Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Stopping The Show
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are anyone else have a real problem liking him ? he is fanastic in the ring and any time i watch him, i really wanna like the guy but theres just something off about him.

He wresltes like a main eventer, but looks and talks like someone i'd pay 5 pounds to see wrestle at my local town hall, i can see that being an appealing thing for some that he aint like all the other wrestlers and is focused on his matches and not on his image...

anyone else wanting to like the guy but struggling because of his lack of everything else except ring skills ?

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Come on. You're a Bret Hart mark, I'm sure you're used to guys being useless outside the ring.

He's not that bad, anyway. His mic skills are fine and I couldn't care less about his look.

·
Stopping The Show
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah but bret hart hd the look, nd although he wasnt great on the mic or at cutting promos, brets quiet and focused persona suited his character.

but thats the reason i made the topic as i dpont usually have a problem liking a wrestler if theyre fantastivc in the ring, but for some reason or another its happening with daniel.

and was wondering if anyone else is conflicted aswell

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
yeah but bret hart hd the look, nd although he wasnt great on the mic or at cutting promos, brets quiet and focused persona suited his character.
What look? He looked plain as hell. And as far as his character suiting him, well yeah, a boring character is going to suit a guy with no charisma. That goes without saying. He's just playing himself.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Pyro™;8990066 said:
What look? He looked plain as hell. And as far as his character suiting him, well yeah, a boring character is going to suit a guy with no charisma. That goes without saying. He's just playing himself.
Nah, he had a great look. The slicked black hair, the pink shades, the leather jackets and the pink and black all made him stand out from other guys at the time. He wasn't great on the mic but he certainly looked the part and stood out a lot more than Bryan does.

As to the OP, I see what you mean but I think it works for him and his gimmick so I've got no problem with it.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
I don't see it. He's a very plain looking guy to me. And the fact that his color choice was pink (and took pride in it no less) is an automatic major subtraction.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I don't think it myself, after the two matches against Ziggler and his feud with Miz I am sold on Bryan. In fact Bryan and Morrison as well as Punk are probably the only reasons I watch Raw still. I do however see where you are coming from, I don't think the goofy character Bryan is portraying outside the ring is for everybody. Having seen Bryan's promo against Michael Cole on NXT however which was more serious and direct it just shows Bryan really is playing on being goofy and that he actually can cut a serious promo.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
not everyone is goin g to get into Puroestsu as the Japanese call it

;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
i agree whole heartedly with the op. he pulls off some great moves and his matches so far have mostly been top drawer, but there is just something holding me back from liking him. usually if i respect a wrestlers ability and athletisicm i mark out like crazy for them like i always did for shelton benjamin. but with daniel i find when he comes out im rolling my eyes more than im excited to watch him and i cant put my finger on why. even on the mic he has had moments ive loved like his lance storm reference a few weeks ago and his generic rock music comment before that, but still cant call myself a fan.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I don't see it. He's a very plain looking guy to me. And the fact that his color choice was pink (and took pride in it no less) is an automatic major subtraction.
The pink was Vince's choice actually. I can see why some people didn't like it but I always saw it as a form of 'peacocking' to stand out

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Mmmmmmm, I did kind of have a problem liking him until his two matches with Ziggler although I'm not sure why. I don't dislike him as such, but I don't exactly care much.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
i saw something in here that said the hitman didnt have the look? really...when you saw the hitman, you knew who the hitman was. all the merchandise moved and character he potrayed, the hit man had 'it" whatever "it" is, the hitman had it. daniel bryan for having all the wrestling ability in the world is the most bland, average looking guy ever. just looks to ordinary. nothing makes him stand out. the wwe are going to have to do something to give him the it factor. so that when people see him the know who he is. they know how to identify him. he is just too plain. no character or charisma. a great wrestler, but until he can move merchandise and develop a character of great noteriety, he will never main event in the wwe.

·
Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,024 Posts
Well, considering his entire gimmick is a plain guy who's amazing in the ring, I figure it'll just take a few more demonstrations of just how awesome he is for it to catch on with the undecided. (Some will never be convinced, though I shan't name names.)

That said, I do think using his American Dragon nickname would at least give them a potential logo they could associate him with.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I find no problem liking him. I'm not really a big fan but he's a very good wrestler, though i understand what you mean OP, his look is very average, he talks like a normal guy you meet on the street, and he doesn't have a fancy personality either. He might not be charismatic outside the ring but he does have it whenever he steps foot inside the squared circle, it's a quality that most WWE wrestlers lack nowadays, so he's really special on his own right.

·
Registered
9,144 Posts
Funny enough that's how I feel about Dolph Ziggler. He's a very good wrestler but aside from his matches with Bryan and Mysterio at Summerslam 09, his career has been unremarkable. I just don't find myself giving a shit about him and I give Bryan a majority of the credit for their excellent matches.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Daniel Bryan won me over twice. as a heel before touching the ring(didn't watch alot of NXT only choice episodes). His beatdown of Michael Cole and his part in the first Nexus attack. As a face, he's had easily the best matches since HBK has retired, and some better than some HBK matches. He has charisma, just moreso as a heel, as they get to show more edge.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts