Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this'll be part rant, part advice seeking. It's gotta do with women-woes...so if that shyte ain't your bag, you've been informed. Don't bitch to me.

I've brought the subject up before, but incase you're unaware, there's this bakery I frequent. I've grown quite fond of one of the employee's there (not sure if she knows as much, but I think she does) and I've exchanged words with her on many occasions.

I'm not overly open and chatty, but if nudged, I'll talk.

Here's where I get ranty.

Somethings I've noticed:

- Every time I'm there, at some point, she recites her schedule. Not directly TO me...but always within the reach of my ears. Is it just a matter of conveinence, or do you think she wants me to know when she's working so I'll show up?

- Another thing that always gets brought up, her boyfriend. Now before ya go sayin, "SlaM-o...you depraved prick. Leave'er alone!" I should probably add that it's not really anything serious. She got to know him over the phone, and he was away being a Marine. He came back, and, feeling pressured/obligated, she's stuck with him. But the fact remains, she manages to mention him in some regard just about each time I'm there. (Is that to be taken as a subtle hint, or would it merely be coincidence?)

- Women...when you tell a guy you hate it when people compliment you, are you saying "don't compliment me"...or are you trying to say, "Tell me something nice, fucker! NOW!!!" She said it a couple weeks ago (ironicaly, at the time, I was thinking of telling her that her eye's are so blue and clear, they pierce through my heart) and now I don't know what the hell to think.

- She used to mention music...well, up until I made the comment "I hate rap and punk" (2 of her more favored genres) But I meant that in a mainstream/commercial way. Since I didn't make that clear, I'm sure she got a bit offended by it. Since then, music has yet to be discussed. (It's the one topic I could go on for hours about too...what a shame!)

- Here's a question: If someone didn't like you, would they mention/talk about getting nipple piercings to you? It's been brought up a few times, and, as arrousing a topic as it be, (and as appealing as the vision is) I kinda find it to be a more "personal" matter than something for everyday conversation. Least not around someone you "barely" know.

- In my travels, I've been known to go by 2 aliases. One, my last name, the other my first. Back when we were just getting aquainted she asked which I prefered. I said my first. (As hardly anyone ever says it...and it's a nice change of pace when they do.) The next couple of times she went by it, then switched off, and now...it's pretty much just my last name. Maybe I'm looking too deep into it....but that kinda says to me her interest (if there is/ever was one) is waining.

- On one of the more fresher visits, I was doodlin on a scrap piece of paper. She asked me to draw her a pic, to which I replied..."ummm....ok". (I'm such a ladies man!) The attempt was a shitty one, so I opted to work on a piece at home. She said she wanted it by that Friday...but lo-and-behold, over 2 weeks later, I still haven't finished it. (I strive for perfection...what can I say) I've seen her 3 or so times since the deadline, and she hasn't brought it up. (Nor have I, as I'd rather it be as much of a surprise as it can be) She's still talkative with me, but, well...today, I didn't even get a hello. So I'm assuming she's kinda peeved about it.

So yeah...taking all of that into consideration, I find myself saying: What the fuck? If she does infact like me (and if all of that points to it) why not just make it appearant? I know women enough to know they're a subtle sex. But if the prey ain't catching on, do you chicks up the ante? Or do ya's just shrug it off and consider the target disinterested?

Believe me, I don't aim to come off that way. But being unable to gauge her motives, and being that I'm not as socialy-involved as the next guy, I've hesitated from pushing my "game" up a notch.

Also...being jobless/carless/and about 40 minutes away from where she's located kinda narrows my chances of anything materializing. I've wanted to see if she wants to hang out...but considering my situation, I find it laughable to consider. Afterall...what kind of women digs a pennyless bum she'd have to venture almost an hour to see? Gas ain't cheap afterall.

There ya have it...my (for lack of a better term) love live for all to disect and inspect. I'm just tired of pondering what if. So a little clearity would be nice to have.

Let'er rip! :D

Reactions: Mike Smalling

·
The North Remembers
20,749 Posts
Women suck. I made a rant about it a long time ago. So, it is definitely true.

I AM SlaM said:
- Every time I'm there, at some point, she recites her schedule. Not directly TO me...but always within the reach of my ears. Is it just a matter of conveinence, or do you think she wants me to know when she's working so I'll show up?
I'm pretty sure that is a coincidence. I know I always talk about how shitty my schedule is with my co-workers. Fucking A. Worst schedule last week...

I AM SlaM said:
- Another thing that always gets brought up, her boyfriend. Now before ya go sayin, "SlaM-o...you depraved prick. Leave'er alone!" I should probably add that it's not really anything serious. She got to know him over the phone, and he was away being a Marine. He came back, and, feeling pressured/obligated, she's stuck with him. But the fact remains, she manages to mention him in some regard just about each time I'm there. (Is that to be taken as a subtle hint, or would it merely be coincidence?)
Since I'm not woman, I'm not going to be able to tell exacty what is meant by that. If she does feel pressured to be with him, I think she's trying to say she wants out....without being direct. More of a guess there.

I AM SlaM said:
- Women...when you tell a guy you hate it when people compliment you, are you saying "don't compliment me"...or are you trying to say, "Tell me something nice, fucker! NOW!!!" She said it a couple weeks ago (ironicaly, at the time, I was thinking of telling her that her eye's are so blue and clear, they pierce through my heart) and now I don't know what the hell to think.
I dunno, since once again, I'm no female. That said, if she's like every girl on the planet, she was probably being modest. She probably wants some compliments.

I AM SlaM said:
- She used to mention music...well, up until I made the comment "I hate rap and punk" (2 of her more favored genres) But I meant that in a mainstream/commercial way. Since I didn't make that clear, I'm sure she got a bit offended by it. Since then, music has yet to be discussed. (It's the one topic I could go on for hours about too...what a shame!)
Moron. Until she tells you, you LOVE ALL MUSIC GENRES!!

I AM SlaM said:
- Here's a question: If someone didn't like you, would they mention/talk about getting nipple piercings to you? It's been brought up a few times, and, as arrousing a topic as it be, (and as appealing as the vision is) I kinda find it to be a more "personal" matter than something for everyday conversation. Least not around someone you "barely" know.
What the fuck is wrong with you? You don't know!?! Nipple piercing is one of the best convo starters around. That's a no-brainer. A day without nipple talk is a bad day. :agree:

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NKIH said:
That's a no-brainer. A day without nipple talk is a bad day.
Indeed! :agree:

·
Buzz Killington
2,202 Posts
Funny you do this now Slammy as my friend was just discussing this topic with me today. He broke up with his g/f a couple months ago and now has another chick that he likes, well she knows he likes her (or he thinks she knows) but she doesn't treat him very well, they talk a lot and shit but she calls him a moron and things like that equite often in there conversations leading him to believe she doesn't like him.

Then we hear from her friend that she likes him and brings him up alot in there conversations. After hearing that I was seriously like what the fuck, if she liked him wouldn't she be nice to him. In conclusion my friend has not a fucking clue what's going on now.

Confusing, confusing sex they are...

·
Jerichoholic
3,091 Posts
I AM SlaM said:
Yeah she wants you to show up. Not denting your pride or nuffin but she probably gets bored shitless and you provide some entertainment or eye candy.

Girls don't mention their boyfriends if they aren't into them. If she liked you more than him she wouldn't mention him. Unless she has this fairy tale thing happening where you will be her dashing prince and sweep her off her feet and rescue from the boyfriend. Meh! big help I am.

Some people can't receive complements with out feeling embarrassed. Compliment in a subtle fashion, not the way which will make her embarrassed and feel like she has to say thankyou. "pierce through my heart"??? *gags*

That is a shame! I think if you have to stay away from the topic of music then she isn't the girl for you Slam. I find it hard to believe she would have gotten offended by you saying you hate rap and punk.

Can't say I'd tell someone I barely know unless it was brought up in conversation.

- In my travels, I've been known to go by 2 aliases. One, my last name, the other my first. Back when we were just getting aquainted she asked which I prefered. I said my first. (As hardly anyone ever says it...and it's a nice change of pace when they do.) The next couple of times she went by it, then switched off, and now...it's pretty much just my last name. Maybe I'm looking too deep into it....but that kinda says to me her interest (if there is/ever was one) is waining.
Mr Cowie goes by two names, we have been together for 10 years and I alternate between the two, even in one conversation.

- On one of the more fresher visits, I was doodlin on a scrap piece of paper. She asked me to draw her a pic, to which I replied..."ummm....ok". (I'm such a ladies man!) The attempt was a shitty one, so I opted to work on a piece at home. She said she wanted it by that Friday...but lo-and-behold, over 2 weeks later, I still haven't finished it. (I strive for perfection...what can I say) I've seen her 3 or so times since the deadline, and she hasn't brought it up. (Nor have I, as I'd rather it be as much of a surprise as it can be) She's still talkative with me, but, well...today, I didn't even get a hello. So I'm assuming she's kinda peeved about it.
She can't be very grown up if she doesn't say hello over a silly thing like that.

So yeah...taking all of that into consideration, I find myself saying: What the fuck? If she does infact like me (and if all of that points to it) why not just make it appearant? I know women enough to know they're a subtle sex. But if the prey ain't catching on, do you chicks up the ante? Or do ya's just shrug it off and consider the target disinterested?

Believe me, I don't aim to come off that way. But being unable to gauge her motives, and being that I'm not as socialy-involved as the next guy, I've hesitated from pushing my "game" up a notch.

Also...being jobless/carless/and about 40 minutes away from where she's located kinda narrows my chances of anything materializing. I've wanted to see if she wants to hang out...but considering my situation, I find it laughable to consider. Afterall...what kind of women digs a pennyless bum she'd have to venture almost an hour to see? Gas ain't cheap afterall.

There ya have it...my (for lack of a better term) love live for all to disect and inspect. I'm just tired of pondering what if. So a little clearity would be nice to have.

Let'er rip! :D
Step it up Slam. What have you got to lose? Umm nothing. What could you possibly gain? Everything.

You might be penniless but contrary to popular belief girls aren't just after money all the time. Some are but not all. Besides, you are good looking and you have a fantastic sense of humour, if she doesn't feel the same about you as you do her then she is silly.

N

·
0 Posts
Not the best idea I've heard, but it could work. Fuck her brains, literally.

·
The Old Man
2,046 Posts
Otacon said:
Stab her in the head and have sex with her brain.
Subtle for sure, but ultimatley I feel, not a sucessful approach.

There are truely, only two scenarios Slammer, and as I expect you to be bombed, I'll number them for you.

1. You never ask her out, and you continue to drive yourself (and us, lol) mad ad-finitum with your lack of an answer.

or

2. You ask her out, and at worst, you save yourself two 40 minute trips every day. :)

It ain't rocket science my friend...:p

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
I agree with Swindy and Cowie. Ask her. Tell her. Whatever, just let her know. Like Swindy says, if she doesn't feel the same (worst case scenario) you're not likely to just bump into each other.

In an ideal world, you'd tell her, she'd bin the boyfriend and shack up with you instead. That 40 minute drive will fly by every time if it happens. Go for it. You have nothing to lose but your pride, and people who are too proud don't deserve anything, let alone some sack action.

Listen to your elders. We speak from experience. :)

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
I once had a girl show me her nipple ring. She still wasn't interested.

You're in a good spot, it's not like you'd have to see her everyday if she turned you down. Just fake an interest in something she likes, it works. Also speak as broad as possible.

·
Banned
4,310 Posts
Yeah, I agree with everyone else. Just go for it. 40 minutes isn't that much anyway...my mom drives 40 minutes just to get to the mall. :)

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah...but she's not going to the mall to pick up Grizzly Addams' midget nephew. :lmao

Must say I appreciate the words you guys have bestowed upon me. (Sans Otacon's Brain En-dick-tomy idea...that's just wrong) :no:

I'll probably see her again on Friday, hopefuly with an artistic present in tow. We'll see how it pans out. :D

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Yeah she wants you to show up. Not denting your pride or nuffin but she probably gets bored shitless and you provide some entertainment or eye candy.
maybe she doesnt want you to show up as much as she wants you to know when she isnt working and is available for something outside of work??????

for real, just walk up and ask what 20 dollars and a bottle of tequilla will get you and see what happens.

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Heh...she'd be the one drinking all the tequilla. (Not that she'd mind any...she likes the drinky-drinky) Yours truly gets an instant migrane when inducing achohol, so that does me no good. (Sinusitis...it's a bitch)

I've tried that "show up near the end of the day" idea...but usualy I'm with my friend who works there, so running off with her and ditching him'd be kinda asshole-ish.

I've thought about seeing if she wants to hitch up for a bone cruise...but not being able to supply neither the bone nor the cruise, I figured I'd wait to see if she offered.

Meh...one day at a time I suppose. :D

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I've tried that "show up near the end of the day" idea...but usualy I'm with my friend who works there, so running off with her and ditching him'd be kinda asshole-ish.
it's not asshole-ish if that is the plan to begin with. friends understand. at least i would. that's what friends are for.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts