Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has there honestly been a knockout match where the commentators DON'T treat the women like they're purely sex objects?

I'm a guy and sure, they are attractive, but it's fucking annoying hearing the same shit every week. There's rarely ever any serious commentating during these matches. It's just...pretty much disrespectful, not in good taste and to make things worse it ISN'T funny. I'ts not entertaining. It's not smart.

I always get on about the commentary, but after maybe a full year of it now (Can't remember if it was the same with Don West), it's just getting tiring.

Can these commentators please just call a match how it's supposed to be called?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Nope....Don West Called Every Match The Same Way...Heavyweights, X-Division Or Knockouts He Usually Treated Them All As Legit Athletes....

This Whole Letting Pigeons Loose Crap And Referring To All The Woman On The Roster As "Tomatos" Started When They Let That Scum Tazz In The Building...

I Guess Tazz Just Got Used To Hosting Bikini Contests Over On Smackdown And Now He Refuses To View Wrestlers Who Just Happen To Be Women As Anything Other Then A Bunch of Useless Diva's...

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Has there honestly been a knockout match where the commentators DON'T treat the women like they're purely sex objects?

I'm a guy and sure, they are attractive, but it's fucking annoying hearing the same shit every week. There's rarely ever any serious commentating during these matches. It's just...pretty much disrespectful, not in good taste and to make things worse it ISN'T funny. I'ts not entertaining. It's not smart.

I always get on about the commentary, but after maybe a full year of it now (Can't remember if it was the same with Don West), it's just getting tiring.

asking for taz and tenay to treat the knockouts with respect would be the same as asking hulk hogan to get off tv, total waste of time

honesly... they've been burying everything about the knockouts since hogan arrived, before hogan the knockouts were seen as an actual division, but now that hogan arrived, ... i would dare to think the knockouts are being treated even worse than the divas back at the E wich makes it worse

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
The majority of TNA's audience are heterosexual males. Some of the comments are funny other times they aren't. Tenay usually comes off 10 times creepy during a KO match. Getting rid of both guys (not just for KO segments and matches) would be the best bet.

·
Banned
8,557 Posts

DW only looked horny when the BP was wrestling.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
It's bad and it's obvious TNA doesn't care enough for it to change, but replacing them just for KO matches wouldn't work. Besides, who's going to want to listen to the wrestling insights of Christy Hemme during a match?

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
It's bad and it's obvious TNA doesn't care enough for it to change, but replacing them just for KO matches wouldn't work. Besides, who's going to want to listen to the wrestling insights of Christy Hemme during a match?
Commentary in general got worse once Bischoff/Hogan arrived.
Compare Taz from last year with Taz this year.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
Commentary in general got worse once Bischoff/Hogan arrived.
Compare Taz from last year with Taz this year.
Taz last year - Cares about how he looks just coming from WWE.

Taz this year - Doesn't give a shit.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Taz called Daffney Zombie hot all last year, he didn't just start saying cheesy lines. Their comments have gotten cheasier yes but they do not downgrade their wrestling ability. Taz/Tenay complement them on their abilities and actually made fun of Lacey and those who suck. KO segments ratings stay high, and they are back to actually wrestling.

I blame Hogan/Bisch for stupid shit like the mud wrestling with TBP, and flat out saying "this is for ratings", that is retarded. Now that they realize that was stupid, injecting Mickie James has made KOs a show highlight once more. Who cares if they say they are hot? They are hot. "Let the pigeons loose" is cool, what is the complain about that.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
It's more than past time for a new announcing team. And not just for commentary during Knockouts matches. The current pairing is stale and mediocre regardless of the match or segments. Something like Borash and West would be so much better.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
It's no where near as bad as Lawler during his "puppies" phase in WWE.

TBP are the only ones on the receiving end of any really sexualised comments, but their gimmick is reflective of that. All the other girls get some typical guy comments which guys would say about chicks in real life (just like how girls talk about guys amongst themselves). Taz talking about how it would be to date a woman like Madison Rayne with her screaming in your face all the time is amusing. "Muy caliente" is pretty annoying though.

The division's picked up some steam again in the last month and a half, so with them using more of the Knockouts than just TBP they'll probably lessen.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I always thought they should get an actual woman on commentary when the KO are wrestling and Don West... That would be awesome :)
YES! SHIMMER has women wrestlers do commentary along side their regular commentator. Not only does it help legitimize the match, it also helps the women get some mic time/training.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
IMO, it's mostly the Beautiful People that get these remarks. Sarita, Mickie, Winter and the like don't seem to get nowhere near as much.
True although Tazz has made many remarks toward Sarita and Mickie recently.

·
Premium Member
8,525 Posts
It is annoying but you Don West marks amaze me saying that Don didn't make comments because I posted forum topics back when it was going on because it was so annoying. Truth is, they all need to STFU and call the damn matches. The knockouts being hot isn't something the audience needs to be told...it's right before our eyes. Luckily you West marks aren't getting D.W. back on commentary. Part of my anti-D.W. campaign was based on his Knockouts perving. It's true, some wrestling fans have short/select memories. No more gasping and raspy voice, sorry D.W. marks.

Truth is they need to keep it light on the comments. Like Zombie Hot was cool and caught on. What's not good is going "oh yeah...look at that oh yeah, camera guy yeah yeah move in for a closeup" -- that was basically D.W. on commentary. Now Taz is getting annoying with his "pigeons". Thing is though the KO division isn't what it used to be...thanks to Hogan and Bischoff we lost the unique blend of KOs which made it special. Now it's all sexuality based which cheapens it because while I love sexy KOs, I'd like to see them compete against tom-boyish KOs (ODB, Roxxi). But what can you expect from the Hulkster who enjoys rubbing tanning lotion on his daughter? Yeah...

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Totally agree. I don't see how ranting on about their hotness improves the entertainment value of the match or the show. If they're hot then they're hot, the commentators can't convince you they're hot. It's not like a verbal persuasion will do it.
Something like Borash and West would be so much better.
This would be a dream. Borash has a great wrestling personality and is wasted doing ring introductions and backstage segments where he doesn't do a thing. And West was the best heel commentator since JBL.

"If that's Suicide, then who's dressed as Daniels" FTW!

Plus a new team with "new" guys in the booth would make them give a shit about what they're doing. Tenay and Taz have gotten too complacent.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts