• BEST. SHOW. EVER.

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With TBS pushing Lopez Tonight out of its timeslot and an hour further back I figured this Conan shit should be pretty good

So I watched the premeire episode of it tonight and I gotta say , I can see how Conans 1st show got cancelled. His show sucked , he doesn't have true TV personality level charisma , his voice/looks are a bit annoying , his guests sucked , and his material wasn't even funny. He even pulled a lame & corny Jay Leno type thing by having a sidekick of sorts on the side of the stage just to comment on things he says often. Even the set itself seemed crappy compared to other shows.

None of the show was even funny except for the opening skit before the actual show. So in 1 hour only like 2 minutes of it was funny? Thats not good :eek:

The fact this show has Lopez Tonight following it every single night will only make Lopez look even better and Conan even worse.

I can totally see this show getting canceled too

Well thats my opinion on it , whats any of yours?

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I enjoyed it but then again I'm a big Conan fan so I think he's funny most of the time. It could have been better, but I like the show so far.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I enjoyed it but then again I'm a big Conan fan so I think he's funny most of the time. It could have been better, but I like the show so far.
Oh really? I never really watched his old show but hearing that inspires a small glimpse of hope for his new show maybe I'll try to watch another episode or two and see if it doesn't get better?

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
It most likely will get better his old shows were really great so I see no reason why this one won't be, so yeah you should try to stick with it.

·
There are players and then there are pieces
5,052 Posts
It was alright, it will probably get better. When you are dealing with late night shows you can't have a great show every night. That being said, I still think jimmy kimmell is the funniest of all the late night comedians.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I enjoyed it. Conan has always been my favorite of all the late night comedians, and I'm glad the show is finally here. I mean it wasn't the best thing ever, but that's to be expected considering he hasn't been on TV in a while. It'll gradually get better in time.

I doubt it'll be canceled considering TBS carries Tyler Perry's awful show, the reviews for the first show are all positive, and it's most likely going to be TBS' highest rated show.

Also. In my opinion, George Lopez is terrible, and is lucky to be Conan's follow up.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
4.1 million viewers for the first show. Probably won't stay that high, but I wonder what is going to average.

·
Amazing
4,242 Posts
Conan hasn't been truly good in years. I am a fan of his, I've even attended a taping for his Late Night show in 2008. But the first episode was a disappointment, for lack of a better word. But I'll let them settle in and see what happens. The whole hype behind this move to basic cable is that he was under strict creative control due to his time slot on NBC, and now he has more freedom to be as awesome as he was on Late Night.

So I'm defiantly hoping it improves and will be watching unlike most bandwaggoners who only gave a shit about him for that one week in January. Due to these types of people, the ratings will plummet by the end of the week. Still, he'll probably sustain a good audience and still be lightyears better than Jay Leno. (Who now has lower ratings on the Tonight Show than Conan during his run)

Either way, Craig Ferguson will still remain the BEST thing in the talk show host game for years to come.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I tried watching all the other Late Night shows after Conan was let go at NBC and Lopez Tonight was actually the only one that I cared to watch before this week.

Conans first show was alright but nothing great. I'm sure it will improve after awhile once this "Was let go by NBC 9 months ago, but now I am on TBS" stuff wears off.

From what I heard, his ratings totally blew out both Lettermans and Lenos, which of course was expected on his first night. Now if the show can atleast beat the other two in ratings every week, then i'll be a happy man because the other two are just plain boring.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
lmao Leno shouldn't get blamed for shit. At the end of the day the big wigs at NBC made the call to pull the plug on Conan because his ratings were low. I don't think Leno really has that kind of stroke. If he did they would have never pushed him out of his timeslot in the first place.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
The fact this show has Lopez Tonight following it every single night will only make Lopez look even better and Conan even worse.
An abortion couldn't make Lopez look good.

I think Conan is off to a decent start,first episode was iffy. But last nights episode had a pretty funny skit and a great appearance by Tom Hanks.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
lmao Leno shouldn't get blamed for shit. At the end of the day the big wigs at NBC made the call to pull the plug on Conan because his ratings were low. I don't think Leno really has that kind of stroke. If he did they would have never pushed him out of his timeslot in the first place.
Yeah. The pulled the plug on Conan now Leno gets worse numbers than Conan did. Bunch of geniuses they got there at NBC.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Yeah. The pulled the plug on Conan now Leno gets worse numbers than Conan did. Bunch of geniuses they got there at NBC.
Didnt Conan's numbers from night 1 on TBS to night 2 plummet though? Conan basically pulled a TNA....which gets ripped on here for that same thing insanely.

Conan on the Tonight Show was NEVER going to work, he didnt mesh with the audience. Ive watched Leno on the Tonight Show for years but i found Conan to be very unfunny and lame on his stay there. It just didnt work. I never watched him really pre-Tonight Show so maybe he was handcuffed or something, i dont know. All i know for fact though is he was terrible.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts