Wrestling Forum banner

Conflicting Reports about TNA going on the Road

3782 Views 32 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  HardCoreHardy
Gerweck is reporting that there are currently no plans for another Impact taping outside of Orlando due to the heavy cost involved with doing one. The look of the taping in NC was said to be very good with a large crowd that was into almost everything on the show but TNA just can’t afford to tape outside of Orlando at this point.

With that said, Wrestling Observer has rumored that TNA plans on taking the next taping on the road to Pikeville, Kentucky at the beginning of April. A nearby house show near those dates has already been rumored to have been canceled

MY THOUGHTS: If you continue to see attendances like you have seen in NC while they continue to run at venues of that size (Crown Coliseum) TNA probably won't go on the road. You could say that 3,500 was a "large crowd" for the NC TV Taping - But you could also say 1,500 empty seats is "too many empty seats". But with that said , I believe that the NC Taping will come out good on TV. But TNA should be able to sell more tickets then that. The Pikeville,Kentucky (4/1) & Corbin,Kentucky (3/31) Live Event's are still planned and Ticket's for both have went on sale. I don't really think TNA will go on the road again before Lockdown , maybe after Lockdown. TNA really need's to upgrade the iMPACT! Zone with a more modern setup and upgrade it's production. I think after Lockdown , TNA will hit the reset button (Yeah,for the millionth time) and should hit the reset button with fresh cost cut's and releases,upgraded presentation & production values, a new creative/booking approach and a brand new iMPACT! Zone... Hell even a new website. If TNA truly can't afford the TV Tapings then they should cut some of the Live Events in the small/unknown towns and change the already planned Live Events to TV Tapings. I would like to see a few Live episodes of iMPACT! this year after Lockdown.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Premium Member
86,252 Posts
I'll wait, But I would think they would announce it on Thursday during iMPACT! - If they don't announce it by Monday of next Week , I think it's safe to say that Pikeville,KY won't host a TNA TV Taping.
It's probably a mistake to have the TV taping there when having a house show in Corbin the night before. The two places are about 120-150 miles apart and the shows would split the crowd for each other.

If there was no Corbin show the night before the Pikeville crowd would be alot bigger and the TV taping would make since. But as it is, those two venues are just too close.

· Registered
12,861 Posts
TNA could be on the road for now on. Just do 4 hours taping on every city + go on small arenas no need to hit up UFC/WWE arenas

-Asbury Park Convention Center in Asbury Park, New Jersey.3.900 seats arena
-O'Neill Center in Connecticut State University 4,500 seats arena
-Hammerstein Ballroom in New York, New York. 2.500 seats arena
-The Odeum Expo Center is a convention center located in Villa Park, Illinois up to 5,500 seats for boxing, wrestling, and concerts.
- The Mid-Hudson Civic Center is a venue in Poughkeepsie the capacity to host 3,050 seated for wrestling , and boxing

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's probably a mistake to have the TV taping there when having a house show in Corbin the night before. The two places are about 120-150 miles apart and the shows would split the crowd for each other.

If there was no Corbin show the night before the Pikeville crowd would be alot bigger and the TV taping would make since. But as it is, those two venues are just too close.
If their gonna have a TV Taping in Pikeville , it's safe to say they will cancel the Corbin Show ... They did it with the Fayetteville,NC show.

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TNA could be on the road. Just do 4 hours taping on every city + go on small arenas

-Asbury Park Convention Center in Asbury Park, New Jersey.3.900 seats arena
-O'Neill Center in Connecticut State University 4,500 seats arena
-Hammerstein Ballroom in New York, New York. 2.500 seats arena
-The Odeum Expo Center is a convention center located in Villa Park, Illinois up to 5,500 seats for boxing, wrestling, and concerts.
- The Mid-Hudson Civic Center is a venue in Poughkeepsie the capacity to host 3,050 seated for wrestling , and boxing
Good sized arena's in good & known city's - But they really need to announce their TV Tapings earlier then they are.

· GIANTS
8,520 Posts
It's about time they take Impact out of the IZ, they should be taping full time on the road. IZ makes TNA look bush league and I can't take those fans seriously. But no, Dixie and company wanted the big name free agents that would bring them "ratings".

Dump all of the useless contracts and focus on improving the booking and overall look of the product.

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's about time they take Impact out of the IZ, they should be taping full time on the road. IZ makes TNA look bush league and I can't take those fans seriously. But no, Dixie and company wanted the big name free agents that would bring them "ratings".

Dump all of the useless contracts and focusing on improving the booking and overall look of the product.
I agree 110% , Dixie's useless spending is getting TNA no where. She needs to cut all the useless costs and contracts. Focus on improving the presentation and booking of the product.

· Registered
1,419 Posts
ya if they build up the spots months in advance for more major areas they could possibly setup impact to at least tape 2 larger tapings per month on the road and maybe do the other ones still in the impact zone until they grow enough to do impact on the road on a weekly basis. they could just do a huge 4 hour impact in a major location every 2 weeks. then to cut costs continue to do impact in orlando the other half of the time.

· Banned
2,204 Posts
Why the costs of TV tapings are so high and they can't afford to tape on the road? They have lots of house shows with poor attendance and don't stop booking them
Rumour has it that Hogan said he would cancel all of TNAs house shows, but then after the enivitible success of the European Tour Hogan decides not to, as if he belives that they were gonna strike 6000 in every venue stateside. It boggles the mind

· Registered
67 Posts
I don't see why TNA can't have an Impact taping every month or so outside Orlando to fill up 4 weeks worth of shows. Add in a match or two from house shows. Add some sort of Piper's Pit interview segment but backstage.

But if they must continue taping at the Impact Zone, then I have no clue why they don't rearrange the seats and darken the lights except for those in the first several rows. There's no need for wide shots of that venue.

· Registered
1,419 Posts
getting out of the impact zone is vital for them to look more big time imo. if it were me they should be doing fri-sat night tapings at major spots monthly at larger venues if anything else to show that they can draw and look more professional. they should be working to phase out the IZ and to have the capability to tour. Even if they could lock up a much larger venue to do regular tapings it would be a major improvement. the IZ is just too small for them now.

· Registered
561 Posts
So TNA decides to go against WWE on Monday nights but their scared of a financial blunder by going on the road to small venues? lol WTF?

TNA needs to stop wasting money and their over hyped "surprises" on the "free agent" game and bringing in wrestlers and actually surprise us by saying there going to start traveling. They have a solid roster right now with a lot of potential who people are familiar with. So they mine as well see what they can achieve. I really don't see a better time then right now.

Also maybe fukin Hulk Hogan can get off his high horse do some signings before and after events, its not like hes totally useless and that would certainly boost attendance. But wait he's too good for that

· Banned
446 Posts

Dump all of the useless contracts and focus on improving the booking and overall look of the product.
I totally agree with you!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.