Wrestling Forum banner
41 - 60 of 114 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Just have Bryan start putting on baby oil before matches and he'll look like everyone else.

·
Canuck
4,763 Posts
Someone explain to me wtf "the look" is. I've been asking myself that question all the time. Daniel Bryan let's his wrestling ability speak for itself not to mention he's phenomenal on the mic. This isn't the 1980s where crazy hair and tanned bodies we're the norm. This is Daniel Fucking Bryan !

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I like him, just not as much as everyone else does. As someone previously compared him to Dean Malenko and Lance Storm, I agree.

He will probably eventually get a main event run and possibly win a world title many years from now, much like Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit did, but Daniel Bryan is more suited in the mid-card division.

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
He's a decent wrestler.

The problem I have is that people seem to literally jizz over EVERYTHING he does. If people didn't ride his cock so much, maybe I wouldn't be as annoyed with him as I am.

All the Daniel Bryan shit gets annoying as fuck.

*Preparing to get loads of negative rep from Daniel Bryan fans*
I'm a huge Drgaon fan and have watched him for years upon years.

It just so happens people are quick to jump on bandwagons.

Various members of Other Wrestling have long told of Dragon's greatness and been laughed off and told he's a "no name indy highschooler". Now you see him as a focal point of Raw, in a similar role to Chris Benoit, making everyone he comes into contact with look a million bucks.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
I have to agree with OP.

I don't really hate the guy, but i just can't give a damn about him for some reason

Everything about him just screams boring to me.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Its hard for some to like him because they are giving him very bad "gimmicks." Since he debuted on NXT, he has been given this "indie wrestler trying to make it in the big leagues" persona. Guess they forgot that CM Punk was in the indies when he had a several month winning streak for his debut. Then even after NXT, they still made him look weak as hell until he won the title against The Miz. Most wrestling fans (or at least internet wrestling fans) know that Bryan Danielson can walk circles against probably 95% of the WWE roster. In a real wrestling match, he was absoulutely destroy Miz.

Secondly, they are now trying to give him this ladies man gimmick and it just isnt going to work. Giving him a valet might be good for him, but making him dance and stuff like that in the ring...not so much. He needs to have a serious character and let him cut promos like he would back in ROH. If you look back at some of his promos, they are VERY good.

So basically, its the way WWE is presenting him.

But I'll give them like a year or 2 with him before they start really letting him shine.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
He's easily the best in ring worker in the company but I agree 100% with the OP. And the fact that he has a gigantic group of snobbish internet wrestling fans who worship the ground he walks on is also a bit of a turn off for me.

·
Harley's Circus
2,565 Posts
I was a Danielson mark from the moment he wrestled Jericho on NXT
the people who don't like him are just believing the hype about all the big guys Vince has pushed over the small guys.

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,021 Posts
The "everyman" always gets over big. It's a concept that TNA completed forget when they put AJ Styles in a feathery robe.

You also need to understand that he made Dolph Ziggler look like a main event star at 'Bragging Rights'. Even if that's as far as Dragon's WWE role goes he's an invaluable asset to them.

P.S. Pyro, Bret Hart wore pink because his surname's homophonous with "heart". I can't believe that that's news to you.

·
Stopping The Show
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 · (Edited)
Also the way they are portraying him screams mid card for life, and maybe that is all they hope for him to ever be and he's happy with that. But when you got a guy with as much talent in-ring as this guy has he at least deserves to be pushed properly.

And you know he is lacking in a lot of departments when they are using Cole to get him over, his hatred for him is the only other thing apart from his in ring skills thats making people care about him and when thats over with and it hasnt paid of as well as they hope then what they got ?

then they'll need to get there finger out and actually make the guy look like a star and not some guy who is doomed to make other rising stars look awesome in the ring, im not saying putting over new talent isnt good, it's great when you reach a stage in your career when youv been there, done it and are winding down, he is still a young guy and could if used right be a great main eventer.

infact now that i think about it, i think its his characters lack of drive and need to be champ that may be one of the reasons im not able to get into him ( obv not on his part and the way he's booked)

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
This forum don't know the first thing about marketability. Once WWE sets things in motion, everyone here would follow suit. That has always been the pattern here.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
My problem with him is that he comes across as cocky, he smiles all the time, like he knows he's the best and better than his opponent and being in the midcard is just a formality for a guy like him before he gets a world title or something

41 - 60 of 114 Posts