Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we really need an over(bad)acting heel commentator in Michael Cole? its so bad it gets cringe-worthy, you feel ashamed watching wwe when he starts.

I just dont get why the need for it, I understand that one of em cheering for the face and the another for the heel, but do they really need to make him so obvious heel, just becaxuse he cheer for most of the heels?
Is he supposed to be funny?

Its over the top, like alot in the wwe.

This I´m gonna get flamed for I´m sure. Look at Impact wrestling, where they both are kinda in the middle of it. And that they both dislikes heels like Bobby Rode etc makes them feel more heelish imo. Yes, I would pick Taz over Cole anyday.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Cole was better WITH Taz IMO. he was never this over the top 10 years ago.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,814 Posts
It's really lame Cole went from hating Bryan's guts to absolutely loving the guy.

Anyway, I like Cole, but he can often be a douchebag.

I miss guys like Bobby Heenan, Jesse Ventura, Gorilla Monsoon and even Vince on the mic. True hilarious times and much more interesting to listen to.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The WWE "formula" for most of the past 25 years has been having a heel announcer as part of each announce team (McMahon/VENTURA, Monsoon/HEENAN, Ross/LAWLER, Cole/JBL) and I think that's been a good choice. As Lawler slowly morphed into a face, I guess they felt the need to balance him by making Cole a heel. I'm sure Cole relished the opportunity when he first got it, but it went off the rails a long time ago.

·
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The WWE "formula" for most of the past 25 years has been having a heel announcer as part of each announce team (McMahon/VENTURA, Monsoon/HEENAN, Ross/LAWLER, Cole/JBL) and I think that's been a good choice. As Lawler slowly morphed into a face, I guess they felt the need to balance him by making Cole a heel. I'm sure Cole relished the opportunity when he first got it, but it went off the rails a long time ago.
The thing is that Cole is going so over with it. I just wanna punch him in the face, not in the good way. I want to punch Johnny Ace´s face too, but because he´s a good heel.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I've said it before, but a play-by-play heel commentator doesn't work. It makes Cole sound schizophrenic where one second he's plugging the sponsors with enthusiasm or plugging a DVD of a face, or just a legend is on the show and he's hyping them up with enthusiasm, and the next second he's calling someone a goofball and being really obnoxious. Although maybe that's just because Cole has to do all those things because King's incompetant. Which in that case, get Matthews or Striker out on Raw. Colour commentators should be the only heel commentators in my opinion, i.e. Don West in TNA.

Also with Cole, he's a terrible heel commentator because he outright bashes all the faces, whereas a lot of the good heel commentators in the past will support the heels, but also give the faces some credit to try to put them over. It's unbearable on Raw as Cole just bashes all of the faces mercilessly, and King is so shit he barely defends them. It's not a big issue on Smackdown because Booker is a good face commentator and actually defends the faces that Cole bashes, but it makes Raw horrible to watch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts