Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2248 Posts

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Looks like we need to send WCW back to the past ala Days of Future Past to fix that.

·
31,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
CBR named Hawkeye and Saga the best two comics of 2013.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
80's West Coast Avengers is one of my favorite Avengers runs. Other than that, not particularly big on the character. I'm sure it's a good book, just not my bag.

·
women sense my power and they seek the life essenc
11,657 Posts
Do you guys want to do a tournament to decide what WF's favorite comic book is? I'm thinking 128 nominations, 4 matches per day. We'll bang it out within a month.

Also, I'll try and come up with a survey we can fill out for our favorite stuff of 2013.
Favorite comic of the year or all time? I haven't read 128 comics that came out this year

·
women sense my power and they seek the life essenc
11,657 Posts
sounds good. there are only like 10 people on the forum that seriously read comic books tho and batman the long halloween would probably win

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Top 3 Batman, Justice League, Spiderman and X-Men graphic novels? I realize there are tons of recommendations on the first page but I'd like it narrowed down to the absolute best. Never read a comic or graphic novel before but I have a general awareness of characters and a few storylines.

·
31,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Top 3 Batman, Justice League, Spiderman and X-Men graphic novels? I realize there are tons of recommendations on the first page but I'd like it narrowed down to the absolute best. Never read a comic or graphic novel before but I have a general awareness of characters and a few storylines.
Some of these may not be "the best" but they are must reads or perfect books for new readers. A lot of readers may argue they are some of the best tho.

Batman:
The Dark Knight Returns
Year One
The Killing Joke

Justice League:
Crisis on Infinite Earths
Tower of Babel
Kingdom Come

Spider-Man:
The Death of Jean DeWolff
Spider-Man: Blue
Kraven's Last Hunt

X-Men:
God Loves, Man Kills
Days of Future Past
Dark Phoenix Saga

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Haven't bought anything in 2014 yet, but heading to the shop mid-morning!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Some of these may not be "the best" but they are must reads or perfect books for new readers. A lot of readers may argue they are some of the best tho.

Batman:
The Dark Knight Returns
Year One
The Killing Joke

Justice League:
Crisis on Infinite Earths
Tower of Babel
Kingdom Come

Spider-Man:
The Death of Jean DeWolff
Spider-Man: Blue
Kraven's Last Hunt

X-Men:
God Loves, Man Kills
Days of Future Past
Dark Phoenix Saga
Thanks. I've seen the movie of Year One and Dark Knight Returns, the latter I absolutely loved.

·
The One Free Man
7,331 Posts
I'm not the biggest Comic book reader, sadly where I live we don't have a Comic Book store so I mainly just buy the Trades of them when they become available. The ones I usually buy are Batman and Green Lantern, started to collect the Blackest Night event but still don't own all of them.

Recently I purchased the Hawkeye Oversized Edition by Matt Fraction, and also the Peter Panzerfaust Deluxe Edition. I've only read half of the Hawkeye book but I'm really enjoying, love the artwork to it. Haven't started the Panzerfaust book but it looks interesting.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts

·
Registered
12,449 Posts
Finished the Bendis Daredevil run. Pretty awesome, even if the final 5 or so issues dragged on(not in a bad way) but I enjoyed it. Can't wait to get the Brubaker run. How good is his run ? Bendis seems to get a lot more praise than Brubaker despite having a really good run himself(so I've heard)

·
Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
4,744 Posts
Superior Venom is making me :mark: so hard

·
SNOWBLIND
7,529 Posts
Has anything good come out of the New 52 thing DC did? Have they stopped referring to it as the New 52? I only really get the urge to read a comic once every eighteen months or so, so I always come back a million miles out of the loop.

I read most of the Uncanny X-Force run, but I never read the last arc and I've forgotten most of the earlier issues anyway (other than that they were boss and probably the best thing I read the last time I was in the mood to read a comic book), so I'll probably re-read all of that again. I checked amazon and the omnibus comes out in March, so I might just buy that.

I want to read the Wolverine & The X-Men book so I read the Schism arc to kind of catch myself up. I can't see this being as good as the Astonishing run by Whedon and...whoever drew it, but I like the idea of them being back at the school in New York rather than on Utopia or San Francisco.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
Has anything good come out of the New 52 thing DC did? Have they stopped referring to it as the New 52? I only really get the urge to read a comic once every eighteen months or so, so I always come back a million miles out of the loop.

I read most of the Uncanny X-Force run, but I never read the last arc and I've forgotten most of the earlier issues anyway (other than that they were boss and probably the best thing I read the last time I was in the mood to read a comic book), so I'll probably re-read all of that again. I checked amazon and the omnibus comes out in March, so I might just buy that.

I want to read the Wolverine & The X-Men book so I read the Schism arc to kind of catch myself up. I can't see this being as good as the Astonishing run by Whedon and...whoever drew it, but I like the idea of them being back at the school in New York rather than on Utopia or San Francisco.
DC has always been notorious for their big 'villain' oriented crossover events. Right now, they're doing an arc titled Forever Evil. It's everything I love about DC, being reworked and retold. Plus Suicide Squad is a regular title again. \m/

If there's one thing you take/remember about UXF it should be Fantomex. Best new x-verse character in a long time.

21 - 40 of 2248 Posts