A.

Problem.

Here?

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Liefeld.

From the biggest draw in the world to the biggest joke in the world. He's like a bad(der) Jim Lee.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
i certainly hope everyone read jock's new adventures of superman book these last two weeks

it had a joker appearance

·
SNOWBLIND
7,529 Posts
JRJr has gotten a lot better over the years. I still can't tell if I like or hate his art though.
I'm sort of like this, but only not "hate" as opposed to...well, I don't really know. Like, I wouldn't really say he's one of my favourite artists or that I love the guy or anything, but when I see his name on a book I'm all like "well hey, that's cool" and rarely feel like I'll be disappointed. Like, I don't really know shit about comics or comic book writers or comic book artists, but his art is distinctive enough to me that I'll recognise it pretty much right away (the square jaws, etc). His art on Amazing Spider-Man during the Ezekiel/Morlun arc is something I'd always remembered, since it was around that point that I stopped following the book way back like sixty three years ago. When I picked up the JMS volumes of his ASM run a couple years back it had that arc with the same art at the beginning, and if nothing else it hit me in the nostalgia button. Plus the image of May standing over a half beaten to death Peter with his costume in her hands has always stuck with me.

·
31,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
God of Cunt, you should read Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E and Secret Avengers: Run the Mission, Don't Get Seen, Save the World.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
both fun reads

the single issue story is something that needs to brought back. i love that ellis used it in secret avengers

·
31,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
You should read JMS' Brave and the Bold.

Saw this, giggled.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
of course master bruce

also Jason Aaron's God Butcher storyline was decent

so is Rick's Uncanny Avengers. Though it seems to drag on forever. Im still not entirely sure what im supposed to be feeling

still, im glad wolverine stopped killing as much. admitting you have a problem is the first step

·
Registered
12,078 Posts
I can attest to that. Uncanny Avengers is great although it did drag a bit in the beginning of the run.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
seph, im sorry

i tried reading it several times, its fine, but i just dont care

secret six is really fun though

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
i'll probably give it another try during my flight tomorrow

thanks to my new kindle fire HD, comics are being read now more than ever!

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
Shame we're not getting a movie, but good enough!

I'm avoiding Justice League: War. Some gifs I've seen made the movie look cool, but it gives off too much of a 'new 52' vibe and that turns me off.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
its pretty terrible

they completely butchered superman's character. he became the biggest douchebag ever. even when batman was trying to talk to him, supes kept pummeling him

but the real abortion was darkseid. they more or less turned him into doomsday

still, the movie had its moments

161 - 180 of 2248 Posts