Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Are you guys kidding me? I mark out for this guy big time. He's over with the crowd, which proves that WWE fans can get behind someone based off ability and not just character. If they keep using him the way they are right now, and gradually work on improving his mic skills I can see him going big places.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Agree with OP. Something is off about Bryan and that sucks, because I'm trying to enjoy his matches.

PS: Way to change the subject, Pyro. We're talking about Bryan.

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
Pyro™;8990095 said:
I don't see it. He's a very plain looking guy to me.
For me that was always the appeal. Bret Hart looked like the kind of wrestler I could conceivably aspire to be. He wasn't super-muscled or All American handsome, he was an athletic normal looking guy.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
13,013 Posts
Daniel to me is just not intimiating when in the ring. I alway thought WWE could do to him what they did to Chris Beniot and give him a ruthless, no nonesense gimmick. But I can't really take him seriously, and it dosen't help him, when he has to dance with divas or smiles all the time

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
For me that was always the appeal. Bret Hart looked like the kind of wrestler I could conceivably aspire to be. He wasn't super-muscled or All American handsome, he was an athletic normal looking guy.
So you just like Bret because he looked like a nobody and that let you live vicariously through him? Meh. I always liked wrestlers because I thought they were entertaining.

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
So you just like Bret because he looked like a nobody and that let you live vicariously through him? Meh. I always liked wrestlers because I thought they were entertaining.
No, but it was part of the appeal. Bear in mind at the time I would have been a little kid, likely no older than the gabillions we see in WWE audiences every week. I thought wrestling was 100% real, the better man will win yadda yadda. Watching Bret Hart as opposed to someone like Curt Hennig, Lex Luger or Hulk Hogan just fed into the "wow, this looks real" factor. Since he's the ultimate example, watching Hogan shrug off hits and shake his head just didn't seem as interesting, or rather entertaining to me as watching Bret counter a move or making someone tap.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I have no problem liking Bryan, but then again I like guys like Bryan, Morrison, Ziggler, Benjamin etc (always have, not just jumping onto the bandwagon because of their match at BR) who are good in the ring but aren't neccesarily that good at promos

·
Stopping The Show
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
as i said in my original post im not all about the gimmicks and promos and can mark out for a wrestler on his in ring ability alone - Bret,Shelton,morrison..... those guys are all fantastic in the ring and bret had the look as does morrison and shelton had his moments too.

but as much i want too, i cant get into bryan, i think he's been badly underdeveloped and most of it isnt his fault but some of it is.

Poor theme song
No standout entrance routine ( hbk kneel, triple h spits water, orton pose..... ) most wrestlers have there thing be it a pose or catchphrase

and to say bret didnt have the look is mental, the guy was the coolest looking guy on the roster till hbk came along.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
His theme music is awesome. Sorry it's not Disturbed or whatever the modern version of Disturbed is.

His promos are fine. When given the opportunity, and the chance to really cut loose, he can deliver a great moment. Hell, Hybrid Dolphins is one of my favourite interviews ever, but admittedly it's not that intimidating.

Speaking of intimidating, he may not be a snarling monster, but the second the bell rings, everything looks like it hurts. Doesn't matter how big you are, getting kicked hard in the face still sucks.

I'll agree he doesn't have the stereotypical superstar look. There's no reason an underdog can't get over though, especially ones who will hit suicide dives and tap people out, even if they are small.

Basically, he was hired for workrate, and it's pretty obvious he's got it in abundance. He may not look like a typical main eventer, but he isn't one. Keeps things interesting, doesn't it? A bit of variety? At the moment, he's a great choice for carrying the Raw midcard, and the number of opponents waiting he could have good to great matches with is making me salivate. As long as he's putting on matches that make PPVs worth watching, I'm happy with his position in the company.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
No way. I've liked him since NXT, easily one of my top faves. Just because he doesn't have a character doesn't mean he can't talk. His promos on NXT were some of the best things all year.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
He's a decent wrestler.

The problem I have is that people seem to literally jizz over EVERYTHING he does. If people didn't ride his cock so much, maybe I wouldn't be as annoyed with him as I am.

All the Daniel Bryan shit gets annoying as fuck.

*Preparing to get loads of negative rep from Daniel Bryan fans*

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
I think he's a very entertaining wrestler, but I don't think he is a main eventer now or really ever should be. He's very comparable to guys like Dean Malenko and Lance Storm, who stole the midcard for years but just lacked certain things (in Bryan's case, size, presence, and an interesting character) to be elevated any higher.

I like Bryan, but disagree with any sentiment that he should pushed beyond where he is now.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Cynic, I think you're right on the money with that and perhaps that's the reason why I'm disliking him. I'm looking for reasons why he isn't main event material, when I should just be enjoying him in the mid card. Very well put.

·
Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,024 Posts
I think he's a very entertaining wrestler, but I don't think he is a main eventer now or really ever should be. He's very comparable to guys like Dean Malenko and Lance Storm, who stole the midcard for years but just lacked certain things (in Bryan's case, size, presence, and an interesting character) to be elevated any higher.

I like Bryan, but disagree with any sentiment that he should pushed beyond where he is now.
I'd have no problem with him staying in the mid-card as long as he's used well. I don't want to see him become MVP in a few years. On the other hand, I do think he's done well every time he's had a match with a main eventer (Batista, Sheamus, Jericho), so I'm not opposed to him moving up the card either.

·
Registered
573 Posts
He's a decent wrestler.

The problem I have is that people seem to literally jizz over EVERYTHING he does. If people didn't ride his cock so much, maybe I wouldn't be as annoyed with him as I am.

All the Daniel Bryan shit gets annoying as fuck.

*Preparing to get loads of negative rep from Daniel Bryan fans*
Watch his indy matches.

You are a Wade Barett mark with a very boring AMERICAN bat mased wrestling style. You are one to talk about calling DB a decent wrestler when WD is very below average. WD has had matches with Cena and Orton... Mighty impressive that guy is in the ring!

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
He's fine as he is. He doesn't need a character change to get over. In time his wrestling ability will win people round.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
Watch his indy matches.

You are a Wade Barett mark with a very boring AMERICAN bat mased wrestling style. You are one to talk about calling DB a decent wrestler when WD is very below average. WD has had matches with Cena and Orton... Mighty impressive that guy is in the ring!
What the fuck does Wade Barrett have to do with anything? Daniel Bryan fans trying to attack non-Bryan fans again?

I've seen some of his Indy stuff, I didn't like it. I don't like him, get over it.

21 - 40 of 114 Posts