Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is with wwe recapping everything from Raw on Smackdown? i mean i understand that its wrestlemania season and theyre trying to promote every storyline as much as possible but the time that is spent recapping a John Cena/The Miz promo from Raw could be used to build up their own Smackdown storylines i mean if people are desperate to catch up on Raw then surely they'd watch the replay or Bottom Line, its really getting annoying the only recap i can understand is the Triple H/Undertaker promos considering theyre on different shows...

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
what is with wwe recapping everything from Raw on Smackdown? i mean i understand that its wrestlemania season and theyre trying to promote every storyline as much as possible but the time that is spent recapping a John Cena/The Miz promo from Raw could be used to build up their own Smackdown storylines i mean if people are desperate to catch up on Raw then surely they'd watch the replay or Bottom Line, its really getting annoying the only recap i can understand is the Triple H/Undertaker promos considering theyre on different shows...
Just quoting you to recap your post for everyone before the next reply.

In other words, agreed, fuckin' annoying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
SO TRUE.. I have been ranting about this to friends for a few weeks now. They are truly showing everyone that they think SmackDown is the "B show" as we do not get these replays of ENTIRE segments on Raw. I do hope once WrestleMania has passed that it stops and this is not going to become something we have to deal with from now on with them being stations owned by the same companies. It does make things even faster when you are watching on the DVR though.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
They been doing that, its not really new.
They want ratings for RAW but honestly if you watch SD you probably watched Raw too and thus you already saw all that stuff. Then you have wwe.com, youtube, all these other wrestling sites to tell you what happened there is no reason to recap the whole damn show on SD. But let me take it a step further: SD announcers pushing Raw storylines during a SD match is asinine but that's been happening a lot too.

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Rock returning getting recapped was fair enough because that was a huge and it shocked current fans and even the older fans tuned in to see it! but everything else like The Rock via Satelite promo isnt really as huge

p.s. The Rock is my favourite wrestler of all time before anyone comes along and translates that ^ to bashing or trolling thankyou :)

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They been doing that, its not really new.
They want ratings for RAW but honestly if you watch SD you probably watched Raw too and thus you already saw all that stuff. Then you have wwe.com, youtube, all these other wrestling sites to tell you what happened there is no reason to recap the whole damn show on SD. But let me take it a step further: SD announcers pushing Raw storylines during a SD match is asinine but that's been happening a lot too.
But not to the extent of recapping entire promos and segments to the point where you forget that youre watching Smackdown and as far as announcers pushing Raw storylines well i have two words to say to that Michael 'Freakin' Cole! well thats actually three words but you get my point lol

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
True, they've always done this on SD with the Raw Rebound or whatever, but lately they've been doing full segments over again. First of all, I could understand this if SD was on broadcast television and not cable. I went without cable for a long time a few years ago and my only source of WWE was Smackdown. I never was able to catch Raw, so I appreciated it.

Smackdown is on cable now as well, so if I watched Raw i'm most likely going to watch Smackdown, too. It just kills time. Lucky for me I catch Smackdown pre-airs online and can fast forward through the trash early on Friday afternoon. The thing that kills me about these replays is how they don't bother to recap their other shows. What about Smackdown recaps on Raw? NXT on both shows? Superstars? You can't expect people to tune in when they don't know what the hell is going on with the other shows or if the company running them doesn't give a shit and is that full of themselves to expect everyone to watch them without giving them a reason too.

WWE could have made ECW work. Same with NXT. They are just so content with crapping on everything else to make Raw look good, I guess.

·
Registered
404 Posts
This..

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
They've done this for the past several years. It doesn't bother me that they're replaying segments, because their goal is to promote WrestleMania. Unfortunately, these segments leave far less TV time for the Smackdown writers to push their OWN storylines because 10% of every week's show is dedicated to Raw.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello members, commenter’s as well as everybody else!!! The forum was extremely awesome! A lot of good information and inspiration, both which we all need Keep ‘am coming… you all can such a great job at such Concepts… aren’t able to inform you how much I, for just one appreciate all you do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts