Wrestling Forum banner

1521 - 1540 of 1578 Posts

·
Zombo
8,771 Posts
Cheers @Headliner

Well, we have ONE match completed, which is TLK / Clique. :hb

Baxter and M-Diggedy were assigned 3 debates in total, and they've been MIA for quite some time, so I'm working on re-assigning those. Seabs also had 4 debates that I'm re-assigning.

CGS was assigned a debate but I didn't see it in the judging, although I thought he told me his was in. I'll follow up.

RetepAdam has 2 debates that he said he would judge, but that was 10 days ago. I sent him a reminder PM now and told him to PM me.

Poyser just sent out the Retep/Curry debates, so I also PM'd Anark and Joel about sending me the judging instead when they get it done.

If there is anything in Seabs' inbox from Baxter or M-Diggedy, then let me know. Otherwise, I'll start finding their replacements.

·
Zombo
8,771 Posts
Forwarded debates and CGS judging. Not sure if you needed the debates.
Yeah the debates are big helps, as I can send them out now to be judged. Only a couple to re-assign now and we should get this going.

You wouldn't want to do any more judging would you? :side: Even MrMister style short feedback?

·
Zombo
8,771 Posts
Depends on which debate it is.
Got rid of one..

We have:

Curry vs RetepAdam - Do Sports in general do enough to combat racism?

Flay aka your boy Yoda vs CGS - Who will have more success in WWE out of Charlotte, Bayley and Sasha Banks?

If either one works for you....

·
Zombo
8,771 Posts
ツ;55308969 said:
I don't suppose you want to update the archives again at some point ZOMBO to make it easier to research for AWARDS~!
I might have some time Wednesday / Thursday, depending on how busy the office is. I will try to get to it before Christmas.

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,532
@Keibler Elf @Andre

Am I missing anything obvious re: the debate/match of the year nominations. Or any other award suggestions?

Overall Debate of the Year
Open Vote

Wrestling Divison Debate of the Year
RealManRegal - TD XXVIII - Who was WWE's MVP in 2014?
CM Punk'd - TDL XXIX - Should WWE induct Chyna into the WWE Hall of Fame?
RealManRegal & ZOMBO - TDL XXIX - Who is more to blame for the rejection of Roman Reigns at the Royal Rumble, WWE or Roman Reigns?
Seabs - TDL XXX - Is NXT a good developmental system?
Seabs - TDL XXXI - If Ronda Rousey can work one match at any Wrestlemania, what should it be?
DDMac - TDL XXXIII - Assuming WCW had competent booking, and the Time Warner Sale/Merger never happened, would WCW have defeated the WWF in the Monday Night Wars?
Curry - TDL XXXIV - How should the finish to Seth Rollins vs Brock Lesnar at Battleground 2015 be booked?
Seabs - TDL XXXV - Did WWE go to the Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens feud too soon?
Seabs - TDL XXXVI - Should WWE re-introduce time limits to matches?
Evolution - TDL XXXVII - Was the finish to Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker at Summerslam 2015 a good finish?

Sports Division Debate of the Year
Aid - TDL XXVII - Will Anthony Davis become an NBA MVP in the next 3 seasons (including this season)?
Baxter - TDL XXX - Which was the most unsporting act, the Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan incident, the Luis Resto/Billy Collins Jr. incident or the Mike Tyson/Evander Holyfield incident?
Baxter - TDL XXXI - Which sport requires a higher level of sporting IQ, Basketball or Football (Soccer)?
Seabs - TDL XXXII - Out of Steph Curry, James Harden, Lebron James & Russell Westbrook, who is most deserving of being this season's NBA MVP?
Andre - TDL XXXII - Out of Diego Costa, Harry Kane & Sergio Aguero, which two players are most deserving of being the 2 strikers in the 2014/2015 Premier League Team of the Season?
Magic - TDL XXXV - As of July 15th, which NBA Western Conference Team has the best roster?
RetepAdam. - TDL XXXVII - Which player was the most important factor in the Atlanta Hawks' success last season?
Curry - TDL XXXVIII - Do Sports in general do enough to combat racism?

Social Division Debate of the Year
Magic - TDL XXVII - Which character has had the best journey from a viewer perspective since the pilot of Game of Thrones, Sansa Stark or Theon Greyjoy?
ZOMBO - TDL XXVII - The conclusion to Omar's story on The Wire. A fitting or a lackluster end?
Rigby - TDL XXVII - Just because it's legal does that make something right?
Rigby - TDL XXVIII - Which is more important to making a great song, lyrics or beats?
Anark - TDL XXVIII - The world was a better place on New Years Day in 2000 than New Years Day in 2015. Agree or Disagree?
Bearodactyl - TDL XXXI - Which Season of Orange Is The New Black was better, Season 1 or 2?
Rigby - TDL XXXI - Which acting performance was the best, Jack Nicholson in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest or Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight?
Andre - TDL XXXI - Does America as a Country have a racist culture?
Anark - TDL XXXI - Should freedom of speech be an absolute right?
Anark - TDL XXXI - What was more important to the success of Alice in Chains, Jerry Cantrell’s song-writing or Layne Staley’s voice?
Anark - TDL XXXII - On The 100, which character relationship is the best; Clarke & Bellamy or Bellamy & Octavia?
M-Diggedy - TDL XXXIV - Is Spotify good or bad for the music industry as a whole?
M-Diggedy - TDL XXXV - Student A bullies Student B. Student B makes it known that they are being bullied by Student A and that it upsets them. Student B then takes their own life. Should Student A be held legally responsible for Student B's death?
M-Diggedy - TDL XXXVI - Is Donald Trump an idiot?
Andre - TDL XXXVII - Which character was the most pivotal to Jurassic Park I's plot?
Anark - TDL XXXVII - Is it better to be smart or good looking?
The Lady Killer - TDL XXXVIII - Who was more important to the success of The Beatles, John Lennon or Paul McCartney?

Overall Debater of the Year
Anark
Seabs
Baxter
Andre
RealManRegal
ZOMBO
Rigby
M-Diggedy
Curry

Wrestling Divison Debater of the Year
Seabs
RealManRegal
CGS
Curry

Sports Division Debater of the Year
Baxter
Curry
RetepAdam
Aid

Social Division Debater of the Year
Anark
Rigby
M-Diggedy

Overall Match of the Year
Open Vote

Wrestling Division Match of the Year
RealManRegal vs ZOMBO - TDL XXVIII - Who was WWE's MVP in 2014?
RealManRegal & ZOMBO vs Seabs & WOOLCOCK - TDL XXIX - Who is more to blame for the rejection of Roman Reigns at the Royal Rumble, WWE or Roman Reigns?
Andre vs DDMac - TDL XXXIII - Assuming WCW had competent booking, and the Time Warner Sale/Merger never happened, would WCW have defeated the WWF in the Monday Night Wars?
Seabs vs Curry - TDL XXXVI - Should WWE re-introduce time limits to matches?
Seabs vs Evolution vs Magic - TDL XXXVII - Was the finish to Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker at Summerslam 2015 a good finish?

Sports Division Match of the Year
Curry vs RAB vs Bearodactyl - You are an English Football Team at The Championship level or below and you have the option to sign Ched Evans who your manager feels would get into his team. Should you sign him or not?
Baxter vs Aid - TDL XXXI - Which sport requires a higher level of sporting IQ, Basketball or Football (Soccer)?
Seabs vs Aid - TDL XXXII - Out of Steph Curry, James Harden, Lebron James & Russell Westbrook, who is most deserving of being this season's NBA MVP?
Andre vs Baxter - TDL XXXII - Out of Diego Costa, Harry Kane & Sergio Aguero, which two players are most deserving of being the 2 strikers in the 2014/2015 Premier League Team of the Season?
Curry vs RetepAdam. - TDL XXXVIII - Do Sports in general do enough to combat racism?

Social Division Match of the Year
ZOMBO vs WOOLCOCK vs Hollywood Hanoi - TDL XXVII - The conclusion to Omar's story on The Wire. A fitting or a lackluster end?
Rigby vs AwSmash - TDL XXVIII - Which is more important to making a great song, lyrics or beats?
Rigby vs SPCDRI - TDL XXXI - Which acting performance was the best, Jack Nicholson in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest or Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight?
Andre vs Rigby - TDL XXXI - Does America as a Country have a racist culture?
Andre vs Anark - TDL XXXI - What was more important to the success of Alice in Chains, Jerry Cantrell’s song-writing or Layne Staley’s voice?
Anark vs Magic - TDL XXXII - On The 100, which character relationship is the best; Clarke & Bellamy or Bellamy & Octavia?
M-Diggedy vs Bearodactyl - TDL XXXV - Student A bullies Student B. Student B makes it known that they are being bullied by Student A and that it upsets them. Student B then takes their own life. Should Student A be held legally responsible for Student B's death?
Andre vs ZOMBO - TDL XXXVII - Which character was the most pivotal to Jurassic Park I's plot?
Anark vs M-Diggedy - TDL XXXVII - Is it better to be smart or good looking?
The Lady Killer vs Clique - TDL XXXVIII - Who was more important to the success of The Beatles, John Lennon or Paul McCartney?

Division of the Year
Open Vote

Show of the Year
Open Vote

Banner of the Year
Open Vote

Most Improved
Open Vote

Bodybag of the Year
Open Vote

Best Judge To Receive Feedback From
Open Vote

Most Likely To Become A First Time Champion in 2016
Open Vote

Biggest Upset of the Year
Open Vote

Biggest Dissapointment of the Year
Open Vote

Biggest Flop Debate of the Year
Open Vote

Best Story of the Year
Open Vote

Feud of the Year
Open Vote

Best Newcomer of 2015
Open Vote

Biggest Loss of 2015 (as in from the league not of a debate)
Open Vote

Best Champion of 2015
Open Vote

Most Underrated Debater of 2015
Open Vote

·
BLACK MARKET SMILIES
5,431 Posts
Amused at being included in the debater of the year category. Don't be silly.

Also not sure about me vs Mac being included as a debate of the year candidate. Both were pretty average efforts tbh.

Baxter vs Aid was also iffy iirc. Same goes for the curry/rab/bearo Evans debates. Guess you were limited for choices in sports.

The rest looks good.

·
Zombo
8,771 Posts
My Jurassic Park debate was better than Andre's, so his shouldn't be up for the best social debate if mine isn't :kappa :brodgers

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,535
Ok I've got some motivation to try and give this another big push again now. I'm gonna put the awards thread up today and hopefully that sparks at least some discussion. It hasn't helped that the last few card threads have been totally dead. Sounds daft but an idiot like Tater sounding off would actually be good for the section right about now. Gonna put up a thread too to try and get some suggestions for changes/improvements that we can take on board for the new year. Can't wait to see what daft ideas RR and Oxi come up with. Gonna send some PMs out too to try and see who we'd have available at the top of cards if we got going again after New Years. Even if it's just getting a couple of marquee part timers for each card it makes a big difference rather than having the below great level debaters filling up cards top to bottom. Plus it's just not worth it without a strong team of Judges so if the best Judges aren't on board even for just 2 matches a card then I'm not sure it's worth it because it'll just do more harm than good.

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,538
Idea maybe for the next card or the one after that. TDL UNPOPULAR OPINIONS. Basically users can post topics that would fall under "unpopular opinions" and then others can accept the challenge and debate against their stance on the same topic. Hoping it might attract some outside names for one off debates and maybe produce some higher standard debates. Or it flops hard when nobody posts/accepts challenges.

·
Zombo
8,771 Posts
Idea maybe for the next card or the one after that. TDL UNPOPULAR OPINIONS. Basically users can post topics that would fall under "unpopular opinions" and then others can accept the challenge and debate against their stance on the same topic. Hoping it might attract some outside names for one off debates and maybe produce some higher standard debates. Or it flops hard when nobody posts/accepts challenges.
I think it's an interesting idea Seabsy, and kudos for going outside the box on this one. I'd scope out any topics posted and see if there's one I could accept, which may get the ball rolling for other people. I'm all for it.

1521 - 1540 of 1578 Posts