Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dark match- Showtime Percy Watson defeated Tyler Reks

Superstars--Chris Masters and JTG defeated Chavo Guerrero and Curt Hawkins. Fun back and forth match, Masters won with a Masterlock on Chavo.

Smackdown opened with Kofi celebrating his title win from last week. Jack Swagger interrupted, which led to-
Kofi Kingston defeating Jack Swagger. Not sure if this was a title match. Fun back and forth match, Kofi won with the SOS, but it appeared the ending was botched when Swagger didn't kick out at the right time.

Next, they filmed the opening and pyro. Del Rio came out and put himself over and talked about winning the Rumble. He was interrupted by R-Truth, who was interrupted by Dashing Cody Rhodes, who was interrupted by Rey Mysterio. A brawl was broken up by Teddy Long, which led to--
Rey Mysterio and Rtruth defeated Cody Rhodes and Alberto Del Rio. Another fun back and forth match, Rey won after a 619 and top rope splash onto Rhodes. Mysterio slipped off the rope performing the splash, and laughed it off afterward.

Trent Barretta beat Drew McIntyre. Drew dominated the match, was looking to Gorilla press Barretta over the top, when he slipped off for a quick roll-up win.

McIntyre attacked Barretta in the back, but stopped when Kelly Kelly walked in. He apologized and told her he had aggression issues, and she told him she didn't like being around people who cause others pain, and told him to grow up.

Wade Barrett vs Big Show went to a no contest. When Big Show had the upper hand, Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel stormed the ring to help Wade. Ezekiel Jackson also showed up and joined in on the beat down. They all joined hands and celebrated together.

Beth Phoenix defeated Michelle McCool. McCool controlled most of the match and worked over Beths injured knee. Finish came when Beth went for the Glam Slam and Michelle rolled through for a pin, but Beth rolled back through for the win. Layla and Michelle are both great looking women, and Beth is pretty hot too.

Cutting Edge with special guests Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero. Lots of back and forth and jabs at Vickie. She gets amazing heat, I could barely hear when she talked, and I was front row. She said Dolph was a real man, and showed footage of Edge making out with Alicia Fox the day before he married Vickie. Edge said he also had some footage to share, and showed AJ and Primo walking in on Dolph and Kaitlyn making out 2 months ago. Edge knocked Dolph out of the ring. Vickie slapped him several times, and he looked to spear her, but was pulled from the ring and beat down by Dolph. He and Vickie stood over Edge and made out to close the show. Very good segment.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
smackdown is off to a great start in 2011. i like the group of wade, slater, gabriel, and jackson and it really gives life to smackdown . plus , with the rise of ziggler smackdown is starting to feel fresh again.

I cant wait to see the cutting edge this week and im happy that edge is going to feud with vickie also as it will really make the feud vs ziggler personal.

·
The Winds of Change
5,629 Posts
Damn, Big Zeke in the SD Nexus...

You know when I read the first line or two of that about Gabriel and Slater running in, I kind of rolled my eyes thinking "Nexus vs. Nexus...nWo Wolfpack vs. nWo Hollywood...real original" - but when I read that Ezekiel Jackson ran in and helped on the beat down, my interest in the whole angle perked 20 fold. Big Zeke is exactly what that group needed. The original Nexus line up - that ended up dropping like flies - was the most intimidating and one of the most contributing parts was the big man, Skip Sheffield. Having a huge guy in any group instantly adds credibility to them because they physically are larger and it is believable that they could dominate other superstars.

I think Barrett's SD Nexus, or whatever they are going to call it, has a lot more potential than Punk's to be honest at this point... However, I am expecting Punk to get 1 or 2 more members, it will just be interesting to see who they will be.

Something I thought of also that is pretty funny, is how a lot of people were knocking anyone who made mention of Gabriel being the last one to raise his arm after Punk debuted as the new leader of Nexus, speculating if there was anything behind it. And it ends up being that Gabriel was indeed unsure about going with Punk. Looking back at the last 3 Raws, Gabriel seemed apprehensive about doing Punk's instructions, especially the initiation beatings.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Barrett's group is WAY more intimidating than Punk's Nexus right off the bat. Barrett and Zeke are both bigger than any member of Punk's Nexus. Punk will need a new member or two, mainly a powerhouse (returning Skip Sheffield?), to compare to that, though.

Funny that Otunga is now the only original member of Nexus left in the group...who saw that coming? The least talented guy gets the longest tenure, lol.

But Barrett is so good as the leader of a stable that I'm fine with him getting a new one. And the addition of Zeke makes it a real wrecking crew. Good use of Zeke, because to be perfectly frank the guy's kind of useless on his own. Now, I see these two groups going to war in the Royal Rumble match, as Barrett's guys try to give Barrett the win and Punk's guys try to give Punk the win.

Punk is probably getting Cena at WrestleMania while Barrett gets the Undertaker, so they're probably getting the two biggest stars in the company. Another parallel between Barrett and Punk's respective paths...

·
Canuck
5,134 Posts
I'm REALLY liking this Wade Barrett move to SD! Good decision putting him there. Jackson, like Striker said earlier looks like the "guy" to watch in 2011. Nexus vs. Nexus could be damn good. This has caught my interest. WWE is looking very surprising on the "Road to WrestleMania" this year.

·
HOPE
20,241 Posts
Initial thoughts on the show:

- Mysterio and ADR have been involved in far too many tag matches together. I understand that they're starting the Royal Rumble hype, but after having them finish their feud last week, they shouldn't be in the same ring together again this week. That just doesn't make sense. I understand the SmackDown! roster is thin on the face side of things, but Del Rio needs to find himself in the ring without Mysterio also being there. The formula for this got old about two months ago.

- Not too sure about Zeke in Barrett's renegade group. Personally, I would have preferred to have seen Skip Sheffield in there, as I think he fits in with Nexus perfectly. On top of that, the SmackDown! midcard is really lacking in faces, and Zeke was looking like part of the solution to that. He also seems to be switching between face and heel far too frequently now.

- On the upside for the midcard face group, Baretta getting a win is awesome. I understand it's just a fluke win, but if they can slowly build him up with a few of these, then he'll be in some business. Now all we need is for McIntyre to go through and complete the face turn, and for Masters to get a bit of a push, and suddenly you've got some potential there with the faces.

- Kofi/Swagger happening already makes it seem like it'll be the new Ziggler/Kofi in terms of having matches every week over the IC Title. That's one thing that irks me about the booking on the blue brand - when they find something that works, they just completely go over the top and use it far too often. It all started with Batista/Mysterio last year, and since then it seems like the formula has been far too similar. They should look to switch things up a bit.

- Ziggler pashing Kaitlyn coming out now seems a bit random. I was thinking it could be used for a face turn, but I guess not. It wouldn't be a bad thing if Vickie left Dolph now and he got to prove himself against Edge alone though, I guess.

Looks like a pretty solid show in all.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Wade Barrett's Nexus looks fucking badass! Punk's Nexus looks like a joke in comparison. I dread a full-fledged babyface turn for Drew, ugh, he should remain as tweener imo, that makes his character interesting. The Cutting Edge segment sounds good, from the sound of it it seems Vickie is doing all the mic work which i'm not a fan of, but the decision to have Ziggler lay Edge out at the end is a good decision because everyone and their grandma knows that Ziggler ain't gonna win at the Rumble so Ziggler should look strong during build-up. Really looking forward to this episode.

·
Banned
10,470 Posts
That ending segment sounds like segment of the year so far unless you wanna go with Punk joining Nexus or when he was about to jump off the top of the titatron. Looks like a good show and I'm glad to see Barretta pick up the win and Ezekiel turn heel. With Ezekiel by Barretts side Nexus will be a force on smackdown for sure.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Dark match- Showtime Percy Watson defeated Tyler Reks
Oh Yeah!

Time for Percy to be called up onto the SD main roster.

Smackdown opened with Kofi celebrating his title win from last week. Jack Swagger interrupted, which led to-
Kofi Kingston defeating Jack Swagger. Not sure if this was a title match. Fun back and forth match, Kofi won with the SOS, but it appeared the ending was botched when Swagger didn't kick out at the right time.
It's Kofi vs. Ziggles all over again!

Next, they filmed the opening and pyro. Del Rio came out and put himself over and talked about winning the Rumble. He was interrupted by R-Truth, who was interrupted by Dashing Cody Rhodes, who was interrupted by Rey Mysterio. A brawl was broken up by Teddy Long, which led to--
Rey Mysterio and Rtruth defeated Cody Rhodes and Alberto Del Rio. Another fun back and forth match, Rey won after a 619 and top rope splash onto Rhodes. Mysterio slipped off the rope performing the splash, and laughed it off afterward.
Hey look, it's the feud that will never end.

Trent Barretta beat Drew McIntyre. Drew dominated the match, was looking to Gorilla press Barretta over the top, when he slipped off for a quick roll-up win.

McIntyre attacked Barretta in the back, but stopped when Kelly Kelly walked in. He apologized and told her he had aggression issues, and she told him she didn't like being around people who cause others pain, and told him to grow up.
Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Wade Barrett vs Big Show went to a no contest. When Big Show had the upper hand, Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel stormed the ring to help Wade. Ezekiel Jackson also showed up and joined in on the beat down. They all joined hands and celebrated together.
SD Nexus looks good.

Beth Phoenix defeated Michelle McCool. McCool controlled most of the match and worked over Beths injured knee. Finish came when Beth went for the Glam Slam and Michelle rolled through for a pin, but Beth rolled back through for the win. Layla and Michelle are both great looking women, and Beth is pretty hot too.
Yeah...well...whatever

Cutting Edge with special guests Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero. Lots of back and forth and jabs at Vickie. She gets amazing heat, I could barely hear when she talked, and I was front row. She said Dolph was a real man, and showed footage of Edge making out with Alicia Fox the day before he married Vickie. Edge said he also had some footage to share, and showed AJ and Primo walking in on Dolph and Kaitlyn making out 2 months ago. Edge knocked Dolph out of the ring. Vickie slapped him several times, and he looked to spear her, but was pulled from the ring and beat down by Dolph. He and Vickie stood over Edge and made out to close the show. Very good segment.
Kaitlyn is still employed? I need to see more of her.

The Edge vs. Ziggles WHC match should defenitely happen at the Rumble.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.