Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think you guys would ever see the WWE go through a reformation like they did after the invasion where they end the division between RAW and Smackdown?

Ideally I would probably enjoy watching wrestling a bit more if it was more unified. More cohesive. There's a lot of talent on the WWE roster and it just seems like from a creative standpoint, keeping everything separated like it is stifles opportunities for different feuds and so on.

Also, with there being SO MANY different belts it seems like it takes away from the significance of holding one. I'd like from them to retire all but the WWE championship, Intercontinental championship, the tag team belts and if there even is one, a lightweight/cruiserweight belt. Being called the champion should MEAN something.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Well, both brands are on PPV now. so yeah I think we will see it.

By the way, ending the brand extension will make NO difference to the quality in product. Ultimately, booking is the worst thing going on in WWE (lack of people actually characters is a close second).

·
Registered
288 Posts
Problem is, there would be one main belt, and loads of competitors wanting it. Therefore, there would be no room for all these people who deserve a push, like Miz or others. It would just be Cena, Edge, Punk, Rey, Orton.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
lack of people actually characters is a close second
This is a good point. I've always likened professional wrestling to superhero comics. They're both a story-driven entertainment medium where musclebound characters in cool costumes fight each other.

We're lacking interesting or endearing characters. All the wrestlers that I get excited about watching wrestle are the veterans who are very much who they are in those roles. Not necessarily as a heel or a face but in their look, style, everything that you experience when watching them.

Identity is important.

Problem is, there would be one main belt, and loads of competitors wanting it. Therefore, there would be no room for all these people who deserve a push, like Miz or others. It would just be Cena, Edge, Punk, Rey, Orton.
That's what the Intercontiental belt is for. It's like a secondary belt. You have to work your way up to main event status. You'd have a top tier vying for the WWE championship and you'd have others busting ass to earn a shot at the Intercontinental belt.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Miz or others haha who do you mean? Del Rio? Swagger? Jeff Hardy? Kane?

The WWE would be great with one world title. There needs to be some seperation between the top guys and the mid-card. For the last few years it's all been lumped into one huge group and instead of making all the guys seem like main eventers it makes the real main eventers seem average.

Look at the Smackdown side in 2010 and tell me the WWE would have been worse without those World Title runs.

But I guess we'd miss out on green NXT winners who can't put on a decent 10 minute match, main eventing ppv's in WWE title matches in the future. And we can't have that:no:

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
^^

If we got rid of the WHC the main main event players would just stay in the tile scene forever so it would be hard to get anyone new into the title hunt

·
FEED ME LESS!
3,834 Posts
^^

If we got rid of the WHC the main main event players would just stay in the tile scene forever so it would be hard to get anyone new into the title hunt

Or you could just make the WHC be the 2nd best belt to the WWE title. Then have the US and IC belts be on a similar level.

·
Registered
288 Posts
The whole youth movement would get messed up if we had one title, all these 'veterans' are just taking up spaces in the title hunt. I mean honestly, how many world titles has Edge had? Like 10 or something, why should he still be in the chase, he should be getting youngsters over in mini feuds.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
winning PPV matches could do it such as how the winner of the rumble is given number one contender status. I know that's almost luck of the draw type situation but it could work. The WWE's flow of events and stories worked and worked well before and I think it could work in the same fashion again. It just seems more meaningful to have just a few belts and matches leading up to an opportunity to wrestle for the WWE Championship.

Also, not all main eventers were rabid for the championship all the time. Some of them feuded for other reasons. The end game is to make people care about more than just a handful of wrestlers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts