months. After BFG (I think it was) he put on a cracking match against AJ - a real barnstormer.

I'm not a big fan of the older guys in TNA but Sting is doing everything right, as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
no not really . ever year sting has been in tna hes been in the world title picture and in the main events. and i wouldnt call losing to roode the way he lost putting him over exactly. i cant believe im going to say this but rvd put over roode better then sting ever did .
I don't think that's fair. He's not been a serious contender for a long time and he's lost to Roode how many times now? Hell, Roode even temporarily "retired" him! And he let Roode completely batter him that time he was taped to the ropes etc - Killer push for Roode as a monster heel.

I can't imagine Hogan or (even though I never watch WWE) Undertaker doing that.

Besides, as a "legend" he can't be expected to hover around the midcard... he's got to be main event and he's got to be hard to beat. Yet he has been beaten. Several times. Sting's playing it right, IMO. He's put more people over than someone like RVD, for example, and Sting is ten times the "name" than RVD is.

·
Premium Member
44,439 Posts
Its fine. Sting is best used as a special appearance guy at this point. As long as he doesn't take the title off of Roode, it'll be OK.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Sting wont win the title but he is not too old to main event. Why do some of you even focus on age? If a wrestler has skills and can move around the ring as fast as a 20 year old it should not matter how old the wrestler is. It's about being entertained and Sting is one of the few older wrestlers that has the same of more skill than wrestlers half his age. He is entertaining and has skills and that's all that counts. He is age doesn't even enter the picture for me.

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How i would book the show for may 31st:

-Impact starts with the lumberjack match. Huge brawl outside the ring leads to Jarrett making is return and helping Roode to retain is title against Sting.

-Roode goes to Hogan backstage and tells him that he will never lose the belt and no matter who he faces he will always come out on top. Roode goes to leave but Hogan stops him and tells him his night is far from over. He will be facing in the main-event in a No Disqualification non other than Hulk Hogan himself.

-Roode litteraly destroys Hogan in the match until James Storm returns and give Roode the "last call". Hogan wins and the show ends with James Storm telling Roode: See you at Slammiversary.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
- roode somehow wins the first match
- joe/magnus vs daniels/kaz rematch
- joseph park loses his shit and knocks bully ray out
- joey ryan gets a contract
- hogan announces KOTM with sting as the enforcer

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
its no the main event as hogan said it will be kicking off the show ...anyways sting shouldnt be in any main events. he is well past his prime and should only be used to help young talent get over
Man, you complain about everything dude.

Sting is still good to go, he doesn't take up much TV time, and he is useful to put over others, like he did for Roode.

He is being used to get people to tune in, as he is a big name and still a bigger draw than the majority of the roster. Its not a title match, he aint gonna win the title again, and Roode will drop it at BFG to storm.

Whats the problem?

Stinger is a legend man. I love seeing him. He has been great to TNA and deserves his spot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts