Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 2248 Posts

·
SNOWBLIND
7,529 Posts
It's been amazing. I'll probably put in the same rank, if not, above Bendi's run. The book is consistently good no matter what. I seriously can't recall a single bad issue. As a huge Daredevil fan, making him fun again was the best thing they could have done. There's only so many ways you can try to make someone's life a constant living hell without getting boring.

You don't actually need to read that much if you want to head straight into Superior. ASM #698-700 should be enough to get you all caught up. Either way, Slott's Spidey run has been good, so you'll probably won't be dissapointed. Also, Spider-Island was an entertaining event so you have that to look forward to. It also leads directly into Scarlet Spider, which was one of the best comic books in the past couple of years you SHOULD probably read. Too bad no one was buying it so it got cancelled :(
Cool. I have the harback of the first ten or so issues, and another one comes out late February, so I'll probably pick that up as well. I'll get on it soon. I actually started re-reading the Bendis run there since I bought the first two collections of his run years ago and never finished them. I might wind up reading Bendis' run and then Brubaker's (which I've never read before) before starting on Waid's. I've heard that Brubaker's run is even more bleak than Bendis', so I imagine I'll welcome Waid's writing after all that.

Yeah, I figured I could get caught up to the Superior run with the last Amazing story, but the Spider-Man books were always my favourite, and hearing positive things about Slott's run I wanted to go back a bit further. I probably won't get through it until the Superior run is released as a hardback omnibus collection, anyway. I tend to dally. The Scarlet Spider book was actually another reason I wanted to go back a bit further as well. I had no idea what the book was about, then I read that it was basically Kain reborn and that came about in the Spider Island arc. So I probably would've read that at some point, anyway.

·
The User Without Fear
2,811 Posts
Cool. I have the harback of the first ten or so issues, and another one comes out late February, so I'll probably pick that up as well. I'll get on it soon. I actually started re-reading the Bendis run there since I bought the first two collections of his run years ago and never finished them. I might wind up reading Bendis' run and then Brubaker's (which I've never read before) before starting on Waid's. I've heard that Brubaker's run is even more bleak than Bendis', so I imagine I'll welcome Waid's writing after all that.

Yeah, I figured I could get caught up to the Superior run with the last Amazing story, but the Spider-Man books were always my favourite, and hearing positive things about Slott's run I wanted to go back a bit further. I probably won't get through it until the Superior run is released as a hardback omnibus collection, anyway. I tend to dally. The Scarlet Spider book was actually another reason I wanted to go back a bit further as well. I had no idea what the book was about, then I read that it was basically Kain reborn and that came about in the Spider Island arc. So I probably would've read that at some point, anyway.
Since you like Spidey and friends, Rick Remender's Venom might be another awesome series you can try. It's a lot darker than most Spidey family books, but it's was nice to see an actual hero like Flash Thompson actually using and trying to keep the symbiote under control. However, once Bunn takes over the book, just stop reading it and save the money. The dip in quality is pretty noticeable.

Lastly, Greg Rucka's Punisher was a great standalone series that took place in the 616 Universe. You don't need to know anything about the Punisher to get into it. I never liked Frank Castle much, but that series made into into a fan of his. Sadly, Marvel hasn't released a onmibus containing all the stories even thought they were only 21 issues, so that means buying all 5 different TPB.

Marvel's street level books are consistently good, so you really can't go wrong with any of them. They're a lot more grounded in reality, which means you don't often see the dumb, convoluted, and confusing storylines that tend to take place in books like the Avengers.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
yes it is good to be back so we can complain about stuff

still think the adventures of superman online weekly is fun. especially this weeks. grod knows why DC cant get a decent monthly

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #117

I've met some people along the way,
Some of them split some of them stay,
Some of them walk some walk on by,
I've got a few friends I'll love till I die
From all of these people I try to learn,
Some of them shine some of them burn,
Some of them rise some of them fall,
For good or bad I've known them all

We live our life in our own way,
Never really listened to what they say,
The kind of faith that doesn't fade away
We are the true believers

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
i stopped caring about anything DC do quite a while ago

literally the only two books by DC i read are wonder woman and online only Adventures of superman

though to be fair, johns writes a decent lex and captain cold

101 - 120 of 2248 Posts