Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As first reported in Thursday's Dot Net Weekly audio show, Mickie James performed her "Hardcore Country" entrance music at the TNA Impact tapings this week. The segment featured a comical appearance by Eric Young wearing ass-less chaps (with underpants) while playing the cowbell in a moment inspired by Will Ferrell's legendary "More Cowbell" skit from "Saturday Night Live
."

The word backstage was that James didn't get much notice about the performance. She performed the vocals, but the band that accompanied her was not the actual band she normally plays with. Rather, sources note that a couple of the band members who performed with James at the tapings normally work as part of the production crew. The band didn't actually perform the music. Rather, they pretended to play along with the music, while James provided legitimate vocals.

Powell's POV: There was a lot of laughing amongst the TNA crew over Young's cowbell bit. Although one source noted that they felt bad for James performing on short notice and without her band, another source noted that she was wise to take the opportunity to sing on national television. We'll see how it comes off when the segment airs on television.

pwnet

oh young, what have you come to...what else will do to put some food at the table at the end of the month...

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Re: Comical notes regarding Mickie James's musical performance that will air on Impac

Hate that song so much. Sorry, Mickie. Hated when it was played on Xplosion

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Re: Comical notes regarding Mickie James's musical performance that will air on Impac

Would of been a ROFL moment for sure if Eric didn't have underpants on with the assless chaps to boot.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts

Who cares about that. I want to know about the waredrobe malfunction she had!

·
When we all fall alseep where do we go?
23,631 Posts

As first reported in Thursday's Dot Net Weekly audio show, Mickie James performed her "Hardcore Country" entrance music at the TNA Impact tapings this week. The segment featured a comical appearance by Eric Young wearing ass-less chaps (with underpants) while playing the cowbell in a moment inspired by Will Ferrell's legendary "More Cowbell" skit from "Saturday Night Live."

The word backstage was that James didn't get much notice about the performance. She performed the vocals, but the band that accompanied her was not the actual band she normally plays with. Rather, sources note that a couple of the band members who performed with James at the tapings normally work as part of the production crew. The band didn't actually perform the music. Rather, they pretended to play along with the music, while James provided legitimate vocals.

Powell's POV: There was a lot of laughing amongst the TNA crew over Young's cowbell bit. Although one source noted that they felt bad for James performing on short notice and without her band, another source noted that she was wise to take the opportunity to sing on national television. We'll see how it comes off when the segment airs on television.

pwnet

oh young, what have you come to...what else will do to put some food at the table at the end of the month...

The bolded part, oh yesssss this is going to be awesome :D

·
Registered
894 Posts

well I'm glad im not gonna watch the thanksgiving Impact then...

·
Banned
1,242 Posts

It's on next week's impact. Not this week's.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts

:lmao

Bryan Alvarez's new book will be a 100 frigging chapters this is just priceless.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts

My god, that sounds like the biggest waste of time. Hopefully it ends up airing on reaction.

I'm really not convinced about this whole country gimmick that Mickie James is pushing so hard, especially with her disposition as a face. It's all well and good for those who like country music and that whole asethetic, but for myself and the significant amount of people who find country music lame and irritating, it's only making us want to change the channel.

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts

HEY! GUESS WHAT?!?! I GOT A FEVER AND THE ONLY PRESCRIPTION IS MORE COWBELL!!!!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

this is gonna be the greatest thing since kiss performed on nitro

·
Banned
3,750 Posts

I guess part of the huge money deal to bring in the superstar Mickie James (LOL!) was to let her perform her crappy songs.

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts

Based on pictures we saw in the Women of Wrestling forum, we know we get to see her ass in some nice panties, which is a plus.

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,018 Posts

Dare I break out a "DISS! ISS! RASSLIN!" chant?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts

Her country gimmick is real not just a gimmick. I for one can not wait to see this because of Mickie i support her no matter what plus the brawl with her and Tara should be good again. Mickie singing not bad either. Also why laugh Mickie is popular and a superstar.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts

Her country gimmick is real not just a gimmick. I for one can not wait to see this because of Mickie i support her no matter what plus the brawl with her and Tara should be good again. Mickie singing not bad either. Also why laugh Mickie is popular and a superstar.
She may be popular, but she can't sing worth a shit.

HARD-CORE COUNTRY!! Ugh.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts

well thats his possibilities and legacy thrown onto the pile, long with Daniels, Jerry Lynn, Scott Hall and Homicide, shame that

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts

Her songs are really lame, on-the-nose, and uncreative. She is trying too hard to drive in the fact that she is 'country'.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts