Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 2248 Posts

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
old

it literally takes 6 issues for anything to happen

in trade form its quite fun, you barely notice it. but in single issue form, it murders your soul

·
SNOWBLIND
7,529 Posts
Well yeah, a lot of issues felt like long conversations (which apparently is a Bendis thing, but I'd never paid enough attention to notice either way). I didn't mind it that much because I could read then all on that Marvel Unlimited thing, but yeah, month to month it would've been pretty shitty.

·
SNOWBLIND
7,529 Posts
It's basically a thing on Marvel's website where you pay either a monthly or annual subscription to read the books online (and there's an app for iPhones and iPads). There's a shitload of comics on it, although I don't really know shit about shit with this stuff so I have no idea how much is missing. From what I gather they have most of the "important"/well-known stuff and there's large chunks of the books like X-Men, Spider-Man, Cap, Avengers (and the multiple variants of those books) that have been going for a million years. Like, they don't have EVERY issue of Uncanny X-Men or Amazing Spider-Man or whatever, but they do have a ton of them. Most of the famous/critically acclaimed runs on books seem to be covered (Lee and Kirby on FF, Simonson on Thor, most of Claremont's Uncanny X-Men, Lee and Ditko on Amazing Spider-Man, etc). I get the sense they have more or less everything from the 2000s forward and tonnes from the 60s-80s. Don't have as much 90s, but then most people seem to think the 90s sucked, anyway (I don't have much to add to that since, again, I don't really know shit about shit). Only thing is, they're about six months behind in regards to the current books. As in, say _______ #27 comes out this month in actual book format, the digital version of #21 will be added to Marvel Unlimited. Which doesn't bother me because I'm always years behind on everything and only get the urge to read stuff once every 18 months or so, anyway.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
i dont mind the time delay as much

so is it like download the comics on the app or is it like netflix where you need an internet connection

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
OMG JRJR JUMPED TO DC!!!! OMFG.

Officially announced:

Superman
Written by Geoff Johns
Art by John Romita MOTHERFUCKING Jr.

I bet WCW just blew his load

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
i dont mind the time delay as much

so is it like download the comics on the app or is it like netflix where you need an internet connection
i may subsribe

thanks god of cunt

you are the bendis daredevil of posters

Officially announced:

Superman
Written by Geoff Johns

Jrjr is a pretty controversial artist from what ive read

i mean, personally i enjoy his rough style, but I can see why so many dislike it

for books like Superman and spider-man though? hed be perfect

·
Registered
22,868 Posts

Officially announced:

Superman
Written by Geoff Johns

Does this mean Superman will actually act like Superman now?

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
JRJr has gotten a lot better over the years. I still can't tell if I like or hate his art though.
ive heard the opposite to be honest. that he was better before

havent seen much of his 90s work though so i cant comment

whats weird is that when given time, JrJr is absolutely incredible.

·
women sense my power and they seek the life essenc
11,657 Posts
jrjrs original spiderman run was basically him trying to imitate his father

it was a really good imitation too, but i prefer his style now

hes said before that his uxm run was the low point of his career. the daredevil run he did after that where he really found his artistic style for the first time was great though

·
women sense my power and they seek the life essenc
11,657 Posts
also, seeing JrJr draw DC characters is going to be fucking weird

hes the only artist currently still working regularly that i will buy a comic book for though

141 - 160 of 2248 Posts