Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ronald Reagan - divorced the mother of two of his children to marry Nancy Reagan who bore him a daughter only 7 months after the marriage.
Bob Dole - divorced the mother of his child, who had nursed him through the long recovery from his war wounds.
Newt Gingrich - divorced his wife who was dying of cancer.
Dick Armey - House Majority Leader - divorced
Sen. Phil Gramm of Texas - divorced
Gov. John Engler of Michigan - divorced
Gov. Pete Wilson of California - divorced
George Will - divorced
Sen. Lauch Faircloth - divorced
Rush Limbaugh - Rush and his current wife Marta have six marriages and four divorces between them.
Rep. Bob Barr of Georgia - Barr, not yet 50 years old, has been married three times. Barr had the audacity to author and push the "Defense of Marriage Act." The current joke making the rounds on Capitol Hill is "Bob Barr, WHICH marriage are you defending?"
Sen. Alfonse D'Amato of New York - divorced
Sen. John Warner of Virginia - divorced (once married to Liz Taylor)
Gov. George Allen of Virginia - divorced
Henry Kissinger - divorced
Rep. Helen Chenoweth of Idaho - divorced
Sen. John McCain of Arizona - divorced
Rep. John Kasich of Ohio - divorced
Rep. Susan Molinari of New York (2000 Republican National Convention Keynote Speaker) - divorced


---------------------------

and these are the same Republicans who jumped on the Clintons. For shame :bs:

Basically, my opinion is that almost ALL politicians are hypocritical and people should realize this.

:cuss:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,035 Posts
Must be an old list...Rush Limbaugh is now divorced and dating a bitch from CNN I believe...

I don't understand your point you're trying to prove anyway. Like D-Man said, it's a natural that marriages aren't gonna work out. Hell, I'd think the percentage of marriage ending in divorce would be even higher than 50%.
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Besides, how do you know if their wives didn't divorce them? Divorce isn't a "joint" decision, you know.
 

·
Jerichoholic
Joined
·
3,091 Posts
Kaneanite said:
I don't understand your point you're trying to prove anyway. Like D-Man said, it's a natural that marriages aren't gonna work out. Hell, I'd think the percentage of marriage ending in divorce would be even higher than 50%.
I think the point is politicians are supposed to set an example. I'm not into US politics but I assume these people crap on about family values which really is the pot calling the kettle black when you look at their own private lives.
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Is divorce really a bad thing for a family?

If you think about it, divorce can benefit the kids, provided that the household is actually arguing a lot and shit. Or if the parents are both rich.

ooo
 

·
Jerichoholic
Joined
·
3,091 Posts
No it can be a good thing. My parents are divorced, and believe me it is a good thing. However, if my dad started preaching family values to me I would take absolutely no notice as he has no idea what family values are. The role of politicians is to be a leader, hypocrisy is not going to get people to follow their leader. If a politician is so hypocritical about something so trivial, they aren't worth voting for in my book.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
JushinLiger said:
Ronald Reagan - divorced the mother of two of his children to marry Nancy Reagan who bore him a daughter only 7 months after the marriage.
Bob Dole - divorced the mother of his child, who had nursed him through the long recovery from his war wounds.
Newt Gingrich - divorced his wife who was dying of cancer.
Dick Armey - House Majority Leader - divorced
Sen. Phil Gramm of Texas - divorced
Gov. John Engler of Michigan - divorced
Gov. Pete Wilson of California - divorced
George Will - divorced
Sen. Lauch Faircloth - divorced
Rush Limbaugh - Rush and his current wife Marta have six marriages and four divorces between them.
Rep. Bob Barr of Georgia - Barr, not yet 50 years old, has been married three times. Barr had the audacity to author and push the "Defense of Marriage Act." The current joke making the rounds on Capitol Hill is "Bob Barr, WHICH marriage are you defending?"
Sen. Alfonse D'Amato of New York - divorced
Sen. John Warner of Virginia - divorced (once married to Liz Taylor)
Gov. George Allen of Virginia - divorced
Henry Kissinger - divorced
Rep. Helen Chenoweth of Idaho - divorced
Sen. John McCain of Arizona - divorced
Rep. John Kasich of Ohio - divorced
Rep. Susan Molinari of New York (2000 Republican National Convention Keynote Speaker) - divorced


---------------------------

and these are the same Republicans who jumped on the Clintons. For shame :bs:

Basically, my opinion is that almost ALL politicians are hypocritical and people should realize this.

:cuss:
You can forget that golddigger John Kerry war hero (flip flop) who married to to another golddigger Tersea. John married her for the money.

VOTE FOR BUSH
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,935 Posts
That was just a stupid, stupid, ignorant assumption.

As far as the flip flop thing, the same can be said for the Bush Campaign back in 2000. The Daily Show did a good job of burning them by showing a clip of Cheney saying he supported gay marriage, then. But as you can see, they don't know.

Besides, you probably don't even know what situations he has "flip-flopped" on anyways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,885 Posts
Although at first I didn't really care about the US' political situation. But here in Holland there are a lot of people saying BUSH SUCKS just for the 'fashion statement'. So I thought: "Well why don't I read into stuff and have a REAL opinion based on GOOD arguments?".

So I read into stuff and I still don't know. Bush sucks and Kerry sucks. Either way...you US citizens are fucked. (Maybe the European people too)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,147 Posts
LK said:
Although at first I didn't really care about the US' political situation. But here in Holland there are a lot of people saying BUSH SUCKS just for the 'fashion statement'. So I thought: "Well why don't I read into stuff and have a REAL opinion based on GOOD arguments?".

So I read into stuff and I still don't know. Bush sucks and Kerry sucks. Either way...you US citizens are fucked. (Maybe the European people too)
well i live in the u.k so i couldn't care less about the whole situation but what you said about us europeans is sooo true we had to be bullied by bush to go and invade iraq when we could have sat around on our fat english asses all day drinking tea and eating biscuits FUCKING BUSH!!(although kerry is a cunt too)

My list of funny words

Flip flop
googenheim(museum)
spam
slobberknocker
knickerbocker glory
doody
ramadama ding dong
kookamonga
walla walla
seattle
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,885 Posts
You guys aren't 'bullied' by Bush. The UK had a choice and they decided to help the US with the war. So don't say Bush is the cause of all this, Blair is an even bigger cause.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
D-Man said:
That was just a stupid, stupid, ignorant assumption.

As far as the flip flop thing, the same can be said for the Bush Campaign back in 2000. The Daily Show did a good job of burning them by showing a clip of Cheney saying he supported gay marriage, then. But as you can see, they don't know.

Besides, you probably don't even know what situations he has "flip-flopped" on anyways.

Iraq,War on terror, No child left behind act, cutting intellangce funding, supporting our troops, I can write a novel on his flip flops. LOL
 

·
Jerichoholic
Joined
·
3,091 Posts
Old Skool, you say bullied. I say allegiance. Allegiance is required to fight the war on terrorism.
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
D-Man said:
That was just a stupid, stupid, ignorant assumption.

As far as the flip flop thing, the same can be said for the Bush Campaign back in 2000. The Daily Show did a good job of burning them by showing a clip of Cheney saying he supported gay marriage, then. But as you can see, they don't know.

Besides, you probably don't even know what situations he has "flip-flopped" on anyways.
Actually, Cheyney never flipped flopped (unless you can supply me with a quote saying he doesn't agree with gay marriages). He is still supporting gay marriages, but overall MOST republicans don't. Being a republican doesn't mean you HAVE to be against gays, it just so happens most are. There are gay republicans, you know.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,035 Posts
Old Skool said:
My list of funny words

Flip flop
googenheim(museum)
spam
slobberknocker
knickerbocker glory
doody
ramadama ding dong
kookamonga
walla walla
seattle
Nice Simpsons rip off at the end. Cool and original.

And wtf knickerbocker? Only in England...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
694 Posts
Republican set higher standard, so high that they cannot reach them. If a thief told you not to steal, would you?
Bottom line is that if you don't like you politican, vote them out of office.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top